Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Newbie here sharing my current wait journey for anyone it might help. I’m Melbourne based so…
Ordered the M3H LR red 18” wheels black interior fsd on 7 Sept.
VIN assigned in the app on 24/12 with ETA changed to 17 Jan to 7 Feb.
Emails and SMS received on 27/12 stating Model 3 assigned to me on the DJ as well as my final invoice is now available and another email asking me to sign the VIC registration form which they have already pre populated.

I’ve since sent the invoice to my NL company and signed and returned the rego form. So I assume all that’s left is for me to wait for the delivery date?

Assuming so can someone tell me when the DJ is due in Melbourne and how to track that please?
Same boat as you.

My predictions are:
  • NL and Employer will put together the paperwork to be signed.
  • NL will pay Tesla the amount shown on the Final Invoice.
  • Sometime in the next couple of weeks Tesla will ask to pick a delivery date and time
  • After all is said and done, and we have rego papers (this should show the amount of rego paid) and if eligible can submit application for Stamp Duty reimbursement
    • Stamp duty exemption on electric vehicle purchases
    • Scroll down to 'Application Process' and expand When and how can a stamp duty exemption and refund be applied for?
    • Click on link to portal and Sign up, then follow steps to apply for Stamp Duty refund.

I just saw an NT customer post about VIN assignment and email for his delivery. His M3 RWD in Red is being offloaded in Brisbane and he was advised of a rough 2-week timeframe in getting it trucked up north. His EDD is 10 Jan - 31st Jan. He ordered 27th Sept.

#bringonDonsVINs
Clearly that was the RWD Ultra Red I originally ordered and since it's no longer coming to WA it got offloaded in Brisbane for the NT guy.

🧐

• Funny
Reactions: e-enthusiast30
More LR VINs inbound for Sydney & Brisbane customers today (from Facebook group)

Interestingly, I've sighted 2 posts now that stated explicitly they received VINs on Christmas day
If the assignments were carried out by automated system or from Tesla China’s operations, then Christmas Day is not a holiday there. Otherwise yes, I received my VIN either just before or on Christmas Day and with the first day of work back in Australia, received three emails/SMS with the final invoice and registration application form that needs to be signed. No hurry, whatever will happen will happen, all in good time.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus