Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone chasing a RWD in Stealth Grey? Inventory in QLD.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 17.17.15.png

I’m getting delivery to Chatswood. Swapped out my MY that was stuck on the stinkbug ship for the M3 in Nov (after sitting in the M3 in the showroom, it’s glorious). I did have a vin assigned end of last year but it disappeared.

I called Chatswood and they said they’re doing a vin matching event today and that my vin should be back by the end of the day and I should call back in 48 hours if there’s still no vin. Interestingly this matches what I was told when I ordered back in Nov - that all their vins would be allocated at the start of Jan.

Well... IF they (Chatswood) did a VIN-matching task today, they didn't match one for me (details in sig).

I sent the (in my experience previously reliable) Tesla text number a message last night to ask about what's going on at Chatswood (as many who have selected that DC have received no news). Asked whether I should change to Alexandria as Chatswood seems to be slow to action. No reply so far. But that was before today's Great Kerfuffle of re-VINning and re-timing the rest of you that received VINs and EDDs last week.

(Spent the day being distracted at the tennis in Sydney. Good day!)

Well... IF they (Chatswood) did a VIN-matching task today, they didn't match one for me (details in sig).

I sent the (in my experience previously reliable) Tesla text number a message last night to ask about what's going on at Chatswood (as many who have selected that DC have received no news). Asked whether I should change to Alexandria as Chatswood seems to be slow to action. No reply so far. But that was before today's Great Kerfuffle of re-VINning and re-timing the rest of you that received VINs and EDDs last week.

Enjoy the tennis

Same here. No VIN allocated.
2024 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD grey/black/Photon 18" | Ordered: 21 | ETA: Jan - March | Pickup: Chatswood

Reactions: X Æ A-12

I went into chatty today cause I was in the area to ask the exact same thing.

The rep told me that’s it’s true Alexandria gets more allocations, but said at this point if you make any changes to your order you got back to the end of the que, including changes of DC.

He basically hinted that there is nothing they can do and to wait your turn.. so no real news

Reactions: Nirman Kesari
Spoke with Canberra City Tesla just briefly about VINs/delivery/payment.. the SA who I've spoken to previously and remembered me (not sure if that's a good thing or not haha) mentioned the following:

- VINs: When I mentioned I had a VIN but lost it today his words were "Yeah damn, that happens but hopefully another one will appear again soon" (seems Sales/Deliveries are completed by separate teams as he couldn't tell me anything extra about why it went missing or when a new one should be appearing for ACT specific orders).
- Credit card payments: He mentioned if you wish to pay by credit card, this can be done but must be before delivery and has to be done in person - a surcharge of 1.7% applies regardless of card type.
- He was expecting Model Y's in stock again soon, appearing happy that the Glovis sagas are hopefully nearing the end.