Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with Canberra City Tesla just briefly about VINs/delivery/payment.. the SA who I've spoken to previously and remembered me (not sure if that's a good thing or not haha) mentioned the following:

- VINs: When I mentioned I had a VIN but lost it today his words were "Yeah damn, that happens but hopefully another one will appear again soon" (seems Sales/Deliveries are completed by separate teams as he couldn't tell me anything extra about why it went missing or when a new one should be appearing for ACT specific orders).
- Credit card payments: He mentioned if you wish to pay by credit card, this can be done but must be before delivery and has to be done in person - a surcharge of 1.7% applies regardless of card type.
- He was expecting Model Y's in stock again soon, appearing happy that the Glovis sagas are hopefully nearing the end.
I bet with the lack of Model Y (which far outsells Model 3) it would be causing them some headaches.. Hopefully your M3s appear before that onslaught, although Canberra might fare better than say Sydney..

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Completely off-topic I know. But I couldn't help noticing that Tesla Tom has only gone and bought a BYD Seal. He has a rather long video on his channel of him picking it up and driving it around Sydney, with Joy in the passenger seat holding the hugest microphone I have seen.

I couldn't watch it all, but skipped through it. I don't know, is it just me or does his face become sadder and sadder the longer he drives it? Maybe the pain from the realisation that he has spent his money on a Seal the same week DJ is pulling up into Port Kembla with some new Model 3s. Can't be easy I know.

I won't post it here, but you know where to find it. I actually feel a little sorry for him now.
Expanding his clicks and audience.... sometimes you gotta do stuff for work you don't really want to do....

I'm busy tomorrow, but going to make some calls on Wednesday. Seems that Chatswood DC was a very bad idea. I can get to any DC, but Chatswood is a wee bit closer to me. Had I known that I'd be delaying things, I could easily and happily have chosen Alexandria... I'm going to try to switch.
we are now hoping the Model 3 Performance gets announced before Chatswood allocates us a car and we will change our order from the LR to that....

I was assigned a VIN and now they removed it.
Called and was advised it was due to routing issue and will have to wait again!

Ordered 1st Sept.. fiest day and this is what they doing to me after all the Glovis saga with the other MY order!
Getting sick and tired of Tesla to be hobest.. there are other manufacturers that I have to consider if this continues like this.
Same - ordered on the 1st September had a vin now vinless. The window is still Jan-Mar. Let’s hope they get their act together. When you see cars on inventory it’s a bit of a tease.

Reactions: hopeless
Te
Question for those in NSW, I still need to complete the rego paperwork now for NSW RMS. It has a section for "Representative's authority" with a statement saying "I declare that the person named below is my authorised
representative"

Tesla highlighted this as an area to complete, including signature, name and date.

What am I meant to be putting in here, I don't have any representative? Any ideas?

Thanks!
sla is your representative as they submit the paperwork for you, pay the rego fee, get the plates and put them on the car.

Screenshot 2024-01-02 192116.png