Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the Model Y RWD is announced within that time, I could change my order to it
I suspect even if they opened the order book for the MY in January it'd still be mid to late 2022 delivery - so it depends on whether you want to wait another 6-9 months.

I wish I hadn't taken so long to abandon my plans for waiting for the MY, I'd have had a Q4 car by now. Missed it by just a few days!

Do we know which of the recently announced/speculated changes will apply to vehicles ordered now/delivered Feb-March?

We hear about them and we don't know for sure until deliveries start.

In recent deliveries we've seen:
  • Rear heated seats
  • Heated steering wheel
So they are now locked in. But what about:
  • Lithium 12V battery
  • Ryzen CPU
  • Double glazed rear windows
?
Based on last quarter it was around mid-late October that word started to trickle out the new SR+ would be getting a 60kwh battery and that the first of those deliveries were heading to Australia. The cars by that point where already on the water before we could get Tesla to confirm what trickling out into the forums.

Woo! I just got a call from my SA, there was a cancellation and I'm getting a car on the 29th. I could've had it this week (23-24th) but with family Christmas stuff that was going to be too complicated so I sacrificed a few days.

(Order date was 8/11 - M3 LR, MSM/Black interior)

EDIT: I have a delivery date and hidden VIN in my account page now.. it's really happening! Feels so weird to go from a generic blank page with no estimate to that in the span of an hour.

Last edited:
Woo! I just got a call from my SA, there was a cancellation and I'm getting a car on the 29th. I could've had it this week (23-24th) but with family Christmas stuff that was going to be too complicated so I sacrificed a few days.

wohoo~
Congrats mate.

Hope few more cancellation pop up ;)

curious to know have you had VIN matched before the cancellation reallocation ?

curious to know have you had VIN matched before the cancellation reallocation ?
No, because I was literally doing my daily check of my account page (yeah, I'm a tragic) when the SA called - she asked if I wanted it this year, or to wait for a 2022 build - I did ask if there was any difference, seeing if she's say anything about the computer, but she just said it's already got the new battery pack going into the '22 models. Of course I accepted her offer. She then negotiated the delivery appointment with me via SMS after that, and said that she'll get the match sorted out once we'd settled on a date/time. Took another 15-30 minutes or so before the delivery appt and hidden VIN appeared in my account (I was refreshing every 5-10 min at that point..). No final invoice yet, will see when that comes through.

EDIT: I have a delivery date and hidden VIN in my account page now.. it's really happening! Feels so weird to go from a generic blank page with no estimate to that in the span of an hour.
Congrats Marcin!!!!!!

Bring on cancellation assignments for all!!

Congrats Marcin. Make sure you keep us updated when you get it with some initial thoughts

No, because I was literally doing my daily check of my account page (yeah, I'm a tragic) when the SA called - she asked if I wanted it this year, or to wait for a 2022 build - I did ask if there was any difference, seeing if she's say anything about the computer, but she just said it's already got the new battery pack going into the '22 models. Of course I accepted her offer. She then negotiated the delivery appointment with me via SMS after that, and said that she'll get the match sorted out once we'd settled on a date/time. Took another 15-30 minutes or so before the delivery appt and hidden VIN appeared in my account (I was refreshing every 5-10 min at that point..). No final invoice yet, will see when that comes through.
Did she ignore the computer/CPU question? the 2022 model should start including the new Ryzen CPU , though the people at tesla seem unaware of most changes coming out of China..

Did she ignore the computer/CPU question? the 2022 model should start including the new Ryzen CPU , though the people at tesla seem unaware of most changes coming out of China..
I didn't ask specifically about the computer, just whether there was any other differences. But I guess the computer is an implementation detail, not a "feature list" feature. There's also no guarantee when or if we'll see the Ryzen CPU in Australian cars. I know it's been listed as a "spare part" for the M3, however it could for example only be shipped in Performance models initially and LR/base later (maybe that's why Performance ETA is April 2022 already?)

Personally I don't think it's worth waiting another 2-3 months for the chance that it might have a new computer.. because other than that it won't be any different (except for a 2022 build date if that matters to you).

I see that M3 orders have blown out to 14-20 weeks now. Looks like all Q1 cars are spoken for.
Yikes, so it has. Glad I got my order in. At least if you order now you can be more confident that you'll get the rumoured improvements (Ryzen, etc) as discussed earlier in this thread.

Also if you aren't in a hurry - the long delivery time can give you an advantage - it gives you protection against both price drops and price rises. You get the lowest of your order date and the day the invoice is finalised (just before delivery).