Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Ordered mine a few weeks back, Tesla Rep mentioned I got in just before cut off, but no details on ETA other than 8-12 weeks. I also offered to get the MSM if one became available, but I don't suspect that will occur.

Model 3 Performance
Ext: White
Int: Black
OD: 30/11
VIN: nil
EDD: nil

Took the wife and kids for a test drive last week @ Chatswood, and now everyday I get asked by the kids when are we getting the car. So probably not my best idea, as it's not just me wondering now...

Good luck to all those who ordered before end of year. Fingers crossed for Ryzen goodness ! That would be a nice gift given the wait times are all over the place.

Just checked app today, and EDD updated to 14-20 weeks...

• Disagree
Reactions: sdca
Ooh *sugar*. If that happened to your 30/11 order there probably isn't much hope for my 15/12 order :(

Unless RWD/LR/P have different allocations...
My fingers are crossed for everyone. Maybe with a huge influx of RWD and LR for our region, they are delaying the builds of P models, due to the cash back offer in NSW. I suspect they likely build the same models in a batch run, to keep tooling and parts consistent. And not enough P models, so put them in the back of the queue... all suspicion though.

2022-01-01_13-28-16.png

See the EDD here... I am also on the corp discount program (delivery fee waived). But I believe as we ordered on time, the discount should be honoured.

My fingers are crossed for everyone. Maybe with a huge influx of RWD and LR for our region, they are delaying the builds of P models, due to the cash back offer in NSW. I suspect they likely build the same models in a batch run, to keep tooling and parts consistent. And not enough P models, so put them in the back of the queue... all suspicion though.
I hope this isn't the case, we're getting 3 of them which were ordered during the 8-12 window. Would sting a little if they delay perf models.

That said, watching one of the people in Europe who tracks all the deliveries, a ship named MORNING CLARA appears to be used for Tesla dropping stuff to AU, and it's just got to China...

Keep an eye on that thread, he's worked out how to pretty reliably track this it seems.

Reactions: ruste
Could you go to tesla.com, login, go into the car so you see it's image at the top, right click -> view page source and search for:

isNotMatchedToRa00Vin

Does it say True or False beside this?
In my case it is 'true'. No strings starting with '5YJ' or 'EncodedVIN' in the source code. No EDD. Only "We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account". Order placed 13 November making it 7 weeks today. It was 8-12 weeks' wait when ordered.

I wonder what will happen when the ship MORNING CLARA departs China, I'm trying to piece together bits of broken up information from a bunch of places I've found over the last year, some have said that a vin will appear (false, as in matched to a vin) when the car is loaded/just after loading/ship has departed...

Guess we'll have to tell, the ship is supposed to arrive in Shanghai tomorrow (2nd), some posts seem to indicate that ship loading can happen in 24-48hrs and it departs again.

Might be worth checking this again later in the week :)

Reactions: ruste