Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you can compare to others if they share the same spec and around the same order date to get a guideline for yourself, but I would take any date with a pinch of salt until I have a VIN personally.
Yeah, without knowing the exact production mix, I'd say the best way to compare is with others who order the exact same configuration (taking into account their delivery location). I would assume people who order the same configuration would be assigned a vehicle based on who ordered first if they're in the same state.

that's interesting. exact spec but ordered 3 days later, nothing yet
This is normal with the vin allocation system. It is so amazing, logic does not work. Order dates mean very little in this process as I say repeatedly at the beginning of every quarter. It just takes an example to prove it.

my message to people with no vins - Hold out for another 3 weeks. If no vin by then reach out to your adviser. Waiting for a Tesla is an emotional rollercoaster, and there are more curves and ups and downs ahead. Delays are ahead for shipping and transporters - As there are every quarter and the estimated delivery dates are untrustworthy and will move a lot.

it is an amazing system. this is why i look at all this closely over last 2 years.

Hi All,
Getting sad that lots of people are getting VIN’s but not me :( Ordered an M3LR white with white interior on the 19/11 (Chatswood)
Contacted my SA today to get an update. He told me that the VIN’s for LR cars with white interiors have not been assigned yet and I should get mine soon.

Clinging on to this hope.

Regards,
Stephen

Reactions: Kevsaccount
Hi All,
Getting sad that lots of people are getting VIN’s but not me :( Ordered an M3LR white with white interior on the 19/11 (Chatswood)
Contacted my SA today to get an update. He told me that the VIN’s for LR cars with white interiors have not been assigned yet and I should get mine soon.

Clinging on to this hope.

Regards,
Stephen
Handy to know that the White interior VINS haven't been allocated yet.. thanks for the info :)