Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, and as expected, no theater. Although interestingly enough, theater was mentioned in the release notes.

Attachments

• 24E3693D-D784-4B3F-94B8-0782818AAA58.jpeg
    24E3693D-D784-4B3F-94B8-0782818AAA58.jpeg
    819.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 23B74D5E-D78D-4991-9289-961F0B9457A1.jpeg
    23B74D5E-D78D-4991-9289-961F0B9457A1.jpeg
    585.7 KB · Views: 71
  • A9B6F090-3AFC-4E18-A369-99948A1F754C.jpeg
    A9B6F090-3AFC-4E18-A369-99948A1F754C.jpeg
    523.4 KB · Views: 77
First impressions - pretty much the same as V9 for the most part.

I see Spotify and Joe Mode are there ready for use. Lucky and Hungry options in map.

It does seem like AP now gets moving a little more "briskly" than before. That is when traffic starts moving it doesn't leave a half block gap while trying to get up to speed anymore - it accelerates like a "normal person" car now instead. Otherwise still drives like a 15 year old on a drivers permit in poorly marked roads.... I should take it on the highway later today and I'm sure it will fine there.

Otherwise no issues that I could detect.

• Informative
Reactions: T.R.T.e.s.l.a.
First impressions - pretty much the same as V9 for the most part.

I see Spotify and Joe Mode are there ready for use. Lucky and Hungry options in map.

It does seem like AP now gets moving a little more "briskly" than before. That is when traffic starts moving it doesn't leave a half block gap while trying to get up to speed anymore - it accelerates like a "normal person" car now instead. Otherwise still drives like a 15 year old on a drivers permit in poorly marked roads.... I should take it on the highway later today and I'm sure it will fine there.

Otherwise no issues that I could detect.
Yup, similar experience for me. Issues like Bluetooth lag (if you're watching a video on your phone/tablet streaming audio through Bluetooth, there's about a half second lag) as well as timeout on first use of push to talk are still issues.

It does seem like AP now gets moving a little more "briskly" than before. That is when traffic starts moving it doesn't leave a half block gap while trying to get up to speed anymore - it accelerates like a "normal person" car now instead.
I hope this is true. I don't expect it to launch in Ludicrous mode or anything, but try to get moving before the car in front is at 10 MPH and has made you look like you've been playing with your phone or otherwise not paying attention.

oh - I do want to mention one other thing I noticed, it at least did it once. It started braking sooner than normal. I got to say AP at times makes me nervous how it seems to not see the cars stopped at a light and results in either hard late braking or me just taking over. Today, however, it seems to finally see the cars stopped ahead before they even show up as cars on the Instrument Cluster and started slowing down a little more gradually and sooner than normal. It did it once, so not sure it will do it every time yet, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Before the v10 update my passenger side headlight randomly goes out(like this THREAD). I just turn my lights off and back on and it gets back up and running. After the v10 update and 1 hard reboot. The passenger side headlight went out on me 3 times one morning. After 2 additional hard reboots, everything has been okay so far.

Anyway, I commute 154 miles daily. AP really did improve on the highway. Car slows down gracefully now when another car moves to my lane and speeds back up. Very noticeable difference as I used to always get somewhat harsh slowdown when somebody merges to my lane and my car is slow at getting back to set cruise speeds. Lane change is snappier as well, creates space or moves away a little bit when beside an 18-wheeler or another vehicle. I would say AP is as close to my driving now.

Haven't fully tested Joe mode yet with the family but it does lower the notification sound which is nice.

Car has been great at rush hour traffic as well. No hard or late breaking like @Huachipato

This car have been a warrior. Got her in December 2018 with 54k+ miles and I'm now at 99.5k miles. Tire thread still good!

I'm having massive screen refresh and lockup issues. It gets to the point it's unusable. I've rebooted multiple times. I also powered the car down overnight which didn't help either. The screen seems to be far more laggy than before.

You think factory reset would help? It will wipe everything but an option for you.
Yeah, I'm seriously considering that. I've been a systems engineer for many years. I do know that in some cases, when you have multiple interconnected systems at play, it's good to let things work through their normal cycles and to get resync'd. I'm going to leave it alone for a few days and see how it goes. After that, I'll be kicking it the balls and doing a hard reset.

Reactions: WannabeOwner