Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

artsci's Model S modifications

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where will you get your windows and wrapping done? I'm in Los Angeles and looking for a reputable place. Thanks!

For paint protection film, wrap & tint I used, and was very satisfied with:
Ryan Tounsley
Protective Film Solutions
3609 W MacArthur Blvd., Suites 807/808, Santa Ana, CA 92704
949-599-5964 (office)
602-327-0055 (cell)
www.protectivefilmsolutions.com
[email protected]

IMG_7981.jpg

they came to my office to do the work

Wish the nose cone was more exciting...

WwJak02.gif

Not sure on how to tackle yet, aerodynamics were probably the major design factor here but nose could look more aggressive IMHO
Might do a mash or something.
While I appreciate the effort on making the image, they both look unappealing to me.

I never liked the "grill" on a car, maybe because I've always known it's only purpose is cooling. I know for some folks they like the grill look because a big grill => big engine => powerful car! For me, a grill looks like an unfinished part of the car, a compromised view into the guts, a sacrifice in the design for mechanical necessity.

I agree the grill has no purpose and might not be the best way to go, but I wished the nose had less of a plastic look and more exciting/aggressive feel. It lacks a bit in power compared to the car and the plastic look is not great.

But than again, it might have more function, things planned we do not know of. I'd expected there would be radar or something fitted behind it for adaptive cruise controll and such...

I wished the nose had less of a plastic look...
Yea, +1 on that. The nose somehow doesn't quite give the same impression as the rest of the exterior. The rest looks solid, elegant, maybe a bit flashy with the chrome. The plastic nose doesn't look bad, but it doesn't seem to quite fit the theme. I'll be damned if I can think of a good alternative though.

Now that I've finalized my order and will today receive the MVPA, the mods I've planned finally will soon have a car to put them on. Here's my list:

Lloyd's Luxe mats all around
Parking Dynamics front and rear electromagnetic parking sensors
Passport 8500ci Plus Radar detector
Blinder HP-904 Quad Laser Defense System
3M™ Ceramic Series window tint
Soflauthor's CCI
Wolo Air Mite 3 triple tone air horn
Rial Lugano 19" wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires
LED strip trunk lighting

Installation of the Passport, Blinder, Wolo Air horn, and Parking Dynamics hardware will require removal of the front and rear bumpers, which is routine work for the shop that will do the work.

What are others planning?

Artsci - i'm planning some similar modifications - particularly the Passport 8500 ci and Blinders. Both my installer and the TSC expressed concerns about where and how to install any transmitting device (including EasyPass). There appears to be no obvious place for the 8500. What has been your experience??

Thanks.

View attachment 17447

I wrapped my nose cone w/ matt grey film. Too much black shinny plastic for me.

David, this looks great! I'm considering kind of going PorscheDealer's way though; possibly get the nose cone vinyl-wrapped with the CF look. Sort of like this (not the hood, of course):

IMG_5894.jpg

I have the front license plate on so, hopefully, it'd not be too garish. May go for the Matte CF rather than the shiny version above.

And, budget- and wife-permitting, may even get my solid black roof vinyl wrapped!

These guys are near my work place so, as soon as I get the CA HOV decals, I'm heading there to get them to apply the decals on strips of paint armor and for the nose (cone) job too ;)

Vinyl Styles - San Carlos, CA