Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else notice their X wake up, unfold mirrors then sleep again?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Muzzman1

Feb 8, 2014
Los Angeles
So I noticed today while working on my S in the garage my wife's X occasionally (about once every 15 mins) will enable the contactors, unfold the mirrors raise the spoiler, fold them back up then drop the spoiler....all over a period of 7-10 seconds.

The only suspicion I have is that I have my cars all on "Teslalog.com" Could it be that the website is requesting data, so the car wakes up, and in doing so, part of the internal wake up is the mirrors and spoiler?

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

So I noticed today while working on my S in the garage my wife's X occasionally (about once every 15 mins) will enable the contactors, unfold the mirrors raise the spoiler, fold them back up then drop the spoiler....all over a period of 7-10 seconds.

The only suspicion I have is that I have my cars all on "Teslalog.com" Could it be that the website is requesting data, so the car wakes up, and in doing so, part of the internal wake up is the mirrors and spoiler?

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Maybe it's lonely and wanting some attention? Take it out for a ride and see if that temporarily solves the problem. :D

Reactions: halg
Hey, I saw my first X a month ago in a shopping mall parking lot and it did this exact thing! I wanted to say hi to the owner, but he/she was nowhere near. Mirrors we're opening and closing autonomously.

I have seen this happen twice w/ mine. Both times no key on me or my wife when the mirrors articulated out and back in. I've one instance of the right falcon wing door seemingly opening by itself-- fob was in my pocket, so MAYBE it was an accidental click, but an accidental double click seems unlikely.

I only notice this if my door from my house to the garage is open. I keep my keys in a key dish at the front door which is another 8 feet from the door. Seems like the signal strength of my fob is stronger than on the S.

If the door is open, the X seems to sometimes detect it and wakes up. But since it seems on the edge of the range, I see the X go back to sleep. If I close the garage door, the car sleeps and seems to stay asleep.

image.gif

I noticed this issue as well when I'm doing something in the garage with the fob on me or nearby. Could also explain why some folks have reported really short fob battery lifespan. Must be some constant bidirectional communication between key & car when in range. Could also explain the door open-too-long issue (with key nearby) - like at a detailer. I've learned to keep the fob away from the car when not in use. Gets tricky though - I have to leave it nearby, but too far, while I approach the car to plug in the charger. If the key is in my pocket, the door will open (if auto open enabled). If the key is not nearby, the car is locked and won't allow me to open the charge port. I call it MIBAS "ModelX Interaction Behavior Adjustment Syndrome" o_O