Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears as if Tesla is trying to rush the US orders for the rest of the month. I hope to hear from them near the end of March/ beginning of April.

What makes you say that? Honestly I wouldn't be optimistic, it seems tesla only
It appears as if Tesla is trying to rush the US orders for the rest of the month. I hope to hear from them near the end of March/ beginning of April.

What makes you say that? I wouldn't be so optimistic, it seems Tesla only delivers cars once a quarter. Wouldn't be surprised if April 1st they shift all production to China and Europe for 2 months and forget about NA till end of quarter push.

I have one week to return my lease and still no VIN :). That's going to be interesting.

Same boat bud, except I have till end of April. What are you going to do?

Delivery date just popped up on my account, March 29. No VIN tho.

AWD
MSM
White
Aero

Vancouver, BC.

I have gotten 4 different delivery dates in my account this month, don't hold your breath it means nothing. Best thing to do is call and confirm. Without a VIN delivery date means nothing.

What makes you say that? I wouldn't be so optimistic, it seems Tesla only delivers cars once a quarter. Wouldn't be surprised if April 1st they shift all production to China and Europe for 2 months and forget about NA till end of quarter push. /QUOTE]

I'm just hoping that with the batches they made in March for North America, they'll be converting some to Canadian Spec vehicles and shippings then over. They just don't want too many cars in transit at the end of the quarter. But, yeah, I don't understand why they keep having to do this end of quarter rush when they could spread it out through the quarter more.

Same boat bud, except I have till end of April. What are you going to do?
I work close to my home - so I might bike to work or just work from home. Hopefully the snow melts soon :)
Our other car is Nissan Leaf and we can survive with shorter range for a little bit. But if I don't get my car by first 2 weeks of April, I will start asking for some goodies from Tesla. I based the purchase timing on the 2 weeks estimated delivery.

I work close to my home - so I might bike to work or just work from home. Hopefully the snow melts soon :)
Our other car is Nissan Leaf and we can survive with shorter range for a little bit. But if I don't get my car by first 2 weeks of April, I will start asking for some goodies from Tesla. I based the purchase timing on the 2 weeks estimated delivery.

Same lol except I ordered in Jan and no VIN or delivery in the forseeable future. Good luck with goodies I tried to no avail. Let me know what happens! What would you ask for?

Same lol except I ordered in Jan and no VIN or delivery in the forseeable future. Good luck with goodies I tried to no avail. Let me know what happens! What would you ask for?

I am still hoping that I will receive the car in a week or two :) Although hearing your story I am getting sceptical if I don't get the car by the end of next week (end of quarter).

I don't know what I would ask for yet - roof rack, FSD... those are all too expensive (but cost nearly nothing for Tesla) for couple of week delay, but if it takes months (like you) I would push for those items (or at least for some discount), because I would buy them in the future anyway.

What did you ask for?

I am still hoping that I will receive the car in a week or two :) Although hearing your story I am getting sceptical if I don't get the car by the end of next week (end of quarter).

I don't know what I would ask for yet - roof rack, FSD... those are all too expensive (but cost nearly nothing for Tesla) for couple of week delay, but if it takes months (like you) I would push for those items (or at least for some discount), because I would buy them in the future anyway.

What did you ask for?

I wouldn't hold my breath for freebies from them. I'm still waiting for my car, have been for almost 9 months there (no, not an exaggeration) due to some screw up in their system (long story). I am still waiting for my DA to get back to me about cargo mats and sunshades, for at least two weeks now. Please do let us know if you do get something and the tactic you used. I would love to hear that.

What did you ask for?

My situation is different because I ordered the MR which they took orders for but decided nope we don't make any so why bother updating the clients.
I asked for EAP upgrade from AP (which I was prepared to purchase) since I purchased it in my original order and they found that to be an unreasonable request on my side.

I wouldn't hold my breath for freebies from them. I'm still waiting for my car, have been for almost 9 months there (no, not an exaggeration) due to some screw up in their system (long story). I am still waiting for my DA to get back to me about cargo mats and sunshades, for at least two weeks now. Please do let us know if you do get something and the tactic you used. I would love to hear that.
I'm not good negotiator, so if you didn't manage to get any freebie, then I will not be able to get either.
I still hope I will receive my car in a week or two, and then I don't have to deal with not having a second car.

Reactions: adys123
Trick is be polite but firm and just ask the simple question "What can you do for me?".
If they say nothing then so be it. Let them do the talking to see whats the option. Follow up tip: An example: "We can offer you 100$ super charging credit", you respond "Add a charging station and its done."
Granted this most likely wont get you far at all with Tesla since they dont negotiate but you don't get what you don't ask for and there is no harm in asking.
My insurance was outrageous for my current car (a 7 yr old mazda) so I just said wow thats a lot cant you do anything? He came back and lowered the payments by 20$ a month lol.

Ordered a LR AWD (grey ext, black int, 18", FSD) on March 8th. Matched with a 2018 VIN on March 22nd with a tentative delivery by end of this week Mar 30th or 31st. Cutting it close to the end of Q1, so I got a sizeable discount due to the 2018 model year.

I have to say, the Vancouver Tesla folks that I have engaged with have been courteous and awesome.

Just a follow up. I ordered a black/black SR+, aero wheels w/AP on March 17th, got a VIN on the same day and the first delivery guy told me there was one here so a fast March 23rd delivery but now pushed to March 27th. The delivery guy is really friendly and does a good job of communicating. I’ve actually received all of the rudimentary mail order Tesla items from Amazon and Tesla except 19” turbine rims which are backordered to mid April. I have no complaints about the short wait since things could be a lot worse than waiting for a 2019 Tesla

I have order black AWD LR on March 4 - no VIN or delivery date yet.
That's the config I ordered March 1st and just got a VIN for.
Just a follow up. I ordered a black/black SR+, aero wheels w/AP on March 17th, got a VIN on the same day and the first delivery guy told me there was one here so a fast March 23rd delivery but now pushed to March 27th. The delivery guy is really friendly and does a good job of communicating. I’ve actually received all of the rudimentary mail order Tesla items from Amazon and Tesla except 19” turbine rims which are backordered to mid April. I have no complaints about the short wait since things could be a lot worse than waiting for a 2019 Tesla
You got lucky. I placed my order for a black AWD LR March 1st and have been given a March 29th delivery date. It seems that contrary to the estimates presented on the website, SR+ had shorter delivery times.

Ordered a LR AWD (grey ext, black int, 18", FSD) on March 8th. Matched with a 2018 VIN on March 22nd with a tentative delivery by end of this week Mar 30th or 31st. Cutting it close to the end of Q1, so I got a sizeable discount due to the 2018 model year.

I have to say, the Vancouver Tesla folks that I have engaged with have been courteous and awesome.

What was the discount that you had received if you don't mind my asking? I was told that the average was approximately $4,000 or so. Does this affect your financing rates (financial institution looking at it like its a used vehicle?) because on the bill of sale it will read demo/service unit?

Also, how many km's did your car have?