Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Already confirmed/discussed in earlier post, 2022 RWD M3 had switched to newer & more advanced Hairpin motor (3D7), as indicated in the 8th letter in the VIN. It produces less heat & more efficient, with slight drop in power. This is the main reason both LR & P 2022 have reduced ranges (20km - 50km) due to the new Ryzen MCU3, while RWD 2022 maintains the same range.
I might be wrong, but I thought late MIC 2021 SR+ used 3D6 motor which is already hairpin type like 3D7. Power dropped from 26kw from 220 to 194 and torque dropped 100nm from 440 to 340. I wouldn't quite call that a slight drip in power but probably only felt from standing acceleration while rolling might be much the same. It's not a deal break to me really as I don't do any provocative driving or track days. I am only responding to a comment about slower acceleration with what I know (and I could be entirely wrong as well).

Hi all LR people,

Just got an email from my SA. I don't expect the delivery now earlier than end of Mar

That hurt

I do have an update on all Long-Range orders, just got off a call from the Operations team:

There completing VIN allocations for the RWD’s now

VIN allocations for LR’s will be processed from the 07-11th of February.. 2 weeks’ time we will have an idea on the ETA

Let me know if you have any other questions

Last edited:
Hi all LR people,

Just got an email from my SA. I don't expect the delivery now earlier than end of Mar

That hurt

I do have an update on all Long-Range orders, just got off a call from the Operations team:

VIN allocations for LR’s will be processed from the 07-11th of February.. 2 weeks’ time we will have an idea on the ETA

It does sound like the Giga Shanghai will shut down for a week over Chinese New Year (1 Feb to 6 Feb) or at least slow down production significantly.

Pretty sure the MIC 2021 M3 SR+ was on 3D1 (202KW/404Nm), while the 3D6 is M3P's real motor.
Nope different models were used at different times and regions, both 3D1 & 3D6 were used in the SR+ & both limited to 239kW.

Just like now Europe RWD M3's from Shanghai are being delivered with 3D5 while Australia are getting 3D7, at least for now, both limited to 208kW (as seen in the VINs posted to date)

Got final invoice on 27/01, built date was 11/01. Only one call from SA after order placed. A few emails/texts recently asked for confirmation of 2022 updates (MCU3/12V Li-ion/heated wipers/taillights) went unanswered.

Looking at the colour description on the invoice - "Pearl White Multi-Coat", is this means it has better stone-chip/scratch resistances than other single-coat colours (blue/silver/black)?

Hi all LR people,

That hurt

I wouldn't be too stressed about the delivery window yet.
Usually VINs are allocated once on ships. If the ship is going to be on the way by 11th at the latest it will then dock in PKL by 26/02/2022. Giving you plenty of time to receive the car in early March.

Reactions: DanSyd
239kW claimed power also.

5.6s 0-100 is said to be understated by many.

Yeah, some tests got less than 5.6 sec, maybe it was cutting close to the LR territory so a reasonable step from Tesla to change the motor. Compensate with more range and efficiency which probably has more real life use for RWD buyers. Range rather for speed. Reviews I have seen mostly report difference in standing acceleration but much the same or very little difference in rolling from 40km/hr+ (2021 SR+ vs 2022 RWD). 0.5 sec not a deal breaker to be honest, makes little difference in city traffic, just my bad habit to dig details and boredom.

Got final invoice on 27/01, built date was 11/01. Only one call from SA after order placed. A few emails/texts recently asked for confirmation of 2022 updates (MCU3/12V Li-ion/heated wipers/taillights) went unanswered.

Looking at the colour description on the invoice - "Pearl White Multi-Coat", is this means it has better stone-chip/scratch resistances than other single-coat colours (blue/silver/black)?
Call the sales line during business hours. My SA always had it in his voicemail.
02 4328 0288 (opt 3)

Reactions: billyM3