Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you able to reply back? I can receive but cant reply back. I have a iphone x max
so far I haven't had any problems with my iPhone 8+. I saw in the notes it says it can't do group messages or has limitations but today I got a group message. It displayed the message just fine but when responding it responded directly back to that user. So kinda weird it shows group messages but can't reply to it. Kinda annoying if you're driving because you can't easily identify that it was from a group message via the UI so if you respond you don't know it's going directly to the last user.

Kamloops BC. Got an Arctic blast covering here and the middle of the upper continent. Alberta was 10 degrees colder than this; wind chills of -45C so cant complain too much. :)
Fun fact. Worked in Edmonton, AL one winter. They gave us a little briefing at the start and stated that the C and F scales crossed at -40. Sure enough and it appears you need to know that there. :)

Reactions: dark cloud
so far I haven't had any problems with my iPhone 8+. I saw in the notes it says it can't do group messages or has limitations but today I got a group message. It displayed the message just fine but when responding it responded directly back to that user. So kinda weird it shows group messages but can't reply to it. Kinda annoying if you're driving because you can't easily identify that it was from a group message via the UI so if you respond you don't know it's going directly to the last user.

Ok I can reply back now after I upgraded the ISO on my phone

IMG_0600.PNG
2020.4.1 Is the best update this year. :D
Seriously between text messaging capability, which is working surprisingly well, voice control options which now actually make sense: you don't have to say "navigate to _____" but "drive to, or go to, or something else that humans actually say in English, and other voice control options such as adjusting heat options, and camp mode which I love because I don't have to go and push on the seat every 8 minutes or so when working on the car and listening to music, this is an excellent update.

They have actually fixed the issue with no turning on the battery on preheat as well. We got battery warming on preheat/conditioning. :)

I have noticed no differences in regards to nag, autopilot operation, and supercharging definitely was no quicker, but again in near zero temperatures with the car not warm not a conclusive test. I did notice the coolant pump was on a looonnggg time after parking the car in the garage after supercharging then driving 20 minutes home, in only 5 C weather.

Also by checking the text send and receive function, and having my daughter text me indecent texts, videoing the car's response to the text and sending that video back to my daughter for her to see we were having much more fun than we ever did with fart mode!

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
Supercharging speed on 2020.4.1: I saw triple digits to start but it quickly fell to give a factor near 105. Used to get a factor ( soc + kW) of 110 but now either due to mileage/age or the firmware update has fallen to 105 and stays there until pretty much the end, where it actually climbs back up to near 110 factor.
1 hour from 13% to 80% . Car was driven for over an hour before so fully warm. It is what it is.
0CED9DE1-4D66-4F5C-B539-CAD9C5EFB5DF.jpeg

84C332BC-2323-4771-8168-6F4661D224DC.jpeg

7D40E52E-32F8-439F-A371-91C637EC75C1.jpeg

Attachments

• E482B77F-1B7A-4CC3-9591-61D60AD0D5C7.jpeg
    E482B77F-1B7A-4CC3-9591-61D60AD0D5C7.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 33
Supercharging speed on 2020.4.1: I saw triple digits to start but it quickly fell to give a factor near 105. Used to get a factor ( soc + kW) of 110 but now either due to mileage/age or the firmware update has fallen to 105 and stays there until pretty much the end, where it actually climbs back up to near 110 factor.
1 hour from 13% to 80% . Car was driven for over an hour before so fully warm. It is what it is.
View attachment 506793
View attachment 506796
View attachment 506795

Thanks for the update. Looks like the charging taper hasn’t really changed.

I don't expect it will ever get faster, but I'm sure not rich enough to flip my model S every 2 years and get 25% quicker supercharging rates.

Amen. Until FSD actually works and range exceeds 400+ miles I'm loving my "unicorn" 2015 P85D+.

Here's my most recent Supercharging session at the new Anaheim v3 Supercharger with 75ºF ambient temperature at ~ 54,000 miles:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_57fb.jpg

ok what is your mileage?
What software version are you on,
and are those the numbers when you first plug in or after supercharging for several minutes?

2015 90D w/ 55k mi
2019.40.2.3 with a 2020.4.1 pending
52kW@7%
102kW@10%
111kW peak @37%
100kW@45%
92kW@50%
82kW@60%

Hopefully that helps paint a more complete picture. Honestly I'm so ****ing tired of Tesla's awful communication and treating y'all like nothing's wrong. These superchargers kneecappings effectively eliminate the car having any hope of being anything beyond a commuter car.

• Informative
Reactions: dark cloud