Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FUD so blatant, it's actually humorous, from Jim Cramer's thestreet.com,

"it was the third SpaceX commercial resupply cargo mission to be lost in the last few months."

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13202877/1/elon-musks-latest-investment-goes-up-in-smoke.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

of course, the same Jim Cramer who described the importance of hedge fund managers making up false rubbish and getting it repeated in the media:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOS8QgAQO-k

ironically, Cramer was on this morning taking shots at Credit Suisse's bullish report this weekend, including the suggestion that the report's release was timed to offset any selloff from the SpaceX failed flight. As I understand it, the Credit Suisse report was out the day before the SpaceX launch.

Though misleading I think they were referring to the crashes on the first stage landing attempts.

I think not. The article referred to cargo missions being lost, not merely the first rocket stages during retrieval attempts. The author must have conflated two earlier ISS resupply mission failures by other rocket manufacturers with the one by SpaceX on Sunday.

Quote from article: "It was the third SpaceX commercial resupply cargo mission to be lost in the last few months."

Last edited:
I think not. The article referred to cargo missions being lost, not merely the first rocket stages during retrieval attempts. The author must have conflated two earlier ISS resupply mission failures by other rocket manufacturers with the one by SpaceX on Sunday.

Quote from article: "It was the third SpaceX commercial resupply cargo mission to be lost in the last few months."

I have never seen this before. Just adding that every single comment in the comments section destroyed them for out and out LYING! Love it! Way to go TEAM! :wink:

Wall Street Journal having a go at grossly distorting realities of SuperCharging. Comments section has other gratuitous FUD topics being piled onto the nonsense in the article.

Tesla Owners Frustrated by Recharge Waits - WSJ

If a survey had shown that Tesla Supercharger stations were sparsely used, the WSJ and its Tesla hating readers would have spread FUD about the scarcity of Model S owners, and the money being wasted by Tesla to build Superchargers.

It may be time to rerun for you the German movie parody with phony subtitles that I created for YouTube in early 2014 about Superchargers surrounding Berlin: Tesla Motors Supercharger Stations Surround Berlin (Downfall Parody) - YouTube

Wall Street Journal having a go at grossly distorting realities of SuperCharging. Comments section has other gratuitous FUD topics being piled onto the nonsense in the article.

Tesla Owners Frustrated by Recharge Waits - WSJ

Wow, this is weird. i followed a link from Google finance, and it is clearly a version that went through some language translators or some sort of auto-stealing software?

DON'T CLICK, posting for the people curious only. It is a copy of the same poor story with mistakes in facts and grammar that make it really sad.
DON'T CLICK: Tesla Motors Inc Owners Annoyed By Long Lines Of Top-off Batteries

Wow, this is weird. i followed a link from Google finance, and it is clearly a version that went through some language translators or some sort of auto-stealing software?

DON'T CLICK, posting for the people curious only. It is a copy of the same poor story with mistakes in facts and grammar that make it really sad.
DON'T CLICK: Tesla Motors Inc Owners Annoyed By Long Lines Of Top-off Batteries

Megaphone Voice, This looks like a job for Super Grendal! People from here, need to go there and post factual and correct responses to FUD! Period. It's they only way to shorten and eradicate this kind of madness, IMO. Of course you have to recognize that this is full blown SYOPS. If you don't, might deserve a second look!

Article says it is a flop because you can't put a roof rack on the falcon wing door, and an SUV w/o a roof rack is useless. Therefore, Tesla will run out of money. Pretty weak article.

So this "reporter" goes and asks about the bike issue to an "Avid biker" which they respond with:

"a commonly sold hitch attached to the tow package on the crossover. Stacking the bikes horizontally behind the car was actually a preferred way to carry premium bikes, rather than on the roof. "

The reporter then dismisses this statement entirely out of hand by saying:

"Are SUV /crossover buyers going to tolerate being forced to dramatically increase the length of the car, carry increased risk when changing lanes, and making it very difficult to park, especially parallel park?"

So if an avid biker is saying that the *preferred* method is to carry them behind the car, then you answered your own stupid question!

As for sticking stuff on top there have been a number of proposals here on the forums about this and I am sure that Tesla will not have forgotten that people like to stick things on top of their SUVs... Because Tesla hasn't said anything about it, that *must* mean that they haven't thought about it, right? Which means that if they haven't thought about it, then it will fail... Way to ask pointless questions and make terrible assumptions which you know almost nothing about.