Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered when it showed 8-12 weeks and 14-20 weeks were applied to me and many orders here who ordered LR. Hope it won't apply to you but it can happen

Its impossible to tell, especially this early. the cut off for Q1 as an example was 20/12/2021 (where it changed from 8-12 to 12-16 or something like this) however there has been cases of ppl ordering in early Jan that now has VIN assigned as well as customers ordering in early Nov. that dont have a VIN yet. LRs and Ps seem to attract longer wait times however odd configs, aka blue (yes blue seems to be less frequently selected colour) attract shorter wait times. These are my general observations that have played out over the course of my Q1 wait.

If you ordered right before the so called "cutoff", they can indeed retroactively change your date estimate. I happened to order on 20/12/2021, a few hours before the EDD changed from 8-12 to 14-20 weeks, and the date displayed on my order stayed as 8-12 for a few more days before also changing to 14-20 weeks.

But the date of the estimate changing isn't really a reliable indicator anyway, as there are LR orders from early Dec (2 weeks before the estimate changing) still with no VIN, and SR orders from Jan (2 weeks after estimate changing) with a VIN.

Thanks to your all for the info! Fingers crossed it doesn't get held up too much. Do all the M3's destined for Australia come from Shanghai? No Fremont?

If you ordered right before the so called "cutoff", they can indeed retroactively change your date estimate. I happened to order on 20/12/2021, a few hours before the EDD changed from 8-12 to 14-20 weeks, and the date displayed on my order stayed as 8-12 for a few more days before also changing to 14-20 weeks.
So, I happened to order a 3 yesterday a few hours before it from from 14-20 weeks -> 5-7 months and the estimate has disappeared altogether from the app and my account.

So, should be interesting to see what happens

So, I happened to order a 3 yesterday a few hours before it from from 14-20 weeks -> 5-7 months and the estimate has disappeared altogether from the app and my account.

So, should be interesting to see what happens
Welcome and congratulations. Your order date will probably appear and disappear as well as jump around.
Don't worry about it and just take it is 14-20 weeks from order date.

Roughly 13 days to Brisbane plus another 1.5 to Port Kembla.
Of course Vedaprime knows which ship it is and when it left Shanghai.
That sounds about right. They probably load quite a bit faster in China than they unload here, our ports are not as efficient.
Looking back on the last few deliveries Brisbane and Sydney took about 2 days each to unload. Shanghai-Brisbane-Port Kembla-Melbourne-NZ rinse and repeat!

I ordered just as it displayed 5-7 months last night. Where does it show the order date?
Order date will appear on your order agreement PDF in your account. EDD will appear on your account too or on the app. The EDD will jump around and/or disappear. From what I've gathered don't be too alarmed if a generic EDD like 8-12 weeks, 5-7 months never appears or changes, it doesn't mean much

For example, my account never showed an EDD until I got a VIN and a more solid date range. So until then I wouldn't worry about what the EDD on your account says

Order date will appear on your order agreement PDF in your account. EDD will appear on your account too or on the app. The EDD will jump around and/or disappear. From what I've gathered don't be too alarmed if a generic EDD like 8-12 weeks, 5-7 months never appears or changes, it doesn't mean much

For example, my account never showed an EDD until I got a VIN and a more solid date range. So until then I wouldn't worry about what the EDD on your account says
I see. Thank you!

Will the process (VIN/EDD) still continue even without the payment method submitted? Wasn't able to get in touch with the SA today to figure that part out. I'm on a lease and the trade-in part doesn't stipulate any type of Payoff Amount. I shall try again tomorrow.

Still waiting on my VIN# :(. Congrats to those getting their M3!

My order details
Model 3 Performance
Ext: White
Int: Black
Order Date: 2/12/21
Delivery Location: Alexandria
EDD: Still says 8 - 12 weeks, approaching 11 weeks tomorrow.
SA has advised that delivery is approx. 4 - 6 weeks? after VIN# is provided,
Probably looking at delivery in April I think?

Went with white as I'd probably be looking at vinyl wrapping the car.
Anyone have any recommendations around Sydney?

Still waiting on my VIN# :(. Congrats to those getting their M3!

My order details
Model 3 Performance
Ext: White
Int: Black
Order Date: 2/12/21
Delivery Location: Alexandria
EDD: Still says 8 - 12 weeks, approaching 11 weeks tomorrow.
SA has advised that delivery is approx. 4 - 6 weeks? after VIN# is provided,
Probably looking at delivery in April I think?

Went with white as I'd probably be looking at vinyl wrapping the car.
Anyone have any recommendations around Sydney?
I’d recommend you have a talk with your SA. I have a LR order 7/12 and have been advised there have been issues with the batch this quarter and they have greatly underproduced cars. I, along with many others, have been bumped to Q2. Deliveries in each quarter happen in the mid-late second month leading into the third month, so unfortunately this probably means May realistically. Your SA should be able to update you properly.

Will the process (VIN/EDD) still continue even without the payment method submitted? Wasn't able to get in touch with the SA today to figure that part out. I'm on a lease and the trade-in part doesn't stipulate any type of Payoff Amount. I shall try again tomorrow.
Yeh the VIN/EDD process will continue, took around 5 weeks to get EDD & got my VIN today, i ordered M3 RWD 21/12/21 & did the finance option, no trade-in.
Hope that helps.

Hey, I got the email saying my invoice is uploaded but I don't see it under the documents. I only see order agreement. Is it normal? I don't like to believe that a software company like Tesla would send an email before the attach the invoice to my account and make it visible.

Hey, I got the email saying my invoice is uploaded but I don't see it under the documents. I only see order agreement. Is it normal? I don't like to believe that a software company like Tesla would send an email before the attach the invoice to my account and make it visible.
I would give it a day or two and if it's still not there contact your SA, they should be able to get it for you. I can't remember whether mined appeared before or after the email

This article mentioned the Morning Crystal arrived in PK yesterday, has 1200-1400 M3's onboard, trucks were being spotted carrying M3's to delivery centres. People with late Feb EDD should start getting delivery SMS'es in the coming days. My SA had confirmed that, once the cars arrived in delivery centres, SMS'es will be sent. I have sent my first $5 test payment today 😃

I’d recommend you have a talk with your SA. I have a LR order 7/12 and have been advised there have been issues with the batch this quarter and they have greatly underproduced cars. I, along with many others, have been bumped to Q2. Deliveries in each quarter happen in the mid-late second month leading into the third month, so unfortunately this probably means May realistically. Your SA should be able to update you properly.
Have you received official confirmation that you have been bumped to Q2?

Got email few days after the final invoice had popped up in my account.
But probably wait for a couple of days before calling SA

Reactions: tagpro