Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those in the US are compiling a bit of data on deliveries and the result isn't very clear at all!

Yeah I had seen this. It’s all over the place atm. But now I know my car isn’t coming till atleast April, I can coast in and see what everyone gets here as the pick there’s up this qtr.

I have a very nice car that I will sorely miss when I upgrade so I will enjoy it for the next few months until the car comes or a good offer on car sale comes along lol.

Reactions: Chuq
Yes the suggestion that I would want to delay ad nauseum because I might want vented seats etc, is not reasonable... There really is no other bell or whistle they could add that would make me consider delaying apart from the MCU.
I doubt that. What if the Q4 car has a new type of battery pack, or an extra 5kwh etc. You might say that now, but I guarantee that's not the case. I am sitting here thinking how much I'd like cooled seats, but I can't be bothered delaying another 12 months. I have already waited 5 years for this car!

If we had've ordered 3 months earlier, we would have got a 55 kWh battery instead of a 60 kWh. If we had've ordered in 2020, we wouldn't have got powered boot, wireless phone chargers, etc... it would be interesting to go back and put all the improvements since the Aus launch on a timeline. There's always something new coming.

Reactions: sdca
Let me add mine to the mix. Looking at this thread I might have been one of the first to pull the trigger:

Model 3 SR
Ext: White
Int: Black
OD: 05/11
VIN: nil
EDD: nil

Last chat with my SA was delivery on track for mid to late Feb.
Speak of the devil, my SA just rung up to give me an update. He said they are expecting VINs to start getting assigned next week with most VINs assigned in the next 2 weeks. Still expecting the deliveries to happen by end of Feb.

Order Date 24/11. Just to share some hopes...

Just got a courtesy call from my SA. Told me that I should expect a VIN to be assigned in the next couple of weeks (by the end of Jan) and confirmed that the car hasn't been built yet.

When I asked about the chip, he wasn't sure but he did mention that all new cars delivered in China now come with AMD, just not sure about AU yet since there haven't been any deliveries yet. They will be able to tell when the first car lands. He also indicated that the chips won't be random, as in some cars come with Atom while others Ryzen. It is decided by the built date. Based on the chat, he seemed quite confident with the new chip.

But again, nothing is confirmed so far.

Reactions: DAL333 and sdca
Yeah I had seen this. It’s all over the place atm. But now I know my car isn’t coming till atleast April, I can coast in and see what everyone gets here as the pick there’s up this qtr.

I have a very nice car that I will sorely miss when I upgrade so I will enjoy it for the next few months until the car comes or a good offer on car sale comes along lol.
So, I just checked with my SA, as I ordered after you 30/11 (if I remember correctly), and a performance, and delivery in Sydney. My SA said, he still expects my delivery in 8-12 weeks, (no mention of from ordering date like website says or from now mind you), but I am reading this as delivery before end of march, though 12 weeks would be end of Feb...

No AMD chip knowledge either, he said they will only know once the cars arrive in country, though I do suspect that's not 100%, there should be a mechanism to match VIN to parts, but that might be out of his ability. Though I will be pushing him to check this once I get a VIN assigned.

Ppl here seem to be treating the Ryzen processor like its the holy grail? I didn't understand the hype so I waded through a lot of hype articles to find the exact specs. Its a Zen 1 4 core 512cache nothing like Ryzens Intel killing 7, 8 and 9 series chips. Is it better than the atom, probably (I struggled to find the atom specs) and aside from the one agruement I saw that going forward Tesla might stop updating atom as regularly, I don't think the MCU processor is overall a game changer. the MCU chip is separate from the the auto pilot board and the auto pilot board is the same between atom and ryzen computers. If someone can point me at the exact atom model used, I would like to see the spec, benchmark data would be even better

Reactions: Vostok
Ppl here seem to be treating the Ryzen processor like its the holy grail? I didn't understand the hype so I waded through a lot of hype articles to find the exact specs. Its a Zen 1 4 core 512cache nothing like Ryzens Intel killing 7, 8 and 9 series chips. Is it better than the atom, probably (I struggled to find the atom specs) and aside from the one agruement I saw that going forward Tesla might stop updating atom as regularly, I don't think the MCU processor is overall a game changer. the MCU chip is separate from the the auto pilot board and the auto pilot board is the same between atom and ryzen computers. If someone can point me at the exact atom model used, I would like to see the spec, benchmark data would be even better
Nah you got it wrong for me. It’s a personal thing that is a sickness with myself and electronics, if it’s out there I want it. Doesn’t mean it’s actually any better than the next persons.

Ventilated seats nice but okay can live with out. Double glazed rear windows would be great too but I want the car sooner. AMD not in it. Cancel the order. Not sure why anyone would really care either way what someone wants personally. Each to their own I say, all individuals.

If someone can point me at the exact atom model used, I would like to see the spec.
It uses an Intel atom e3800 series (3950 from memory).

The Ryzen spec wise, the best I could dig up are:
TDP: 45w
4 Core 8 Thread
512k L2 and 4mb L3.
28CU's.
CPU Clock up to 3.8ghz
GPU clock 2.79Ghz.

Tesla has confirmed 10TFlops of FP which is approaching modern consoles (10.5 for PS5)

Ppl here seem to be treating the Ryzen processor like its the holy grail?
Correct
Ryzen will make zero difference to actual driving or FSD. That's governed by the separate FSD computer.

It will only make a difference in being able to play some new high powered games, and speeding up the render of web pages and streaming apps like Netflix.

It's also not clear if the 3/Y Ryzen is exactly the same as the S/X Ryzen in terms of the graphics card from what I've read.

The FSD4 chip, launch date unknown, will probably make a bigger difference.

Reactions: Vostok