Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow reading this thread, seems tesla is really pumping out model y's.
I had a two month wait, looks like people are getting updates and deliveries under a month now.

ordered 7-18-20
Vin text on 8-24-20
sched delivery 9-13-20
LRAWD black with white interior model Y

We will see, I just submitted everything I need waiting on credit App to come back...still see no VIN
Well looks like I got the message prematurely. They let me schedule but I don't have a VIN. I called and they said I haven't been assigned a car yet so I'll have to look out for another text. I assumed as much since I did order Sunday 8/31 :) . At least I have financing and everything taken care of

Ordered 8/23 and just received a text for delivery in 2-4 weeks!

Same here in Chandler, AZ.

I have a LR AWD, blue, black interior, 19" wheels, and tow hitch on order. Reached out to my sales guy yesterday and he said we should have info soon. When I got the text today I was wondering if it was because I reached out yesterday, but based on all of the same texts in this thread it was coincidence. Guess I need to start getting financing lined up!

Ordered 8/23 (LR AWD, MSM, Inductions, Tow Hitch). Got the text today that they expect my MY to be ready for delivery 1-3 weeks from today. Text said when it's on the way to the delivery center I'll get the text to schedule my delivery appointment. For reference, I'm in South Carolina (Picking up in NC).

On another note, Carvana will be showing up in about 5 minutes to take away my beloved M3. Sad to see her go, but excited for my MY!

Oh just noticed my MVPA on my account. Vin 45XXX! FYI my text had no mention of a VIN, and my main page of my delivery order on my tesla acct still only showed the RN#. However in that list of documents typically along the right side of the page, you may see that the MVPA is now there. That is how I found my VIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jewel
Ordered 8/23 (LR AWD, MSM, Inductions, Tow Hitch). Got the text today that they expect my MY to be ready for delivery 1-3 weeks from today. Text said when it's on the way to the delivery center I'll get the text to schedule my delivery appointment. For reference, I'm in South Carolina (Picking up in NC).

Got the same 1-3 week text today, ordered 8/16. Looks like a lot of us with the factory hitch were included in these text notifications today. Will keep my fingers crossed the car looks good when delivered.

Still no VIN or MVPA.

Got my first update...
Online order 8/27/20
Text 9/2/20 1-3 weeks which puts me right for their end of quarter.
Vin #: TBD
Delivery date: TBD

I'm a bit confused as to how that's even an 'update'. The delivery estimates have been 2-4 weeks for some time now on the website at time of purchase and without having a VIN or delivery date, all that text is saying is that the delivery window is precisely what it was at time of order. Am I missing something here?

Reactions: stlclint
I ordered in July and still, no VIN assigned. So I just had a chat with the Tesla chat and I was told that the VIN has been assigned and the MY is on its way to the pickup location Once it arrives and goes through the service center, they will text me with the VIN and then I should be able to schedule for the pickup. When I asked him to provide me the VIN, he said that I have to wait for the text/email.

Has anyone got into a similar situation?

LOL. I really don't understand what it is with these CS agents spewing BS like that. If you had a VIN, they'd provide a way for you to get it by either calling your sales rep or directly in chat by verifying your identity. I wouldn't trust what the agent said at all.

Reactions: stlclint