Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Springfield is much closer to me than Paramus, that's the only reason. I'm coming from a lifted Jeep Wrangler to this so its going to be a big change, but I am not worried too much about the fit and finish issues. Obviously if something is glaringly wrong I'll have to reject but I don't plan on doing that. Good luck on the wait and Congrats as well.

Let me know how it goes with your delivery and I really hope your car is as close to perfect as it can be. I can’t wait to get mine.

Ordered: 9/1
VIN: 9/15 501XX
Delivery Date: 9/24 ish
Spec: Blue LR AWD 19' Gemini, Black, Tow hitch, FSD

I still don't have anything showing up in the portal, but I reached out to my SA via email and he provided the above detail.

I ordered the same exact build on 8/11 with VIN: 9/9 45XXX for Springfield.
I am still waiting to hear about a delivery date. I called my SA yesterday and he noted "it's in transit".
I am also waiting for the delivery update. Ppz Update, if you hear anything. I wilp do the same. I am seeing most of the NJ folks are scheduled to be picked up on 25, 26. Fingers cross.

Just called Springfield - they told me it's on the way for this weekend. No delivery text yet but said to expect later today. Does anyone know if Telsa will include the NJ EV $5K credit at time of purchase or will I have to apply separately?

Ordered: 8/22
VIN: 458XX
Delivery Date: TBD, likely this weekend
Spec: MSM LR AWD 20' wheels, Black, No hitch, No FSD

Thanks!

atch tool that predicts future build date and delivery date. There is no guarantee, but you are looking like September 25th for an approximate delivery day.

came off from a call with SA asking update on my order 8/23, and what's up with ppl in Jersey getting all the MYs leaving us dry in Cali ? lol she said first 2 weeks of the month they ship CAR east coast and then do the local in Cali , true or false , idk

Ordered: 8/28
VIN: ????
Delivery Date: 9/25 ish
Spec: White LR AWD 20' Induction, Black, No Tow

@gnoeou Hoping I have a 50XXXX VIN as well since we got the same info same day. I just haven't had a time to message SA. My SA is Stephen

So basically starting tomorrow.....

Just got off the phone with the Rocklin location for update they said no VIN yet but should be getting my delivery in the next week or 2 ‍♂️ Order was on 8/6... They also told me I wont be getting the standard txt messages anymore just updates to when the car would be leaving the factory and expect my VIN within 2 days of getting that txt. Glad I got an update but was really wishing it would come sooner than 2 more weeks.

came off from a call with SA asking update on my order 8/23, and what's up with ppl in Jersey getting all the MYs leaving us dry in Cali ? lol she said first 2 weeks of the month they ship CAR east coast and then do the local in Cali , true or false , idk

This is something Elon has said himself (first 6 weeks of quarter are overseas, next 3 weeks are east coast, and last 3 weeks are west coast) and seems to hold true if you look at recent notifications for delivery. Almost all recent delivery activity has been in the northeast and southeast. I believe that others that are getting matched now on the west coast are getting inventory cars, rejected cars, or were in the first batch of builds for the west coast.

It takes time to get vehicles shipped over there. If they want them delivered in time for Q3, then they need to ship them now. They can get orders to us in Cali (and me in AZ) in a day or two. I expect to get my VIN end of this week or next to get delivered in time for end of Q3.

Reactions: Casablanca
Just called Springfield - they told me it's on the way for this weekend. No delivery text yet but said to expect later today. Does anyone know if Telsa will include the NJ EV $5K credit at time of purchase or will I have to apply separately?

Ordered: 8/22
VIN: 458XX
Delivery Date: TBD, likely this weekend
Spec: MSM LR AWD 20' wheels, Black, No hitch, No FSD

Thanks!
No! The long term goal is to include the 5K rebate of the sticker price (provide the rebate at the point of sale). But as of now, when you take your delivery, submit a form online and they will process it.
When are you picking up from Springfield? I will be there on 26th to pick up mine.

Similar experience here! While I originally ordered back on Aug 14, I changed the interior color on Sep 7 thinking that I probably won’t see the car this quarter at all. But the delivery text came on Sep 13 (a Sunday!) and I’m picking it up on Sep 25.
Cool. I guess location, options have something to do with it based on the West Coast/East Coast schedule but some it is just luck of the draw.