Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been discussed. Streaming still works. That AT&T outage started days ago. This is a database issue.

Love to hear what it IS though! And on a weekend too. Can’t wait for the after action on this fiasco. It’s been 10 hours or so!

As a longtime IT person, I can tell you someone’s head is gonna roll and changes will be made. Already suggested the automatic maintenance message but that should have been done way back.

They're going to publish that no matter what. Only now, they'll also be able to say Tesla falsely claims only some users are affected.
Lol... they can’t really say that without polling each and every user. Or getting someone at Tesla to admit it. Seriously, this should be fun.

And more seriously, Elon needs that COO we been talking about.

We were driving our MS when the screen went out. Got it back and came home and they suggested shutting it down and rebooting. We had to leave and took other car for errands and didn't get chance to reboot. When we checked on car got these screens on our app.

IMG_7122.PNG IMG_7127.PNG

Temporary maintenance implies to me its on Tesla's side.

We were driving our MS when the screen went out. Got it back and came home and they suggested shutting it down and rebooting. We had to leave and took other car for errands and didn't get chance to reboot. When we checked on car got these screens on our app.

View attachment 295729 View attachment 295730

Temporary maintenance implies to me its on Tesla's side.
Yes, it’s on Tesla’s side. Since about 11 AM ET. Came back for a few minutes around noon. They finally added that message since support has been buried all day.

After 9 hours this is getting interesting.

(And interesting your car was affected. Mine started charging when the mothership died and overran the set limit. I’ll post TeslaFi data later.). (Dang autocorrect)

Last edited:
Yes, it’s on Tesla’s side. Since about 11 AM ET. Came back for a few minutes around noon. They finally added that message since support has been buried all day.

After 9 hours this is getting interesting.

(And interesting your car was affected. Mine started charging when the mothership does and overran the set limit. I’ll post TeslaFi data later.)

We're not sure there is any correlation between the console reboot while driving and the communication outage.

it went out or just rebooted? Spontaneous reboot of the MCU seems to be a semi-random thing on some firmwares (especiallly MCU2). Not sure why they would recommend another reboot after a reboot?

Audio suddenly stopped, the center screen went black, then the Tesla logo appeared, so it seemed to spontaneously reboot. Soon after, the map came back and audio restarted. MCU1. We won't be home til later tonight so hopefully issues fixed by then.

Audio suddenly stopped, the center screen went black, then the Tesla logo appeared, so it seemed to spontaneously reboot. Soon after, the map came back and audio restarted. MCU1. We won't be home til later tonight so hopefully issues fixed by then.
Yeah that’s a ‘normal’ spontaneous reboot. When exactly did it happen? Because I’m wondering if some cars could have been doing something that didn’t like their connection being terminated. Mine sure didn’t.

Still weird the fix for a reboot is another

My screen also did a reboot as I was driving. Music stopped, even went black, then the "T" came back on. This happened at 9:11am Pacific time this morning. Shortly after, I could notvery any updates from my app regarding charging status at a local supercharger.

Doesn’t Tesla have a server status page does anyone know please?
Obviously not since it took six hours for it even to give the message it does now. :D

Someone in IT there needs to be fired. Seriously. First for no HA/DR (high availability/disaster recovery) plan and second for no message to clients when they are down (for six hours, I meant).

Last edited:
My screen also did a reboot as I was driving. Music stopped, even went black, then the "T" came back on. This happened at 9:11am Pacific time this morning. Shortly after, I could notvery any updates from my app regarding charging status at a local supercharger.
That was about the time of the second failure. It came back once and then went away again at 12:10 or so ET. Interesting.

My theory is that cars that were talking to the mothership didn’t like having the connection terminated.