Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original order 6/30 - Stealth Perf, Blue, Black, Inductions.
All paperwork and loan info submitted by July 3rd.
Radio silence until Aug 6th, received 3-5 weeks text.
Crickets again until Sep 11th when Tesla contacted to tell me they were not matching VIN's to Stealth orders at present.
Changed to LR (didn't want 21" summer only tires in Utah mountains) on Sep 11th.
Make delivery appointment text on Sep 22nd.
Expected delivery on Sep 28th but SA called and said it was there come and get it.
Inspected and accepted on Sep 25th.

VIN 547xx
Panel fit, alignment & gaps - very good - rear doors are off just a hair but not enough to mess with.
Door bottoms and rocker panels line up well.
Rear seats are a little off and we may have this addressed when Homelink is installed.
Charging port sits flush, tail light gaps are even, hatch & hood gaps are even.
A few adhesive marks on hood and fender cleaned right off.
A couple dark smudges on headliner and trim cleaned off.

Overall, pretty darn happy but a little disappointed that Tesla didn't follow through with original order.

Reactions: Picasso
I’m picking up on Sunday at Mt. kisco too, but my agreement never upload to my email or account, only VIN .
i’m wondering should i go as delivery time on Sunday.
Tuesday my SA confirmed everything and vehicle is still on track for current appointment scheduled.
when should i receive my lease agreement?

Gta1700,
Care to share your SA's name and number? I'm still searching for some human contact at Mt. Kisco.

I wonder if Wolfsonite's "Kevin" is the same person who took us for a test drive of a Model 3 back in October last year. That drive gave my wife a taste of the Tesla and dispelled her concerns. Very nice guy. I'd be impressed that he still is working there.

ALERT! Raleigh, NC

Do NOT take delivery on vin 48242, we rejected this. Blue/black interior with hitch, 19's.

Trunk did not open, clearly had not been inspected by tesla. When button was pressed it hit the tail lights and jammed.
It was completely misaligned, we waited 2 hours -- they drilled out the hinges and replaced the pins with bolts. Tried to assure us there would be no issue what so ever. I had absolutely zero interest in taking this vehicle after delivery manager showed me what they had to do to fix it.

Just got back from attempted delivery at Tyson's Corner. Not a mile from the center, I got a call from a SA. On setting up the vehicle for delivery, they noticed it had sustained damage in transit and they could not sell it to me. They said the damage was extensive enough that they could not sell me that Y, and were removing the VIN from my account. They're attempting to find an unallocated Y with my specs, but had no idea on any sort of timetable. Drat. Really needing to rethink if I'm going to look at something else at this point. We're needing a car sometime soon, and may not want to hold out for an indefinite period. Time to reconsider our options . . . what a bummer.

ALERT! Raleigh, NC

Do NOT take delivery on vin 48242, we rejected this. Blue/black interior with hitch, 19's.

Trunk did not open, clearly had not been inspected by tesla. When button was pressed it hit the tail lights and jammed.
It was completely misaligned, we waited 2 hours -- they drilled out the hinges and replaced the pins with bolts. Tried to assure us there would be no issue what so ever. I had absolutely zero interest in taking this vehicle after delivery manager showed me what they had to do to fix it.
Raleigh, NC-based. Much appreciated. I’m really sorry to hear about your experience and hope they can match you again soon.

Photos for rejected vin 48242. As stated above hatch was so out of alignment it would not even open. Was hitting tail light.

they repaired it while we waited by drilling the hinge and placing a new bolt where there was a factory pin. Rejected it and we bought a White on white Y with 20 inch wheels. Not the car we wanted but couldn’t wait 6-10 weeks. They didn’t give us anything for the trouble. Not even supercharging miles.

Attachments

• 31205B72-696D-4CC1-BDCB-5D2E3DFF4549.jpeg
    31205B72-696D-4CC1-BDCB-5D2E3DFF4549.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2B9F02F1-A492-4EF7-AB42-E0EFBD4710CE.jpeg
    2B9F02F1-A492-4EF7-AB42-E0EFBD4710CE.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 49
  • FC457A43-B27F-4055-98A6-2EF3CD167504.jpeg
    FC457A43-B27F-4055-98A6-2EF3CD167504.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 04EA213A-603D-4AEC-96A6-ED7506046506.jpeg
    04EA213A-603D-4AEC-96A6-ED7506046506.jpeg
    565 KB · Views: 61
  • 89DABEF5-F581-429E-A829-0D0FAF47B60D.jpeg
    89DABEF5-F581-429E-A829-0D0FAF47B60D.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 49
An update on my experience.

I actually got an email this afternoon from someone at Mt. Kisco, telling me to prepare for my delivery appt tomorrow (at the wrong time)!

I detailed my issues and they were addressed! (at least most of them).

So now the only outstanding problem is this 3K reduction in price. After increasing the FSD to 8K, the net result is a decrease of $10. Is this what the reduction really amounts to?

I'm not expecting to accept the car tomorrow. After the anxiety producing process of non communication from Tesla, I do not intend to allow them to foist an imperfect car on me and promise to fix it later. I believe the expression is "reap what you sow" Tesla.

An update on my experience.

I actually got an email this afternoon from someone at Mt. Kisco, telling me to prepare for my delivery appt tomorrow (at the wrong time)!

I detailed my issues and they were addressed! (at least most of them).

So now the only outstanding problem is this 3K reduction in price. After increasing the FSD to 8K, the net result is a decrease of $10. Is this what the reduction really amounts to?

I'm not expecting to accept the car tomorrow. After the anxiety producing process of non communication from Tesla, I do not intend to allow them to foist an imperfect car on me and promise to fix it later. I believe the expression is "reap what you sow" Tesla.

DO NOT accept “no problem... you can make a service appointment and they’ll fix these things” unless it’s minor like window molding adjustments, slight door misalignments, headliner fingerprints, etc. Also, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Reactions: sjmcman
I got VIN assigned yesterday. No delivery date yet. Ordered 9/6 which was supposed to be the cutoff date. Can I still expect delivery this month? Scheduled Carvana to pick up my SUV as they’re offering $2500 more than Tesla

I got VIN assigned yesterday. No delivery date yet. Ordered 9/6 which was supposed to be the cutoff date. Can I still expect delivery this month? Scheduled Carvana to pick up my SUV as they’re offering $2500 more than Tesla
It most likely depends on your location. If you’re on the West Coast, there’s a decent chance.

I’m East Coast/NC, ordered August 30th, and was also promised end of Q3 delivery. I called Tesla today since there’s still no VIN on my account. The SA was honest and admitted that it is not likely my car will be delivered in time. (Though apparently transport from Fremont->Raleigh can happen in as little as 4 days.) He cited my car’s configuration, and I think he’s right. A lot fewer people order MY in red with a tow hitch.

Photos for rejected vin 48242. As stated above hatch was so out of alignment it would not even open. Was hitting tail light.

they repaired it while we waited by drilling the hinge and placing a new bolt where there was a factory pin. Rejected it and we bought a White on white Y with 20 inch wheels. Not the car we wanted but couldn’t wait 6-10 weeks. They didn’t give us anything for the trouble. Not even supercharging miles.

How did this car get off the factory floor in this condition? Really not great Tesla.

8/27 place order payment as cash.
8/28 Received text “Welcome to Tesla”.
9/2 Received text “2-4 week expect”.
9/9 Called SA switch cash payment to lease.
9/10 Lease approved.
9/15 VIN assigned and scheduled 9/27 delivery.
9/16 Insurance uploaded.
9/22 Got phone call from SA confirmed my all information.
9/24 Received Text “Get ready to meet your Model Y”
9/26 Lease agreement uploaded to my account.
Tomorrow is my big day for picking up MY.

LR White in black interior ,19 , no FSD , no tow.
VIN 481XX build 9/13

Does not filling out insurance info prevent you from getting delivery scheduled? I’d like to know when I expect the car prior to finalizing the policy. I do have a VIN assigned but no delivery date

This is what my SA send me by email
“Yes, send over that information to your insurance agent as they typically ask for this to provide the correct vehicle coverage. Then you can upload a digital temporary insurance card to your MyTesla account. Please make it effective on or before9/27/2020 and upload at least 24-48 hrs prior to your appointment to avoid delays during Delivery Day”

It most likely depends on your location. If you’re on the West Coast, there’s a decent chance.

I’m East Coast/NC, ordered August 30th, and was also promised end of Q3 delivery. I called Tesla today since there’s still no VIN on my account. The SA was honest and admitted that it is not likely my car will be delivered in time. (Though apparently transport from Fremont->Raleigh can happen in as little as 4 days.) He cited my car’s configuration, and I think he’s right. A lot fewer people order MY in red with a tow hitch.

your car is spec’d like mine exactly almost except I didn’t go with the tow hitch. I’m in NJ and dying to get mine and not have any substantial issues with panel gaps and all the rest. The Red with black interior is awesome looking.

Just got notified of my 4th delay 9/22==>9/24==>09/25==>9/27==>09/28. Local SC can tell me virtually nothing...basically the car is sitting in Alabama awaiting a delivery truck. It's really unfortunate as I've sold my car and literally have to uber / negotiate rides everywhere. So frustrating.

Finally my car is enroute from Alabama. SA told me that it left overnight Friday/Saturday and should arrive by Monday AM. Scheduled for 4pm pickup on Monday. Here's hoping it's in good shape and no major fitment issues (VIN 444xx)

Wow, this just sucks. Thanks for sharing. I have delivery scheduled on the same configuration this week... Hoping for a very different outcome.