Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ASY-HV BATTERY,90KWH,SX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a list of battery pack part numbers but part number you gave is not in the list. Probably a 2020 built one. Does it say REMAN as in remanufactured? Please keep us posted. As a fellow facelift 2017 90D owner I'm facing more degradation than expected and am curious why you're getting a change. Was it an isolation issue? Balancing issue?

I have a list of battery pack part numbers but part number you gave is not in the list. Probably a 2020 built one. Does it say REMAN as in remanufactured? Please keep us posted. As a fellow facelift 2017 90D owner I'm facing more degradation than expected and am curious why you're getting a change. Was it an isolation issue? Balancing issue?
I just asked SC to check the degradation. I am getting about 194 with an 80% charge but it might be something to do with the regenerative braking system. I will keep you updated.

I just asked SC to check the degradation. I am getting about 194 with an 80% charge but it might be something to do with the regenerative braking system. I will keep you updated.
I’ll cut to the chase for you - the degradation is normal, and even if it isn’t, your car has no warranty against battery degradation, so Tesla will tell you to have a nice day.

Reactions: Ciaopec
Here is the update;

Attachments

• 87CA0EE8-CDF7-425E-8564-988B2BAD2A46.jpeg
    87CA0EE8-CDF7-425E-8564-988B2BAD2A46.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 639
Here is the update;
Wow! They actually R&R’d the battery and replaced the coolant as part of a request to check degradation? All free/under warranty? That’s awesome service to counter all the negative experiences people report.

edit: just read your first post again; you were already slated to get a replacement battery so asked them to check for degradation as well?

Wow! They actually R&R’d the battery and replaced the coolant as part of a request to check degradation? All free/under warranty? That’s awesome service to counter all the negative experiences people report.

edit: just read your first post again; you were already slated to get a replacement battery so asked them to check for degradation as well?
Yes, removed and replaced under the warranty. I was getting MCU2 upgrade and added to service to check degradation. Battery was charging without problem but my 100% was about 225-235 miles (90D) no fault on the battery. SC removed and replace and I am getting 300 miles rated.

Yes, removed and replaced under the warranty. I was getting MCU2 upgrade and added to service to check degradation. Battery was charging without problem but my 100% was about 225-235 miles (90D) no fault on the battery. SC removed and replace and I am getting 300 miles rated.

300 miles from a 90kWh pack? That's a good bit over what they advertise isn't it?

Reactions: Rocky_H
I just got my car back from Tesla and they replaced the battery ( 2015 70D ) and they replaced it with this same battery.

My friend told me when you move to these bigger batteries your 0-60 is increased since the amperage is higher, is this correct? I was under the impression the 90Ds from the factory had different motors.

I just got my car back from Tesla and they replaced the battery ( 2015 70D ) and they replaced it with this same battery.

My friend told me when you move to these bigger batteries your 0-60 is increased since the amperage is higher, is this correct? I was under the impression the 90Ds from the factory had different motors.
They gave you a 90 battery to replace 70?