Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long before the delivery date did y’all hear from a delivery advisor? My delivery was 4 weeks out and I am coming up on my delivery date this week now but I haven’t been reached out too yet, getting nervous since there’s no communication at all.

Looks like that’s more and more of a thing lately. I have yet to get a delivery date, but have seen a few people say they never heard anything. In fact there was just a post in this thread created earlier today asking if it’s normal.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
How long before the delivery date did y’all hear from a delivery advisor? My delivery was 4 weeks out and I am coming up on my delivery date this week now but I haven’t been reached out too yet, getting nervous since there’s no communication at all.

Do you mean you ordered 4 weeks ago and at that time they gave you an estimated delivery date 4 weeks out? If you don't have a VIN then you don't actually have a delivery date set.

Do you mean you ordered 4 weeks ago and at that time they gave you an estimated delivery date 4 weeks out? If you don't have a VIN then you don't actually have a delivery date set.

no, sorry for the confusion, I ordered in August and when I got the text to set the delivery date, the date I chose was 4 weeks out from then, which is coming up this week now. I have my vin and delivery date but no one has reached out to me so I was just wondering around what time frame the delivery advisor reaches out to us prior or do I just show up with my check on my scheduled date and time?

Reactions: Tundrok
no, sorry for the confusion, I ordered in August and when I got the text to set the delivery date, the date I chose was 4 weeks out from then, which is coming up this week now. I have my vin and delivery date but no one has reached out to me so I was just wondering around what time frame the delivery advisor reaches out to us prior or do I just show up with my check on my scheduled date and time?

Almost same question here I have a delivery date but no SA (I don't think). Do I need one?. Consensus seemed to be it should be fine, but wouldn't hurt to call. :)

I acquired some great information on this forum as a first time Tesla Buyer so here's my data to maybe help others.

Blue, LR, Black interior, no FSD, tow, 19" wheels
Order date: 8/29
VIN/MVPA Received: 9/12
VIN: 50XXX
Delivery scheduled: pending (3rd party carrier)
Delivery location: Northern Vermont

I received a text this morning! Communication has been excellent thus far.

Blue, Performance, black interior, AP, tow hitch, 21" Uberturbines
Order date: 9/6
VIN Received: 9/12
VIN: 500XX
Delivery scheduled: 9/25
Delivery Location: Devon, PA

I guess I'll start looking into replacement wheels and tires.

I love Tesla cars but they have the most annoying and stupidest customer service ever. I replied to the text messages and no replies. I emailed the sales advisor and no replies. I texted him asking to track where the car is and told him we would be away. He finally replied saying we will have to keep an eye on it to see if it gets here early enough to do the delivery early. They automatically scheduled for the day we are not here. So if it doesn't arrive early, I guess we will have to wait longer.. If so, maybe it's a blessing since the white color matching has been horrible for august/sept deliveries so far...

Sorry to say, but unless they change their policy you'll likely lose it and go back into the queue. If you look at other posts, they've been giving people 3 days from the day the car is ready and not one day more. We've seen folks able to pick up on the 4th day who had their cars reallocated.

Reactions: Tundrok
I love Tesla cars but they have the most annoying and stupidest customer service ever. I replied to the text messages and no replies. I emailed the sales advisor and no replies. I texted him asking to track where the car is and told him we would be away. He finally replied saying we will have to keep an eye on it to see if it gets here early enough to do the delivery early. They automatically scheduled for the day we are not here. So if it doesn't arrive early, I guess we will have to wait longer.. If so, maybe it's a blessing since the white color matching has been horrible for august/sept deliveries so far...

I have mixed feelings about their SA so far. It is really hard to reach them, but when you actually do, they provide a good customer service.

Ordered 8/13
8/19 got text saying expected 2-5 weeks.
9/2 got text saying still 2-4 weeks
9/13 Noticed pay off amount in Tesla account now seen as well as MVPA.

LR, Blue, no FSD. Located in Central Jersey. Set pickup for Lawrence, but MVPA says Cherry Hill? I guess they'll transport it to Lawrence. If it would make it faster I wouldn't mind driving to Cherry Hill though.

I linked account thinking it wouldn't automatically initiate a payment, but looks like it did. Not the biggest deal since I obviously already have the money in the account, but probably should have waited to verify the car wasn't super bad just in case I refuse delivery

• Funny
Ordered 8/13
8/19 got text saying expected 2-5 weeks.
9/2 got text saying still 2-4 weeks
9/13 Noticed pay off amount in Tesla account now seen as well as MVPA.

LR, Blue, no FSD. Located in Central Jersey. Set pickup for Lawrence, but MVPA says Cherry Hill? I guess they'll transport it to Lawrence. If it would make it faster I wouldn't mind driving to Cherry Hill though.

I linked account thinking it wouldn't automatically initiate a payment, but looks like it did. Not the biggest deal since I obviously already have the money in the account, but probably should have waited to verify the car wasn't super bad just in case I refuse delivery
I ordered at Lawrence and picked up there. My MVPA had Cherry HIll as well. Someone else said they all do. Was contacted several times by text by Stacy who said they did not accept checks. However the Tesla site and the MVPA indicates they do. So I brought my checkbook and when asked said check and didn't get any pushback at all. My delivery guy was "Woody" although his signature is odd:
Andrew “Woody” Frankel | Gallery Leader
132 Christiana Mall Space 1401, Newark DE 19702
p. (610) 405-9743 | m. (302) 533-3895 ext. 3 | [email protected]

the 610 area code is PA.

Reactions: Demonofelru
I ordered at Lawrence and picked up there. My MVPA had Cherry HIll as well. Someone else said they all do. Was contacted several times by text by Stacy who said they did not accept checks. However the Tesla site and the MVPA indicates they do. So I brought my checkbook and when asked said check and didn't get any pushback at all. My delivery guy was "Woody" although his signature is odd:
Andrew “Woody” Frankel | Gallery Leader
132 Christiana Mall Space 1401, Newark DE 19702
p. (610) 405-9743 | m. (302) 533-3895 ext. 3 | [email protected]

the 610 area code is PA.

Thanks spokey!

Just got a text to schedule for delivery! I am in the Indianapolis area. Ordered LR AWD Blue/White on August 14. Still no VIN yet.
Very excited!

Weird, mine is the exact opposite. No delivery date, but have a VIN. I still don’t know if I got the MVPA in time for financing. They originally said it was valid for 30 days. They said something about it may be able to go to 45 with COVID, but today is 30 days. I uploaded MVPA and have yet to hear back since it’s Sunday so I guess I’ll see.

Last edited:
  • Funny
I just got a VIN from my Advisor. However . . .

It doesn't seem to match anything of that I have seen from others on this forum. It is a 17-digit alpha numeric number, but nothing with a high 40's/low 50s to start. Maybe I'm not accessing what everyone else is? I am logging into my account, going into completed tasks, go to the bottom and select order agreement, which brings up my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement, which I assume is the 'MVPA' everyone is referencing?

Nothing shows in this document other than my order number and the specs.

Am I missing something?

I just got a VIN from my Advisor. However . . .

It doesn't seem to match anything of that I have seen from others on this forum. It is a 17-digit alpha numeric number, but nothing with a high 40's/low 50s to start. Maybe I'm not accessing what everyone else is? I am logging into my account, going into completed tasks, go to the bottom and select order agreement, which brings up my Motor Vehicle Order Agreement, which I assume is the 'MVPA' everyone is referencing?

Nothing shows in this document other than my order number and the specs.

Am I missing something?
Last 5 numbers of the VIN