Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attempting to Repair Front Collision Salvaged Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I unboxed the wall charger; however, it requires at least 240v input. Hopefully I can get the outlet installed in my garage within the next week or two.

In the meantime, the used hood was delivered yesterday so I installed it. I also removed the front bumper.

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5094.JPG

The driver side fender is not aligning well. But I'll look into it when it's time to install the front bumper/headlight.

Attachments

• IMG_5078.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
A used hood huh? Was it flexed AT ALL? It will never align properly with the fender, you'll have rub every time you open it. I close a screwdriver in my hood and it ruined it. They are like paper... can you tell im mad? LOL

edit: and jealous (if it does actually fit)

A used hood huh? Was it flexed AT ALL? It will never align properly with the fender, you'll have rub every time you open it. I close a screwdriver in my hood and it ruined it. They are like paper... can you tell im mad? LOL

edit: and jealous (if it does actually fit)

A screwdriver!? Oh no, I would be upset, too! I'm going to try my best to align it though; I'll keep you posted.

A screwdriver!? Oh no, I would be upset, too! I'm going to try my best to align it though; I'll keep you posted.
My thing is, after looking at maybe 100+ hoods on ebay... I could never be sure if they were flexed or bent in anyway. A little screwdrive flexed my hood and effectively ruined it... how do I think any hood on any Tesla would hold up in a collision? I'm extremely skeptical.

• Love
Reactions: Dvb51 and desoukya
Thanks for sharing the link @JRP3

But you don't seem happy with what you got.

On the contrary, I'm very pleased! Yes, the slight fender misalignment sucks, but it's probably because of the fender and not so much the hood (I presume). Also, the fact I found a hood matching the car's discontinued color is great. But do I wish the hood was in better condition? Of course! Although, not enough to justify paying a few grand for a new one.

I will most likely take the car to a bodyshop when everything is installed so they can touch-up the bodywork and paint.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Thanks for sharing the link @JRP3

On the contrary, I'm very pleased! Yes, the slight fender misalignment sucks, but it's probably because of the fender and not so much the hood (I presume). Also, the fact I found a hood matching the car's discontinued color is great. But do I wish the hood was in better condition? Of course! Although, not enough to justify paying a few grand for a new one.

I will most likely take the car to a bodyshop when everything is installed so they can touch-up the bodywork and paint.
FYI a new hood is only 1200 shipped to your door, primed and unpainted. Incase this one doesnt pan out.