Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are others waiting for 2023.6.9 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my download two nights ago, but doesn't change anything for me. I've parked without incident for over 30 years using my own eyes and judgement. I've parked my M3 for the 4,000 miles I've driven it and didn't know it was "missing" USS until I saw the end of the world threads on these forums. I'm so used to parking a car using basic driving skills that I probably will continue to pay zero attention to whatever park assist the car offers other than glancing at the backup camera.

I got my download two nights ago, but doesn't change anything for me. I've parked without incident for over 30 years using my own eyes and judgement. I've parked my M3 for the 4,000 miles I've driven it and didn't know it was "missing" USS until I saw the end of the world threads on these forums. I'm so used to parking a car using basic driving skills that I probably will continue to pay zero attention to whatever park assist the car offers other than glancing at the backup camera.
Prepare for the thumbs down from the USS mafia

I just got it and installed it while I'm at work, so haven't driven with it installed. Does this show the distance to objects on basic autopilot or is EAP or FSD required to get that?

Ours has just the basic Autopilot and it does the new park assist thing since we got the update a few days ago. We haven't found it too helpful, and downright annoying when backing into our garage; bonging, hooting, and displaying STOP multiple times. Can it be disabled? I miss the PS OFF button (we affectionately called it p*ss off) that our old Santa Fe had for its parking sensors...

Last edited:
For those who have mentioned that the sounds the new update makes is annoying, I agree. You do know that settings allow you to turn off the warning noises completely? I turned mine off in the first 30 seconds. The visualizations are enough, and almost too much. I have a garbage can 3 feet from where I park, and it warns me. My driveway is gravel, and it goes bonkers because it doesn't know if it is a solid barrier or not. Strange because this is all on level ground. I parked at the bank today, which has a curb only three inches high and can't harm my car, and the red squiggly line turns a solid dark red showing UNDER the front of my car. So I park and have a look-see if it is accurate. The front nose was 18" away from the curb. So I'm glad it warned me of the "danger," but can I trust this? No way. Perhaps amusing to watch (looks like a force field), but not all that helpful.

You know what would be really helpful? A reliable way to monitor if you're going to curb your wheels when parallel parking -- real cameras looking down on each side to see on the screen. I just know that if I begin to rely on a red squiggle, I'm going to do some real damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinT3141
The sensors work pretty well in all my driving situations so far. It's conservative, but that's good. The only big problem i've encountered is the "loading" is incredibly slow- like a solid 10 sec after I put it into D. So it's still loading as i'm pulling away - kinda pointless unless you just sit there waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_3008.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 89
Picked up my model 3 on 3/2. Changed update to Advanced on 3/29. Got update on 3/30.

I think I may regret the update. I have a single lane driveway and when I park to one side for clearance, it beeps like mad, but there is sufficient room (probably less than 6" though).

The sensors work pretty well in all my driving situations so far. It's conservative, but that's good. The only big problem i've encountered is the "loading" is incredibly slow- like a solid 10 sec after I put it into D. So it's still loading as i'm pulling away - kinda pointless unless you just sit there waiting.
I had the same issue once when I was in a concrete parking garage, but hasn't happened since then. Not sure if it was still calibrating but so far no delay when I hop into the car and pull out of my home garage.

Picked up my model 3 on 3/2. Changed update to Advanced on 3/29. Got update on 3/30.

I think I may regret the update. I have a single lane driveway and when I park to one side for clearance, it beeps like mad, but there is sufficient room (probably less than 6" though).
Not a perfect fix, not even sure it applies to Park Assist, but if it works then could alleviate some madness

1680282192037.png

Reactions: KevinT3141
View attachment 923451

The most important park assist feature in tesla is still the 2 straight white lines in the back camera.

Look how the vision interpreat that pillar on the drivers side, it is so confusing. And they have 2 cameras with that pillar in their field of view.
Did you receive the beep\chime as you got close to the pole? If so, wouldn't the beep\chime + camera view showing the pole in proximity to your car = win?

Last edited: