Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*UPDATE* Just got my “Your model Y is on it’s way to..” text! Scheduled delivery for Sept 19 :)
VIN 42,7XX

Nice to see an Orlando delivery is scheduled! Looks like you're about 5 weeks order to scheduled delivery. Hopefully, it all goes smoothly and mine will be close behind! :)

8/15 - Ordered MY, LR AWD, Blue/black, FSD, Geminis, no tow
8/17 - Website shows Next Step "We're drafting up your contract..."
8/19 - Text received with 2-5 weeks

I waited 9 weeks for my BMW, and it felt like it flew by. Barely over 2 weeks since ordering the MY and it feels like it's been years. LOL.

• Informative
Reactions: Teefal
So much this! I'm sure I'll feel fine when I get the car but it sure as hell sucks right now watching people who ordered a month later take delivery.
I hear ya. For the most part, there seems to be some loose level of order priority (considering location, options, color, etc.) but not strictly FIFO. And then there are some outliers no one could explain why they're getting very early or late VIN assignments.

Likely, the forums and the tracker spreadsheet contribute to the anxiety. If everybody accepted their estimated delivery window at the time of order and didn't look at anything else until they received their car, they'd probably be fine. Delivery taking place outside of the original delivery estimate appears to be rare...

BTW, I don't get the taillight thing. If the taillights originally had the amber turn lights and then switched to all red, my guess is that many would simply want the all red ones... I don't care which taillight I get as long as the build quality is fine...

All this to say, let's chill a bit :)) (this is more self-talk... don't get offended)

Reactions: stlclint and CO_MY
I'm happy to say I picked up VIN 415xx in Portland today and it was perfect!!! It's got the new tail lights and door buttons. The only issue is a scuff on the hitch cover. I'm in love!!! Be patient, this car is worth the wait!
looks awesome! don't worry about the hitch cover. It'll have more wear on that plastic diffuser in just a few months. It's a car. LOL. (self-talk, continued)

Reactions: Ruffles
got a txt from the Lawrence/Princeton center. My MY is early. Will pick up this Sat. Better as it's supposed to be mostly sunny as opposed to the original date of scattered showers. Should allow for a better inspections.

I'd say they are not the same but contain some of the same elements. I'm not taking a loan, so no lending agreement which I assume has interest, payments and stuff like that.

My MVPA has a couple of cost sections. One is the charges broken down with LR, color, hitch, Tesla charges, etc. The other cost section has the total of the first and adds in stuff like sales tax, trade-in, registration fees, etc & one line for Finance Amount.

The rest is boilerplate on terms, arbitration and stuff like that. I've uploaded that second page (redacted of course) from mine.

View attachment 583019

Out of curiosity, did they tell you to pay $100 less than the price on your MVPA to account for the order fee?

got a txt from the Lawrence/Princeton center. My MY is early. Will pick up this Sat. Better as it's supposed to be mostly sunny as opposed to the original date of scattered showers. Should allow for a better inspections.

Awesome, and congrats you beat me to it. Wish you a great delivery. Keep us posted on your overall experience with the Lawrenceville center as well as your car

Ordered LR AWD - MSM - Tow Hitch - White + Black interior + No FSD on 8/15 in Seattle and just called because my delivery date has nothing in it. Looks like they are estimating the last two weeks of September for my order.

They did say there were cars I could match to with earlier VINs but I would rather wait for those amber signals!

1/21 - Ordered MY, LR RWD, Black/black, no FSD, Geminis, no tow
7/5 - changed MY, LR, AWD...
8/31 - chat online w/ Tesla and was told someone from local DS will call
9/1 - someone from Brea, CA called and he said for some reason my account was marked as "inelligible" . He just changed it now. I should be getting the delivery notice real soon. He said by the end of this month for sure.

Ordered LR AWD - MSM - Tow Hitch - White + Black interior + No FSD on 8/15 in Seattle and just called because my delivery date has nothing in it. Looks like they are estimating the last two weeks of September for my order.

They did say there were cars I could match to with earlier VINs but I would rather wait for those amber signals!

I'd be more concerned with getting a build at the very end of the quarter when history has shown they rush production and QC issues are left for the service centers. I'd take a recent build with red tail lights over end of quarter with amber any day.

I'd be more concerned with getting a build at the very end of the quarter when history has shown they rush production and QC issues are left for the service centers. I'd take a recent build with red tail lights over end of quarter with amber any day.

We ordered our Model 3 in last years rush to get the tax credit. I took delivery on Dec 19th with no real issues, just a trunk that needed to be adjusted. It seems hit or miss on QC, you get lucky or you don't. I am 100% ready to reject a car if it has issues but I personally don't want a build from earlier this year.

Got a text today that our Sep-10 is now Sep-4 (Fri). Same VIN. Build date is Aug 21st. Devon PA.

Tesla rep said lots of people are checking things over and pointing out gaps that are a measured few millimeters. They take photos and answer everything, but he suspects the Internet is bringing out everyone's OCD. He also acknowledged that a month or two back things were a mess and that now is much much better.

Will let you all know the results of my OCD session ;)

Reactions: Mooroo and stlclint
Well, I had to reject my car today.... Vin 36xxx. The front passenger door has a big indent at the bottom that I was worried about. It was so deep it chipped the rocker panel paint. Each door needed a slight adjustment, some more than others. The headlights didn't fit their hole either. It had new taillights though! Lol

Back in the queue...
That sucks? Do you have pics of it so I know what to look for when I go tomorrow? Unfortunately I have to do it at end of day 530pm, so hoping there's no major issues

That sucks? Do you have pics of it so I know what to look for when I go tomorrow? Unfortunately I have to do it at end of day 530pm, so hoping there's no major issues

Here you go! Good luck. Definitely expect to see some door alignment issues as most had *something* but that shouldn't deter you at all... They mostly looked good. received_309160963743703.jpeg received_375897930477238.jpeg received_1179623419081315.jpeg

I've had my VIN since last week, but
Got a text today that our Sep-10 is now Sep-4 (Fri). Same VIN. Build date is Aug 21st. Devon PA.

Tesla rep said lots of people are checking things over and pointing out gaps that are a measured few millimeters. They take photos and answer everything, but he suspects the Internet is bringing out everyone's OCD. He also acknowledged that a month or two back things were a mess and that now is much much better.

Will let you all know the results of my OCD session ;)

Keep us updated. I was going to pick up there but I changed it to Cherry Hill. What is your VIN and build date?