Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright everyone. My time to shine! I am always wrong. So bearing that in mind, i'm speculating that they will be delayed again and if not delayed we'll get them at the October/November end of the window.

You're welcome.
Are you trying for a reverse psychology type of (cleverly disguised) optimism?
As in...you could be wrong and they might come earlier than November...

Who knows. We got some Decembers in here and maybe some Novembers. I'm January. Heaps of them and Februaries. But we don't know order numbers. We'd probably be like .005% of total orders. Hard to tell because the demos appeared to be given to matching spec orders. And we only got like 3-5 of those in this forum. And i think the 4k from Q1 were all RWD orders. Not LR or P.
Ah well i will keep waiting just like everybody else

I've been waiting since Nov21 for a black/white M3LR ... if its not delayed again (and tbh, I'm not convinced yet it won't be) then I'm expecting pickup to be mid Sept22.

Which puts me on dodgy ground now, since I'm out of the country for two weeks in September. If Tesla tell me I have to collect in that two week period or they give my car away, there will be blood.

As much as I still want the car, I have a very low opinion of Tesla.

Reactions: Maximillan
I've been waiting since Nov21 for a black/white M3LR ... if its not delayed again (and tbh, I'm not convinced yet it won't be) then I'm expecting pickup to be mid Sept22.

Which puts me on dodgy ground now, since I'm out of the country for two weeks in September. If Tesla tell me I have to collect in that two week period or they give my car away, there will be blood.

Oh.... have you met my friend Murphy?

Just dropping this in.. might be short term pain for long term gain?

Screenshot_20220622-232259_Twitter.jpg

Reactions: Robdunc

Just pay for the car when you receive the invoice - which will have a VIN on it - and it will be all yours.

English news article about the shutdown:

Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) plans to suspend most production at its Shanghai plant in the first two weeks of July to work on an upgrade of the site, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.

After the upgrade, the U.S. automaker aims to boost the plant's output to a new record high by the end of July to get closer to its goal of producing 22,000 cars per week in Shanghai, according to the memo.

Reactions: Robdunc

Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) plans to suspend most production at its Shanghai plant in the first two weeks of July to work on an upgrade of the site, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.

After the upgrade, the U.S. automaker aims to boost the plant's output to a new record high by the end of July to get closer to its goal of producing 22,000 cars per week in Shanghai, according to the memo.
So this means no production run for aus again in 3rd quarter?

It was interesting in the article about the Y. It did not mention the M3 ….

”Customers in Australia now have to wait until the first quarter of 2023 for their Model Ys while those in Europe can only pick up their cars at the earliest in the fourth quarter of this year, its website showed.”