Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo! I just got a call from my SA, there was a cancellation and I'm getting a car on the 29th. I could've had it this week (23-24th) but with family Christmas stuff that was going to be too complicated so I sacrificed a few days.

(Order date was 8/11 - M3 LR, MSM/Black interior)

EDIT: I have a delivery date and hidden VIN in my account page now.. it's really happening! Feels so weird to go from a generic blank page with no estimate to that in the span of an hour.
Today is the day, Marcin! Let us know how you go, and more importantly, how’s the car! 😁😁

Reactions: sdca
Today is the day, Marcin! Let us know how you go, and more importantly, how’s the car! 😁😁
In my parents car on my way now!

They called this morning that it’s ready anytime. Rego appeared in Service NSW already. Still about 45 min away. Can see the car in the Tesla app now though, they have it plugged in to a 15A charger. Only at 55%, would get me to my parents and then home with 12% - but I need groceries so will stop at Macquarie for a nice boost.

I’m sure I’ll post more later.

In my parents car on my way now!

They called this morning that it’s ready anytime. Rego appeared in Service NSW already. Still about 45 min away. Can see the car in the Tesla app now though, they have it plugged in to a 15A charger. Only at 55%, would get me to my parents and then home with 12% - but I need groceries so will stop at Macquarie for a nice boost.

I’m sure I’ll post more later.
I'm very excited for you to get your car because it is very similar is spec to mine.
Maybe I'm just living vicariously through you until mine arrives in a couple of months.

Hi All,

Ordered mine a few weeks back, Tesla Rep mentioned I got in just before cut off, but no details on ETA other than 8-12 weeks. I also offered to get the MSM if one became available, but I don't suspect that will occur.

Model 3 Performance
Ext: White
Int: Black
OD: 30/11
VIN: nil
EDD: nil

Took the wife and kids for a test drive last week @ Chatswood, and now everyday I get asked by the kids when are we getting the car. So probably not my best idea, as it's not just me wondering now...

Good luck to all those who ordered before end of year. Fingers crossed for Ryzen goodness ! That would be a nice gift given the wait times are all over the place.
AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

Check out this post from today... looks like there are 3s and Ys rolling out with Ryzen installed in the US...

Not sure where this puts us with Shanghai deliveries in Q1 2022 (Feb/Mar, current '8-12 week' reservations)... but I have to say its hard not to start to get my hopes up???

Reactions: cafz
AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

Check out this post from today... looks like there are 3s and Ys rolling out with Ryzen installed in the US...

Not sure where this puts us with Shanghai deliveries in Q1 2022 (Feb/Mar, current '8-12 week' reservations)... but I have to say its hard not to start to get my hopes up???

My wait time blew out to 14-20 weeks after I changed the colour so I'm hoping my later delivery will have these features. MIC M3P is already shipping with these features from reports.

I contacted the Sales Adviser in late Nov and was told;

- January VIN assignment
- hopefully February delivery

Then first week in Dec was told;

- early next year VIN assignment

So I am not hopeful. I have waited for custom order Audis before, and that was a 6 month plus wait so it is what it is. It’s not as if I would change to any other car anyway 😂

Fingers crossed they over deliver. It would be a very positive customer experience them hitting the 8-12 week estimate I was originally provided. So that is key[card]s in hand Jan 11 to Feb 8.

I wrote up my first impressions over on Whirlpool, so rather than cross-posting here you can read them there. TL;DR: so much fun to drive, auto-steer made all my freeway driving easy. Wasn't expecting I'd have trouble connecting to wifi from my driveway.

You neglected to include any photos in your WP post! Good read however, and again, congrats! I’m not jealous, you’re jealous! 😁

My wait time blew out to 14-20 weeks after I changed the colour so I'm hoping my later delivery will have these features. MIC M3P is already shipping with these features from reports.
If they are churning out a car every 40 seconds in china, that would give us some hope that they will run out of arm chip hardware sooner rather than later - and then switch to the amd…hopefully

You neglected to include any photos in your WP post! Good read however, and again, congrats! I’m not jealous, you’re jealous! 😁
I don't think people really do photos over there. This was the one I posted to my socials.. Login • Instagram

Oh yeah, one other interesting thing.. the delivery centre at Alexandria was a ghost town. Two staff I think, and only 4 cars (plus mine) still waiting to be delivered.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I don't think people really do photos over there. This was the one I posted to my socials.. Login • Instagram

Oh yeah, one other interesting thing.. the delivery centre at Alexandria was a ghost town. Two staff I think, and only 4 cars (plus mine) still waiting to be delivered.
That paint looks amazing 🤤

The ghost town was probably due to the in-between period of end of year production and 2022 kicking off!

I think being at the top end of NSW that mine may get delivered to my door - not sure if that’s preferable or not.

Reactions: MarcinS
That paint looks amazing 🤤

The ghost town was probably due to the in-between period of end of year production and 2022 kicking off!

I think being at the top end of NSW that mine may get delivered to my door - not sure if that’s preferable or not.
Yeah, definitely just the last dregs of Q4 orders.

Anything over 250km from the delivery centre should be eligible for a home delivery. Given how low touch the delivery process is I don’t think there’s much disadvantage?

Yeah, definitely just the last dregs of Q4 orders.

Anything over 250km from the delivery centre should be eligible for a home delivery. Given how low touch the delivery process is I don’t think there’s much disadvantage?
Depends on the NSW/QLD border situation over the next few weeks. If it’s a case of 250km I guess I’ll be making my way back to my old home of Brisbane or Gold Coast. Straight to a Supercharger it’ll be!

Any November orders seeing a hidden VIN yet? Mine still showing as NULL. 7 Weeks from order date this weekend and my 8-12week estimate is getting closer, fingers crossed for a Vin in the next couple of weeks! Planning a holiday to Airlie Beach at Easter, driving up from the Gold Coast. Hopefully we will have our Tesla by then. Also fingers crossed we will see new Superchargers at Bundaberg (Childers) - was estimated for Q4 2021, and Rockhampton - Estimated Q1 2022. Anyone know if the Childers Supercharger has been built/ or is in the process of being built yet?