Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
English news article about the shutdown:

Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) plans to suspend most production at its Shanghai plant in the first two weeks of July to work on an upgrade of the site, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.

After the upgrade, the U.S. automaker aims to boost the plant's output to a new record high by the end of July to get closer to its goal of producing 22,000 cars per week in Shanghai, according to the memo.
The memo they are citing says 4 days. Reuters gets details about gigahsangai wrong so often that I'm wondering if it's a journalist/editor that's anti-tesla, that it should be attributed to malice and not stupidity

So basically if our car isn't on the Morning Clara or whatever fills the TBA slot we are *sugar* out of luck for a long time still.... 😅😅
Another who knows. Depends whether it's 4 days or 14 days or they bump production or continue on from where they left off. Or they come up with a new and exciting reason for being delayed to a time in the future when there are less delays (?).

That wasn’t a scheduled shutdown, that was a government-mandated lockdown.

Obviously Tesla are not the most transparent company out there and don’t communicate well, but no need to panic currently.
Yes and this lockdown is a scheduled shutdown so they have control over when it happens. Given NZ/Aus got no cars in Q2 I would have thought they would schedule this shutdown during other market production times.

As others have pointed out, it’s doubtful that any RHD cars would be ready in time for Paganella on 6/7. The next boat isn’t until 27/7, so this shutdown probably won’t affect us.

Anyone know why Reuters is claiming that the shutdown will last for two weeks?
ye because a guy on twitter got it wrong ,dates, shipping and time period of shutdown, it's 3 days which in my experience sounds about right for an upgrade, hopefully no screw ups, this upgrade takes them to over 80k a qrt so should be no lost production.