Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received their refreshed Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any more pictures of the midnight silver metallic MS redesign? That's the one I have on order and I'm SO EXCITED, just want to see whether I like the new design or not... Saw 1 earlier in this thread, but doesn't reveal much.

Tanner - I'll be happy to post as many pictures as you'd like when mine arrives in a couple of weeks. :) Midnight silver, pano roof, grey next gen seats.

Reactions: bradjc
A friend just went to buy a new P90 yesterday at the Buena Park SC and found a new Pre-facelift that met his specs and all Tesla offered was about $5,000 off from new facelift, so he went new.

He told me that it would have had to be closer to $9,000 to $11,000 difference to sway him, which is what it would take to sway me. If you want to do it, I'd act fast before the new models become "the look", which they will. I'd upgrade if I could:(.

Agreed. As someone wrote in another thread, if you were to return the car with a few hundred/thousand miles on it, you think the used value is only $5k less? Aside from ones listed at 50 miles, you're basically being offered an older, used car that some may have treated like a rental.

I visited a showroom this weekend to take a look at a refreshed model s. I like the new look quite a bit. The advisor I spoke with implied there were other items aside from the obvious cosmetic ones, but, wouldn't or couldn't get specific when I pressed for details. I guess as the new cars get out into the wild, we'll find out what they might be.

Here's pictures that were posted of Midnight Silver
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: DÆrik
Where is this data coming from with the discount shown? The inventory cars I can see on the Tesla website look like they are only discounted $1K-$2K and there is no information I can see showing the discount.

The discounts are calculated based off the highest price the cars were posted for on Tesla's site. Sometimes the prices have increased, but most of the time they decrease. *NOTE* The discount shown does not represent a discount off the new price, it's the difference between the current listed price and the maximum price it was ever listed at. While some were listed originally at new price, some where listed at already discounted prices.

I had a few minutes to sit down and go over the data. 28 of the cars in Florida had an issue. They seem to have been listed at the new price originally. Then the next time Tesla updated pricing, prices were increased by $7,500. Subsequently, over the next 3-5 days the prices were then lowered back to the original price. Because of this the discount on some of the Florida cars was deceiving. Technically these cars were listed at the higher price for several days. We are just collecting the data and displaying it, so everything seen is what they listed on their site at one time.

I have gone in and deleted the inflated/higher/wrong price so that they won't come up showing an incorrect discount.

As of right now, my best guess is that whoever manages the Florida inventory accidentally added the $7500 tax credit onto the price... Thanks for the heads up!

I have attached a new screen shot showing the current top discounted cars.

Thanks Erik

Capture.JPG

I visited a showroom this weekend to take a look at a refreshed model s. I like the new look quite a bit. The advisor I spoke with implied there were other items aside from the obvious cosmetic ones, but, wouldn't or couldn't get specific when I pressed for details. I guess as the new cars get out into the wild, we'll find out what they might be.

Since your location says Colorado, did you go to the Park Meadows Mall showroom? I stopped by on Saturday and they didn't have a refreshed S in the store at that time. Only a pre-refresh S and an X.

Thanks Erik

Since your location says Colorado, did you go to the Park Meadows Mall showroom? I stopped by on Saturday and they didn't have a refreshed S in the store at that time. Only a pre-refresh S and an X.

Thanks Erik
I was excited to place my order for my MS 70D at the park meadows showroom on Friday. Delivery due in early July (my request, cant take it earlier). The MS on display was the non-refreshed version. Store said they expected their refreshed floor model in a week or two.

I was working with Levi to place my order, great guy and very knowlegable. He wasnt specific about the facelift deatils other than what we already know, but he said that there are 300+ changes in the facelift.

brister

I was excited to place my order for my MS 70D at the park meadows showroom on Friday. Delivery due in early July (my request, cant take it earlier). The MS on display was the non-refreshed version. Store said they expected their refreshed floor model in a week or two.

I was working with Levi to place my order, great guy and very knowlegable. He wasnt specific about the facelift deatils other than what we already know, but he said that there are 300+ changes in the facelift.

brister

I would expect most of those changes are little things down inside the car that nobody is likely to see. We do know the charger changed to the 48/72A used on the Model X, probably quite a few changes went into the changes in the front end: the new bumper, new headlights, new nose piece, new frunk layout, HEPA filter housing, etc.

When I talked to the Portland DS I mentioned that it looked like all the changes for the refresh were things brought over from the Model X and she said yes, though I couldn't tell if that was anything official or just her opinion based on what she'd seen.

There are some other X changes things that could be ported like the windshield washer sprayers integrated into the washer arm, the front door pockets, and some other things. I think it is possible we may see a refresh phase II when they run out of the old washer arm parts and out of the old door panels. I was looking at some pictures of the front doors on the Model S and X and the inner door panel looks the same except for the storage space on the X. It's possible the dimensions of the doors are a little different and the X inner door panels won't fit on the S door, but if there are the same dimensions, they could standardize on the X door panels.

Another area where they could simplify the S is to put the Model X door handles on the S. The mechanism on the X is much simpler than the S. They would have to redesign a part for the rear door handle on the S and probably have to change the design of the front door outer panel a little, but otherwise they could port the mechanism right over.

There were also rumors the X seats were going over to the Model S which may happen when Tesla uses up the old style seats in stock.

Tesla is making a move to streamline production across the board and homogenizing the S and X production lines as much as possible is a big step in that direction. But Tesla probably has stocks of parts for the S they need to burn through before changing over. I expect the Ss from Q2 2016 are going to end up as hodge podges of the old and new as they transition.

Since mileage has been brought up, Here is a list of cars with only 50 miles on the odometer that have been discounted.. Some nice ones in there that have likely never been driven!

I will say that after looking at all the data, the cars with the biggest discount tend to be located in Florida. There are some others scattered around though. Perhaps they thought Florida sales would be higher?

View attachment 176049

Where did you find this???

Tesla is making a move to streamline production across the board and homogenizing the S and X production lines as much as possible is a big step in that direction. But Tesla probably has stocks of parts for the S they need to burn through before changing over. I expect the Ss from Q2 2016 are going to end up as hodge podges of the old and new as they transition.
Yeah. I agree, I worry that there may be a period of 3-5 months where as old parts run out, new ones are brought in. I think that is primarily holding back the seats and 100KwH battery.

We will see. Since I don't have the cash to upgrade, I'll just enjoy some popcorn and a hoppy beverage!

Reactions: gsxdsm