Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stranded @ Home Depot....

Wonder if Tesla could reim my neighbors who graciously brought me my FOB.:rolleyes:

Back to draggin that FOB around:)

Would love to see a Bluetooth solution for S&X.

Wife and kids having no issues on road trip with our 3:)

Would love to see text, email, twitter broadcast, waited for roadside for 30 minutes to hear that no help was available :confused:

Anyhoo, Cheers to my great neighbors:)

Reactions: boaterva
Stranded @ Home Depot....

Wonder if Tesla could reim my neighbors who graciously brought me my FOB.:rolleyes:

Back to draggin that FOB around:)

Would love to see a Bluetooth solution for S&X.

Wife and kids having no issues on road trip with our 3:)

Would love to see text, email, twitter broadcast, waited for roadside for 30 minutes to hear that no help was available :confused:

Anyhoo, Cheers to my great neighbors:)
They may add BT down the road but seriously it’s not recommended to use only the app for the S and X as you are dependent on cell coverage as well as the Tesla servers.

How did you get stranded because of the app being down? I thought you couldn't drive an S or X without the fob.
Sure you can. Apps work fine. Until they don’t.

You can lock/unlock/start the car as long as passive entry is on. But you are taking chances on no cell coverage or the Tesla servers having issues. There is no local phone to car interaction.

Reactions: cwerdna
Every vendor says this. It’s a legal thing. They never admit to ‘everyone’. Let it go. :D

(More: then electrek/CNBC/whoever can’t publish stories saying ‘OMG Tesla down for everyone!!!!!!’)

Lol, as if electrek would ever publish an article like that.

Electrek headline: “Tesla Introduces Innovative New ‘App Maintenance’ Tweet Service”

• Funny
Reactions: MacGreiner
It’s these kind of instances when you realize how dependent we are starting to become on software. I still appreciate that the model s can work with the MCU off. I think it will be a nightmare with the M3 or any future cars if the network/software has a critical bug.

Reactions: Kuhz