Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon could do an overnight in Phoenix where there should be a hotel with level 2 charging. With a full charge in the morning he could drive straight to the Holbrook Supercharger. Then do an overnight in Pagosa Springs before supercharging in Silverthorne. Not much margin, but technically possible. :tongue:

@jomo25:

Thanks! You're correct in stating six superchargers in Arizona, my bad! .... Great news!! ... as I re-read what Alexis said, in both statements she said Yuma--Holbrook>> "and the additional five stations slated to open in Arizona in coming months"

@napabill: I've read and seen the association with Carl's Jr in Quartzsite AZ..... question?.. where is the information on another AZ supercharger associated with Carl's Jr?
I've been reading my butt off and must have missed it. ..... help:confused: .... thanks!

@NuclearPowered: Cool pictures for a late night run! Looks like they are easy to spot right off the freeway exit!! by chance did the electrical crew trucks have any company name on them or info about other location soon to be?

... and just in case anyone needs a free level 2 charger (30Kwh) in Yuma AZ.... the two at City Hall are free.... a few blocks from the proposed Yuma SC site. (call ahead to make sure they are turned on[Ricky Rinehart 928-261-5881 7am to 3PM] ) I ranged charged at City Hall Yuma a few weeks back...Gilbert AZ to San Diego CA in my 85 Kwh and made it effortlessly. Gilbert AZ to Yuma. Yuma to San Diego CA. West coasted it a bit ....then back to San Diego for the night.. level 2 in SD as well. The following morning.. San Diego to Yuma. Yuma back to Gilbert AZ. Time consuming free level 2 (30Kwh) charging in Yuma.... but doable. I'm sure by the end of the year Yuma's SC will be up and operational. Gilbert-San Diego will then be very comfortable with a breakfast/lunch stop in Yuma.

@Napabill; Interesting speculation. I guess we should look for the slogan "Get a charge out of Carl's."

@Cottonwood: Nice map! Actually makes more sense than the western I-40 route, since Barstow-Seligman is not doable (279 miles). Would need an sc in Needles, and Needles-Holbrook also awkward.

I'd rather see one around Flagstaff anyway, to make trips to the Canyon easy.

Last edited:
I wonder how many people are "local" to Holbrook? But I have a place in Pinetop, which is about 60 miles away. I'll check out the Carl's Jr. when I'm up there next week - luckily, I won't have to use the SuperCharger.

While you're there, you might inquire if the Holbrook Carl's is owned by a franchise group. If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out if they also own the one in Quartzite...and locations in Buckeye, Goodyear, etc.

While you're there, you might inquire if the Holbrook Carl's is owned by a franchise group. If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to find out if they also own the one in Quartzite...and locations in Buckeye, Goodyear, etc.
I did a little web searching (I'm shy) and found out that all the 50+ Arizona Carl's Jr. restaurant are owned by a franchise group called MJKL Enterprises, LLC. They also own a bunch of other restaurants. So, I would say that if there is a deal with the AZ Carl's Jr., then there are a lot of potential locations.

I did a little web searching (I'm shy) and found out that all the 50+ Arizona Carl's Jr. restaurant are owned by a franchise group called MJKL Enterprises, LLC. They also own a bunch of other restaurants. So, I would say that if there is a deal with the AZ Carl's Jr., then there are a lot of potential locations.
I called MJKL Enterprises this morning and left a call-back number. There are Carls Jr locations in Buckeye, Goodyear, Gila Bend, Casa Grande and Eloy, all perfect locations. We'll see if they call back and are forthcoming.