Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Austin Build 2023 Quality Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally managed to get a shot on the rear motor. So we have the 3D1 980 motor, not as lucky as the folks getting the new 4D1 motor, but I guess luckier than the 3D5 990 motor.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 181
question: How many vehicles does Austin produce in a day?
I was assigned a VIN on Thursday PA0626XX I Read this morning one of the members got assigned a VIN PA077XXX my math tells me thats around 14,314 difference in sequence My vehicle comes with 15 miles on the odometer. This concerns me that my assigned Model Y was possibly a reject unless Austin really does produce this many vehicles within two or so days.
My delivery appointment is today at 12 noon. Any and all input would be appreciated.
update!! I just returned from my delivery appointment. I had to reject my VIN today. I felt everyone at Tesla was lying to me. Via the App from the 510 telephone number I was told the born date was 2-3-23. While at the Delivery today my SA told me the born date was 1-30-23. VIN was assigned to me 2-16-23 @3 pm. The paint was terrible swirls on the clear coat unexceptable. deep Scratches into the paint itself on the tail gate left of the license plate. excess paint drip on the quarter panel above the headlights. The door jams had excessive gaps they claim were "within tolerance" When I asked what Tolerance was he refused to tell me claiming it was Tesla Policy not to reveal the tolerance measurement. Gaps where on both front passenger and driver doors. I was concern about possible cabin noise due to the large caps. So I asked to be able to test drive to listen for cabin noise. They refused. So I asked if I drive my car home and I find the gaps are causing unexceptable cabin noise and he told me " Be advised Mr Davila that cabin noise is not covered under warranty" I asked the tech to allow me to use his tool he was measuring the gap with so I could see the and measure the gap myself and he refused to lend it to me stating Tesla Policy not to allow a customer to use the tool. I refused delivery. After I refused they told me I would be placed back in the queve and would get my next vin in June if not later. I am an owner of three other Tesla and have purchased at least 5 tesla's since 2016 and never have I been treated like this with such distain.

unfortunately I left with the impression that TESLA does not care about customer service. They will not allow you to test drive your purchase They refuse to allow you to open the doors to inspect the interior. They expect you to take their word that they will take care of anything you claim is of a quality control issue. But what you dont realize is they are the ones determining what is poor quality and will refuse to tell you what guidance they even use to determine "Within Tolerance" your even if they plan to correct it. Take it home and we will decide what is exceptable. They make and enforce the rules without telling you how they reached that conclusion. I cant believe a car company in the 21 century is allowed to conduct business this way.

update!! I just returned from my delivery appointment. I had to reject my VIN today. I felt everyone at Tesla was lying to me. Via the App from the 510 telephone number I was told the born date was 2-3-23. While at the Delivery today my SA told me the born date was 1-30-23. VIN was assigned to me 2-16-23 @3 pm. The paint was terrible swirls on the clear coat unexceptable. deep Scratches into the paint itself on the tail gate left of the license plate. excess paint drip on the quarter panel above the headlights. The door jams had excessive gaps they claim were "within tolerance" When I asked what Tolerance was he refused to tell me claiming it was Tesla Policy not to reveal the tolerance measurement. Gaps where on both front passenger and driver doors. I was concern about possible cabin noise due to the large caps. So I asked to be able to test drive to listen for cabin noise. They refused. So I asked if I drive my car home and I find the gaps are causing unexceptable cabin noise and he told me " Be advised Mr Davila that cabin noise is not covered under warranty" I asked the tech to allow me to use his tool he was measuring the gap with so I could see the and measure the gap myself and he refused to lend it to me stating Tesla Policy not to allow a customer to use the tool. I refused delivery. After I refused they told me I would be placed back in the queve and would get my next vin in June if not later. I am an owner of three other Tesla and have purchased at least 5 tesla's since 2016 and never have I been treated like this with such distain.
Sorry to hear your experience and kudos on holding on your ground. For people like myself who is first time Tesla buyer, it calls some courage to decline a VIN. Glad to read an experienced veteran's story.

I'm glad they fixed the loose bolts but having multiple bolts under the car is a major QC fail...View attachment 909707
I took delivery of my car on 2/19. I have a similar issue. When I fold down the rear seats (the 2/3 portion), I can hear something rattling. Sounds like a bolt or two. Already submitted a service request to get it addressed but the earliest date I could get at a nearby service center was 3/6.

For those of you in SoCal who only get the option to have the car delivered to you, fight it as best you can and opt to pick up the car for delivery.

I took delivery of my car on 2/19. I have a similar issue. When I fold down the rear seats (the 2/3 portion), I can hear something rattling. Sounds like a bolt or two. Already submitted a service request to get it addressed but the earliest date I could get at a nearby service center was 3/6.

For those of you in SoCal who only get the option to have the car delivered to you, fight it as best you can and opt to pick up the car for delivery.
Unfortunately you can't reject the car once your open the doors. So you don't really get to find out until it's already yours.

Unfortunately you can't reject the car once your open the doors. So you don't really get to find out until it's already yours.
I think this depends on the service center. I picked mine up in Irvine, CA and was allowed to check out the interior before finalizing the transaction. This was on a pretty busy Saturday morning too.

I think if you approach the workers with respect rather than an air of entitlement, they are more willing to work with you. YMMV

let us (ME) know how it went...

Im sitting here feenin for my PA07 updates rn.
There was one panel gap on the drivers side door that I took issue with. One of the fenders was missing a clip - that was installed at delivery. Beyond that, there is a minor issue with the headliner peeling away, and it didn't look like they washed the car very well.

That said, I'm leasing it, and I'm not overly picky about things like that compared to some folks (not that they're not entitled to be). At the end of the day, for me, it's just a car, albeit a fun one, and there are going to be imperfections, just like there is with any car.

Reactions: BailMY
Just wanted to share my experience with others. I hope this information helps. It's going to be two separate posts since there's a maximum of ten (10) images per post.

I took delivery of my MYLR (Blue / Black / 19" / PA066*) on Sunday, February 19 in Los Angeles, CA. The only delivery option I got was to have the vehicle delivered to my address. Based on all the small fit and finish issues identified, I highly recommend others to take delivery at a service center because you'll most likely be able to get minor issues resolved there as well as be able to inspect the interior without having to accept delivery first (but YMMV). Also, my odometer already had 23 miles on it even though the purchase agreement and documents requiring signatures stated 15 miles. So I started more than 1/5 of the way for the "100-mile guarantee/warranty". Before I get into the issues I identified, several details to note:

No matrix headlights
No magnetic latch center console
No mud flaps
No PPF

First impression? Tesla does not do a good with cleaning/detailing the vehicle. There was dirt in every exterior crevice and the interior was very dusty.
IMG_1024.jpg

Found a rear bumper trim gap/misalignment within the first five seconds
IMG_1023.jpg

Center console was filthy. Surface scratches galore too. The J1772 adapter was sitting in the cup holder.
IMG_1025.jpg

Took the car to the garage because it was getting uncomfortable in direct sunlight. Found some scratches on the hood's clear coat and this was just generally throughout the car here and there. Not worried about this as a paint correction will mitigate all the superficial scratches.
IMG_1029 (cropped).jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Another example of dirt being in the crevices. Again, this was prevalent throughout the vehicle.
IMG_1032.jpg

Driver side headlight is not flush and slightly protrudes out along the bottom. Really hope Tesla doesn't tell me that's "within spec" because the other headlight is flush.
IMG_1034.jpg

Scratches along the plastic underside of the front bumper on the passenger side
IMG_1036.jpg

Oil/grease stain on the rear seat that I was unable to get out with a mild cleaner that's safe for fake leather. Also, when the rear seat (2/3 portion) is folded down, there's a rattling noise that sounds like something is loose in the seat. I consider that a moderate issue because it makes me wonder about the rest of the car...
IMG_1038.jpg

Another stain on the other rear seat that I was able to get out
IMG_1042.jpg

Continue to the next post...

Driver door interior trim has scratches that can most likely be buffed out
IMG_1043.jpg

Tiny paint chip along the driver's door
IMG_1044.jpg

Misaligned rubber trim along the rear window (passenger side)
IMG_1047.jpg

The trunk's gap along the driver's side is slightly wider than the gap along the passenger's side. But I'm sure Tesla will tell me it's "within spec".
Took the car out for a spin both locally and on the freeway. No issues with the ride and no discernible cabin/vehicle noises that were out of the ordinary. It's going to rain this week in SoCal so that'll be another good test. All in all, the car is fine and my hope is that Tesla will resolve all, if not most, of the minor-to-moderate issues identified. The earliest appointment I was able to book at a nearby service center is March 6 (sigh). I'm going to get the windows tinted before then. Hopefully that doesn't disqualify me from the "100-mile guarantee". After that, I plan to get it detailed, have a paint correction done, then apply a ceramic coating. Sorry for the long, multiple post!

Driver door interior trim has scratches that can most likely be buffed out
View attachment 910262

Tiny paint chip along the driver's door
View attachment 910263

Misaligned rubber trim along the rear window (passenger side)
View attachment 910264

The trunk's gap along the driver's side is slightly wider than the gap along the passenger's side. But I'm sure Tesla will tell me it's "within spec".
Took the car out for a spin both locally and on the freeway. No issues with the ride and no discernible cabin/vehicle noises that were out of the ordinary. It's going to rain this week in SoCal so that'll be another good test. All in all, the car is fine and my hope is that Tesla will resolve all, if not most, of the minor-to-moderate issues identified. The earliest appointment I was able to book at a nearby service center is March 6 (sigh). I'm going to get the windows tinted before then. Hopefully that doesn't disqualify me from the "100-mile guarantee". After that, I plan to get it detailed, have a paint correction done, then apply a ceramic coating. Sorry for the long, multiple post!
Wow...that car looks like someone took sandpaper to every surface in it? I think this type of thing is happening at the individual service centers when they remove the protective films and "prep" the car. I don't think this happens at the factory.

I'd be okay with the external pain marring as I'd do paint correction anyways but with all the other stuff going on I don't know if I would have accepted that car. Hopefully it all works out and Tesla fixes it.

The 100 mile thing will still apply as it is only once you book the appointment and enter the issues into the app. Doesn't matter if you have driven it more before they schedule you in.

Was this an Austin VIN?

Wow...that car looks like someone took sandpaper to every surface in it? I think this type of thing is happening at the individual service centers when they remove the protective films and "prep" the car. I don't think this happens at the factory.

I'd be okay with the external pain marring as I'd do paint correction anyways but with all the other stuff going on I don't know if I would have accepted that car. Hopefully it all works out and Tesla fixes it.

The 100 mile thing will still apply as it is only once you book the appointment and enter the issues into the app. Doesn't matter if you have driven it more before they schedule you in.

Was this an Austin VIN?
Haha, seriously. All the interior scratches were a surprise and I agree it must have happened when they prepped the car. I'm going to inquire about it at my appointment. This was an Austin VIN. Part of the PA066* batch. Order date was 1/14.

Yeah, I wouldn't blame anyone for not taking delivery of the car. Unfortunately, it almost felt like I didn't have a choice because they just left it on the side of the road down the street from me. Whoever dropped it off was already long gone. I wasn't able to access the interior until I confirmed delivery of the car. Again, I recommend everyone to take delivery at the service center.

For those in SoCal wondering, the car was definitely delivered from the Burbank service center. When I first texted them that I couldn't find the car, I didn't get a response. When I texted them again that I ended up locating it, I still didn't get a response. Essentially once you confirm with them that you'll pay the remaining balance upon delivery, they move on from you.

Reactions: arbitrage000