Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_9230.jpeg

Gotta reckon they will want to get these cars in the hands of customers as quickly as possible. The Stinkship has space for just over 6,000 cars. If they are all Tesla Model Y, that's something like AUD420m in delayed sales. That will have made a big hole in many commission plans for the final quarter of 2023. Selling through the Don's cargo FAST will clear the decks for all those Model Ys when they come back (on whatever ship is assigned that task).

None of which explains why I have no VIN.

Gotta reckon they will want to get these cars in the hands of customers as quickly as possible. The Stinkship has space for just over 6,000 cars. If they are all Tesla Model Y, that's something like AUD420m in delayed sales. That will have made a big hole in many commission plans for the final quarter of 2023. Selling through the Don's cargo FAST will clear the decks for all those Model Ys when they come back (on whatever ship is assigned that task).

None of which explains why I have no VIN.
Ha yeah im willing to help out ASAP.
Just send me a vin and an invoice and ill get some money heading their way lickity split.

Reactions: Jules22
Just gotta hope your selected combo is one out of the roughly 500 possible permutations that is also available when the DJ makes port

Hmmm... I don't think it's that many.

(Assuming that the AP/EAP/FSD are software-only options that can be freely configured at point of delivery... that is, that those options are not 'set' at the factory and hence don't generate additional SKUs (Sock Keeping Units)):

Number of variants = [number of drivetrain options (RWD/LR)] x [number of colours] x [number of wheel options (Photon/Nova)] x [number of interior options (black/white)] = 2 x 5 x 2 x 2 = 40.

It's a long time since I studied permutations and combinations, but I think that's how it works.

Of course, they won't all be required 'evenly', but a spreadsheet and some sales history will pretty quickly point to the split of SKUs to be ordered to fill a ship. And the same spreadsheet will be able to tell you how many of each variant need to be shipped to each port.