Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else already receive an invitation for their 2nd Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was some reddit thread about someone getting several because he was an owner of a 3, then put in another res, then bought that one, then put in another res, and then that other purchase bumped him to the front of the line again, etc. Not sure it was real or not!

Since you are supposed to get only one 'bump' for each car you've taken delivery on, that's the only way it would make sense. But it would take a lot of money to do so!

The only good thing reported about this was that Tesla has about run out of owners so non-owners should be getting invites soon. But who knows....

Reactions: GTKAZ
I was able to configure our 2nd reservation (made 4/1/16) 2-3 weeks ago. We took delivery of our 1st one last Friday. We have had 2 Teslas previously, an S and an X. We sold the S when we got the X. We are not configuring our 2nd reservation. Still deciding what to do with it and will just leave it there for now. Depending on options and prices (AWD, White Interior, etc.) available early next year, we might consider selling our 1st and ordering a different configuration. Or we might replace our X with another 3 when our X lease is up next April. But doubtful. We love both. We’ll probably replace the X with another that we buy outright, but perhaps with smaller battery.

Reactions: GTKAZ
Okay awesome to hear. I was afraid of the backlash that so many are still waiting for their first Model 3. I just picked up my first Model 3 last week and received the invitation for another one a few days ago. I wanted to wait until the Dual motor version was available, but driving this Model 3 I'm realizing it's probably unnecessary. I wish I knew the official range and acceleration specs of the Dual motor, hmm decisions decisions....

I could have configured both of my Model 3 reservations in early December, but as I want AWD I haven't done the second one. I took delivery of the first one on Christmas eve. At the time I had owned my one Model S since September, 2014. First day line stander. California.

I had one order from the day after the 3 reveal event, and it has been configured and we are awaiting delivery.

We just placed another pre-order today but on the delivery estimate page it shows Late 2018. Which is different from what I've been hearing online of the configuration invite a few weeks after making another reservation. I wonder if that is accurate, since we have 2 Teslas (S and X), we should technically be getting two line jumps.

Okay awesome to hear. I was afraid of the backlash that so many are still waiting for their first Model 3. I just picked up my first Model 3 last week and received the invitation for another one a few days ago. I wanted to wait until the Dual motor version was available, but driving this Model 3 I'm realizing it's probably unnecessary. I wish I knew the official range and acceleration specs of the Dual motor, hmm decisions decisions....
It wouldn't be logical for anyone to lash out at your for Tesla's delivery decisions(of course, logic doesn't always play a role out here in the Internet)

I'm surprised they are allowing multiple reservations for prior-owners before ANY non-owners ordering. Especially with the unfortunate amount of people reselling on Ebay.

Reactions: Aellinsar and dm33
It wouldn't be logical for anyone to lash out at your for Tesla's delivery decisions(of course, logic doesn't always play a role out here in the Internet)

I'm surprised they are allowing multiple reservations for prior-owners before ANY non-owners ordering. Especially with the unfortunate amount of people reselling on Ebay.

Yeah I haven't really paid attention to Ebay or the second hand market too much. Are people buying them for a premium? If so how much? It seems like after the hassle of taxes and registration there wouldn't be too much profit. I can see some are listed for a premium but not sure if you guys have insight on actual sale prices.

It would address the blatant goosing of the air coil price, that reeks of you trying to rig the comparison to a given outcome.

Not so much you bringing in the red herrings of:
1) price when you had already tried to dismiss $ anyway AND the context of your initial post didn't deal with $
2) the "performance" option when you get to just make up what it means, in price and whatever else

Just can't shake the sense that you are "rigging" to try come to a preordained conclusion....and this post from you has, if anything, further set that.

"What if I changed this number not to be outrageous but then moved this other rectally extracted number to come up with the same total?" :confused: That just drives home how BS made-up your scenario is, with a few numbers jiggered, including a total fudge number that makes up the bulk of it, to come to a given end number....that isn't even really relevant any to your argument.

Fin. Goodbye.

I wish. Hurry up and stop these line jumpers who are not buying for themselves.

I see the rationale from Tesla, but I wish they did all first day reservation holders first, then employees, then owners, then everyone else. It seems to be a mix between owners and first day reservation holders right now, but primarily owners. Anyone have the latest statistic between those metrics?

Okay awesome to hear. I was afraid of the backlash that so many are still waiting for their first Model 3.

I have done enough lashing out (at Tesla that is) already for them treating their non-US non-owners like third class customers - or worse.
It's not your fault, so why should anyone lash out at you, or any other US owner in the same situation?

The only reason I am still hanging onto my day 1 reservation is that I have not (yet) pulled the trigger on ordering an e-Golf instead. As soon as I do that, Tesla will have lost a future customer for good. I mean, if I decide to favor VW over them, even though VW sold us one of their infamous Dieselgate vehicles, that shows a lot about how I feel about the way I am being treated by Tesla, doesn't it?

Anyway, enjoy your Model 3.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nurkbonis
I have done enough lashing out (at Tesla that is) already for them treating their non-US non-owners like third class customers - or worse.
It's not your fault, so why should anyone lash out at you, or any other US owner in the same situation?

The only reason I am still hanging onto my day 1 reservation is that I have not (yet) pulled the trigger on ordering an e-Golf instead. As soon as I do that, Tesla will have lost a future customer for good. I mean, if I decide to favor VW over them, even though VW sold us one of their infamous Dieselgate vehicles, that shows a lot about how I feel about the way I am being treated by Tesla, doesn't it?

Anyway, enjoy your Model 3.
I would urge you to hold out for your Model 3. I have a friend with a VW eGolf. You simply can not draw any comparison between the eGolf and a Model 3. I have driven his eGolf quite a bit and it is only a tad better than our Nissan Leaf. In addition his eGolf has had failures including two times it stopped at high speed on the highway. At the time of reservation, Tesla clearly explained that previous owners would receive their cars before new owners. Those early owners of Tesla are the ones who supported the company when it was a difficult time. Had early owners not been buying Model S's there would be no Model 3 at all for those waiting. I realize the wait and excitement can be difficult, but time will pass as it always does, all those waiting will finally have their Model 3 and will be ecstatic with joy.

I suggest you wait for your Model 3, otherwise, the first time you ride in one of your friends' Model 3, I assure you that you will beat yourself up over having cancelled your Model 3 for an eGolf.

At the time of reservation, Tesla clearly explained that previous owners would receive their cars before new owners. Those early owners of Tesla are the ones who supported the company when it was a difficult time. Had early owners not been buying Model S's there would be no Model 3 at all for those waiting.

I know (and fully appreciate) that fact. As a Tesla stockholder I am very happy about any sales successes the company can report.
BUT: my gripe is that there was no "cut off date" for preferrential treatment of existing owners or rather the lax definition of "existing" owners.
If only owners who had a Tesla when reservations were made possible got preferrential treatment that would have been ok with me. There would have been a time when all existing owners would have gotten their Model 3 and then non-owners would have gotten the cars they reserved. They could have even said "everyone who buys a Tesla until date X, for example Dez 31, 2016, will get preferrential treatment, after that it's first come first served".
As it is, even someone (in the US) who bought a Model S or X yesterday and reserves a Model 3 today will get an invite to configure shortly, while all non owners get pushed back even more, even those who reserved on day one, almost two years ago. That imho is showing a big F***-you finger at those early non-owner reservationists. After all, my projected delivery date got pushed back three times already, the latest happened a short while ago, after it became apparent that loads of new reservations are pouring in from people in the US who just bought an S or X recently or who had already gotten their 3 and are now allowed unlimited new reservations/invites to configure even though it was claimed that it was one per existing owned vehicle. And let's not forget, even though us non-owner early reservationists didn't support Tesla as much as early buyers of S and X vehicles, we too gave Tesla over 400 million dollars of "trust" in advance. Not to simply be dismissed either I would say.

I would urge you to hold out for your Model 3. I have a friend with a VW eGolf. You simply can not draw any comparison between the eGolf and a Model 3. I have driven his eGolf quite a bit and it is only a tad better than our Nissan Leaf. In addition his eGolf has had failures including two times it stopped at high speed on the highway.

Interesting. Was that the "old" e-Golf or the updated newer one with the larger battery and longer range?
And about the comparison. Well, to be honest, when I compare the UI experience in both vehicles, I very much prefer the e-Golf over the Model 3.
My main reasons for choosing a Model 3 in the first place were:

a) even though I don't actually need it, I would love the immense range
b) again, I won't need it 99% of the time, but the SC network might come in handy one day
c) it's roomier than the e-Golf
d) it looks more sexy
e) it's a Tesla

For everything else I prefer the e-Golf actually:

a) better build quality
b) much better UI
c) easier when it comes to service (dealership in walking distance vs Tesla being 40 miles away)
d) no stupid keycard/phone app needed to open/close the car

Last edited:
I had one order from the day after the 3 reveal event, and it has been configured and we are awaiting delivery.

We just placed another pre-order today but on the delivery estimate page it shows Late 2018. Which is different from what I've been hearing online of the configuration invite a few weeks after making another reservation. I wonder if that is accurate, since we have 2 Teslas (S and X), we should technically be getting two line jumps.

I reserved 12/18/17 and it always showed "late 2018" right up until 2/14/18 when I got the invite to configure.

Reactions: DDotJ and GTKAZ