Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It can at times take a double text on my part to get a response.. of course after waiting the customary three days to not seem too needy and desperate 😂

Mine has never showed an estimate the whole way along so there really appears to be no rhyme or reason, or method to the madness!

Apparently there are a few on the sales team in Gold Coast or Brisbane (not sure where my SA is from) that have orders as well and are frequently refreshing the internal system. So we as outsiders are not alone in the despair of Tesla ordering!

It can at times take a double text on my part to get a response.. of course after waiting the customary three days to not seem too needy and desperate 😂

Mine has never showed an estimate the whole way along so there really appears to be no rhyme or reason, or method to the madness!

Apparently there are a few on the sales team in Gold Coast or Brisbane (not sure where my SA is from) that have orders as well and are frequently refreshing the internal system. So we as outsiders are not alone in the despair of Tesla ordering!
How often do people contact their rep? I've only talked to mine once since Dec 6th 2021. Maybe I'm doing this wrong haha.

Reactions: twobit88
I have sold three cars on carsales.com over the past 8yrs and have been very satisfied. Always a fair price well above Trade-in prices. Tesla is no different from anyone else regarding the low valuations placed on trade-ins and indeed probably uses the same organisations that other dealers use to acquire and get rid of the Tradeins.

I have sold three cars on carsales.com over the past 8yrs and have been very satisfied. Always a fair price well above Trade-in prices. Tesla is no different from anyone else regarding the low valuations placed on trade-ins and indeed probably uses the same organisations that other dealers use to acquire and get rid of the Tradeins.
What we are talking about is essentially the Retail and Wholesale markets, which have two very different pricing structures. Wholesale pricing is low, but you get the convenience of chucking your keys at someone and not worrying about it again. Retail prices are higher, but you need to deal with the general public, scam texts that screen scrape carsales, and the clever ones who call you to low ball.

For me Carsales gets me a fair price, but I do have to be prepared to work for it and be patient.

Reactions: doggy1
Just got a call from my rep, he says cars are arriving from China starting from mid February and we should see VINs coming in the next couple of weeks. I asked about whether it may come with the new CPU and he was a little cagey. He replied that everyone is asking and he won't be able to tell if it is or not and there shouldn't be much difference between the two CPU's. I explained I know enough about computers to know that is not the case and I will chat again once we have a VIN. Judging by the conversation he must be a little over being asked!

I will be cancelling if he can't tell me whether it has the Ryzen chip as I plan to have this car for a very long time. I assume if I delay for the next shipment I will have a better chance of receiving an updated chip, plus someone who isn't fussed gets an early car!

Reactions: sdca
How does delaying work? Do you need to pay the order fee again or will they just move your order to the next shipment?
I have a M3 LR on order but would seriously think about delaying to the next shipment if it doesn't come with the Ryzen chip as I can foresee it being a bit sort after on the second hand market in the years to come as the cars infotainment gets gradually slower with updates as most computers/phones do plus I'm pretty impatient with technology being sluggish hence I've always tried to have a late model phone and computer. The extra wait wouldn't bother me as the wait so far hasn't been a problem.

Reactions: TJTethla
How does delaying work? Do you need to pay the order fee again or will they just move your order to the next shipment?
I have a M3 LR on order but would seriously think about delaying to the next shipment if it doesn't come with the Ryzen chip as I can foresee it being a bit sort after on the second hand market in the years to come as the cars infotainment gets gradually slower with updates as most computers/phones do plus I'm pretty impatient with technology being sluggish hence I've always tried to have a late model phone and computer. The extra wait wouldn't bother me as the wait so far hasn't been a problem.
Could be wrong but I've heard 'delaying' usually means cancelling in Australia unlike the USA, so losing your $150 order fee, and since they have increased the order fee to $350 now, that means you are out $500 if you cancel and reorder.

Also likely means you will be waiting 4-6 months from now, I.e May deliveries at the earliest and possibly into June and you would have to be careful they don't match your new order to a car from other cancelled orders (which might have the Atom) so you'd have to wait a bit before ordering again also risking an even longer wait still...

Been there. You are allowed to make one change per deposit, and changes are limited to specs within that model such as colour change, equipment change, M3LR to M3P etc. You rejoin the Q once you confirm the changes, potentially prolonging your wait time. You lose your deposit if you initiate other changes, such as M3 to a MY.