Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anton, before you wrap your lips around that 2017 tail pipe and breath in all that amazing Tenneco clean air, I would check your sources.

Just a tip...

psst... Anton... come over here. The oil companies will say anything to get you to still burn their liquid fuel like some sort of tender having to shovel coal into a steam engine to keep it going. You look dumb when you repeat what they say. Or maybe you get paid? Please tell me you get paid. At least that would make sense.

Anton, before you wrap your lips around that 2017 tail pipe and breath in all that amazing Tenneco clean air, I would check your sources.

Just a tip...

psst... Anton... come over here. The oil companies will say anything to get you to still burn their liquid fuel like some sort of tender having to shovel coal into a steam engine to keep it going. You look dumb when you repeat what they say. Or maybe you get paid? Please tell me you get paid. At least that would make sense.

Take the tailpipe challenge:
  1. Pour a nice glass of scotch or bourbon,
  2. Get a paper and pen
  3. Get in parked car in your garage (this only works in an enclosed private garage with door closed)
  4. Start clean gas or diesal car
  5. Crank up your favorite music
  6. Write up your thoughts on how clean the air is getting in your garage
  7. Post your findings on SeekingAlpha when you are done (note: you will have attain total consciousness as you complete the challenge and my even feel a sense of euphoria or see a light in the distance as clarity increases)

You just can't really know anything about Tesla without owning one.

It is just too paradigm changing. It goes beyond a person's ability to imagine what the product is like.

Ahem....I don't own a Tesla...yet ;)

You just can't really know where things are heading if you have no understanding of the product.

Agree with that, but disagree that you need to own a product to understand it. For example I don't own any Apple products, and actually dislike their general product culture, but I do own APPL. I had a pretty good idea of the potential for Tesla before there was TSLA. Of course that came from a lot of time spent researching the technical aspects of EV's, the grid, batteries, resources, etc.

Ahem....I don't own a Tesla...yet ;)

Agree with that, but disagree that you need to own a product to understand it. For example I don't own any Apple products, and actually dislike their general product culture, but I do own APPL. I had a pretty good idea of the potential for Tesla before there was TSLA. Of course that came from a lot of time spent researching the technical aspects of EV's, the grid, batteries, resources, etc.
i have driven a Tesla 3x, once with AP and "hands real close" to steering wheel in 4 lanes, 50mph traffic in curves on Washington DC beltway, and owned a PHEV 3 years.
I seriously want a Tesla, it handles way better than the PHEV, which handles better than a sloppy mercedes (wallowing boat).

Agree with that, but disagree that you need to own a product to understand it.

I think I would have agreed with you previously before I became an owner, but my pre-ownership point of view is absolutely different than my post-ownership point of view.

But yes, if you are already there, owning TSLA, you probably already get it. And would only more so get it if you owned and drove day to day.

I was mainly pointing out those that look down upon TSLA and make try to make predictions without really knowing or understanding what is happening, and just relying what they imagine it to be, usually wrongly.

I cannot see any comments on that article.
They are there, and they are brutal :D

Please keep shorting. Remember, you can't possibly be wrong. Its all worth zero, just like you said.

Please don't ever cover your short.

Sincerely,

6 Year Long Shareholder

This article is the 'con'... Just another hater.

What a sad attempt at a hit piece...

This guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about.

Now that he has completely made a jackass of himself. Make a mental not NOT to ever follow an article from this guy.

What a joke! I am long and staying long with TSLA as I believe in this company..

etc...

Just found this interview with Montana Skeptic. It is from November 1st. Listening to it it becomes clear that he seems to think the Bolt is a Tesla killer. The interview gives the impression he is indeed an erudite person, but not very knowledgeable in the fields of automotive and energy or what is really happening in Tesla's markets.

Elon Musk Vision for Future - Can Elon Musk Dream Tesla to Profitability?

Just makes me more curious who is behind Montana Skpetic, what motivates him and why is is so sensitive about hiding his identity.
Many things simply do not add up, like a $1B+ family fund manager and experienced lawyer spending 24/7 full-time on writing about and commenting on Tesla and Musk. I simply do not believe he has nothing at stake other than a "small part of his portfolio in pricey long-dated puts". He must get compensation for his time and efforts in some way.

Early in the interview he says where he lives, but I can not fully understand the name. Somewhere North of Galatin Valley. "Hiana Hill" or so. He thinks TE is a commodity, no money to be made for Tesla, does not believe in solar roof tiles. He feels Tesla/Musk is 'moving to fast'. In it he also claims again that buying the Bolt over the model-S is 'a clear choice'.. Tja..

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly
Just found this interview with Montana Skeptic. It is from November 1st. Listening to it it becomes clear that he seems to think the Bolt is a Tesla killer.
I can't consider him honest. He's been dishonest too many times. If he can explain how a car with production of 30,000 per year displaces a car with roughly 400,000 pre-orders, I'd be eager to hear it, because even if the Bolt was more attractive than the Model 3, the Model 3 would *still* sell 10 times as much due to production limitations. He knows those numbers as well as anyone else, which means he isn't making an honest claim.

Just makes me more curious who is behind Montana Skpetic, what motivates him and why is is so sensitive about hiding his identity.
Many things simply do not add up, like a $1B+ family fund manager and experienced lawyer spending 24/7 full-time on writing about and commenting on Tesla and Musk. I simply do not believe he has nothing at stake other than a "small part of his portfolio in pricey long-dated puts". He must get compensation for his time and efforts in some way.

I can't consider him honest. He's been dishonest too many times. If he can explain how a car with production of 30,000 per year displaces a car with roughly 400,000 pre-orders, I'd be eager to hear it. He knows those numbers as well as anyone else, which means he isn't making an honest claim.

He might be erudite, but he has no class. And indeed he is dishonest. As more and more people are starting to notice (even saying at it at S.A.) he is repeatedly presenting his (biased) personal interpretations as facts.

I noticed that recently he became frustrated. He has started name-calling people who disagree with him.
Quite often even childish.

He is very serious about hiding his identity., I was surprised he did the interview. Somehow I feel some story might break with him involved. I would not be surprised if he is somehow connected to ot the Koch Brothers, or Todd Katz. IIRC there was a reference to 10 "John Doe's" in the court papers.

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE and neroden
He might be erudite, but he has no class. And indeed he is dishonest. As more and more people are starting to notice (even saying at it at S.A.) he is repeatedly presenting his (biased) personal interpretations as facts.

I noticed that recently he became frustrated. He has started name-calling people who disagree with him.
Quite often even childish.

He is very serious about hiding his identity., I was surprised he did the interview. Somehow I feel some story might break with him involved. I would not be surprised if he is somehow connected to ot the Koch Brothers, or Todd Katz. IIRC there was a reference to 10 "John Doe's" in the court papers.
as a casual comment with no derogatory bearing on Montana Skeptic in any way, his comments do read as somewhat frustrated, just an opinion though, I did notice last year, i seem to recall, perhaps incorrectly, in which case i apologise, that Logical Thought, M Spiegal's fund was down 12%. perhaps similar conclusions may be drawn since Montana Skeptic, whom purports to be a lawyer, says he manages a $1 billion fund (unnamed) and accused me in a deleted comment thread of stalking, which I vehemently denied as completely untrue, someone else as slandering him.
I pointed out that he had posted a picture of himself in one of his articles that was a reflection in a window and he had an extremely youthful, (vigorous) look for someone practicing 30 years and after a law degree and complimented him on it
I think caution is advised when discussing Montana Skeptic.

wounded animals strike out randomly at what the y perceive as tormenters as just a casual observation when I tried to help one years ago and I draw no parallels

Reactions: neroden
i have discovered a new calling
there is an article on SA
http://seekingalpha.com/article/403...telsa-november-buying-december-driving-prices
that comments about th e high short interest and is somewhat positive
The author asked folks to report problematic comments and abusive comments
I have started doing so and MS, drewster, 'themaybenaut' and a few others are up in arms, P&M'ing, complaining posts are disappearing and blaming author (personal attack btw) to the point of being livid.
There is actually starting to be a polite discussion and others have joined in reporting.
It's somewhat fun and a 2'fer or a 3'fer since MS is quite frustrated it seems. i have probably gotten 15-20 posts almost immediately removed