Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attempting to Repair Front Collision Salvaged Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From underneath the car :
IMG_7573.jpg
IMG_7575.jpg
IMG_7579.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7584.jpg
    IMG_7584.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 42
@albatore - is this for parts car, or you planning to try to repair it?

I would not touch that car for repair. Rear fenders are rough to get, and you need body panels near that pack, which would be easier to get from a donor car, but a lot of work.

From the pics, the pack appears intact, that's the one positive.

=======
UPDATE
=======

After further analysis, evidently the pyrofuse was in fact blown.

I installed the new purofuse along with the 225 amp fuse and now I'm getting some new errors:

IMG_4992.JPG

Moreover, when I attempt to turn on the heat, it blows air for a few seconds, and then I get the following message:

IMG_4994.JPG

Were you able to start/jump/drive the car? If the airbags did not deploy then it very well could be in driving condition. Regarding the side damage, perhaps consider showing the images to a body shop and see what they say.

=======
UPDATE
=======

After further analysis, evidently the pyrofuse was in fact blown.

I installed the new purofuse along with the 225 amp fuse and now I'm getting some new errors:

Moreover, when I attempt to turn on the heat, it blows air for a few seconds, and then I get the following message:

Glad you got the car running.

however...

how on earth did you test it one day and it was good and you tested it further and it was bad?

how on earth did you test it one day and it was good and you tested it further and it was bad?

Hehe good question. Unfortuantely, this was an error on my end. Initially, I was checking the continutity on the two pins inside the pyrofuse versus the bolt studs.

@Btr_ftw I really want to extend my sincere and utmost gratitude for your input and support; thank you so much!

Since I have to replace the hood and front bumper anyway - I'm curious whether I can use the new facelift bumper instead of the original nose cone? Would it fit? Or, does it require serious retrofitting?

Last edited:
Since I have to replace the hood and front bumper anyway - I'm curious whether I can use the new facelift bumper instead of the original nose cone? Would it fit? Or, does it require serious retrofitting?

It requires serious retrofitting. However there is a third party kit that you could use. (I'm not sure how much it would cost compared to getting original Tesla parts.)

• Helpful
Reactions: desoukya

You need a lot of parts to do the retrofit. Here is a list

1. Hood
  2. Bumper
  3. T Badge
  4. T Badge
  5. T Badge Support
  6. Front Grill Chrome
  7. Front Lower Grill
  8. Left/Right Louver
  9. Chrome Spears for the louvers
  10. Bumper Harness
  11. Front Radar Bracket

You might also need a different radiator support harness, I'm not sure if the connector will reach for the front radar.

Reactions: bkp_duke