Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the pick up experience like in Canberra?
I heard they are all parked at the Canberra Centre. Is this true?

Seems like they're parked in some warehouse in Melbourne, so not sure there's enough room in the Canberra Centre for all the cars.
It was really good.
Tesla has secured a bunch of parking bays at the Canberra Centre carpark for delivery. If you are familiar with the area, it's the carpark closest to Target. You go up a lift, walk to the back of the carpark, then down some stairs. Signage could have been better, but Tesla sent me a PDF with instructions prior to delivery to help out.
I'm not sure where the cars are living prior to the handover at the Canberra Centre. There are something like 22 bays they have locked down there, so I'm guessing there is a warehouse nearby where the cars live while they
Parking Bays.PNG
awaiting delivery.

Reactions: cafz
Today my EDD updated from 19/02 - 05/03 to 19/02 - 27/02, so delivery is definitely happening next week, so excited & will keep my phone handy tomorrow & Sat for the delivery SMS 😀

Anyone else got the EDD update? (I'm picking up in Alexandria/Sydney)
My EDD remains unchanged at 19/02 - 05/03, also picking up from Alexandria.

Congratulations though, it seems like me like your's has moved an extra step to delivery!

Reactions: billyM3
Getting that label off was one of the first things I did :) . It shows RWD has 556km range, which looks great on paper :p
View attachment 770589
A bit ridiculous that those fuel efficiency stickers still use the ludicrously unreliable NEDC measurements. Is this a stipulation from a government agency?

Hi #TeamRed, do you mind sharing your timeline.
When did you ordered, have EDD or waiting time?

Mine as follows:

M3 RWD
Red/Black
OD: 5/2/22
M3 RWD Red/Black
OD: 30/11/21
Build Date: 10/01/22
VIN Allocated: ~21/01/22
Final Invoice: Dated 26/01/22, posted 27/01/22
Current EDD: 19/02 - 05/03
Awaiting SMS to arrange delivery date.

can you please provide more info on this? or any link which has more details regarding this
Tesla removed the ability to adjust the strength of regen braking some time last year.

To be honest it can be a little surprising at first, especially if you’ve come from an auto rather than manual trans car.

I recently took delivery of a RWD M3 for my business and have personally had a performance 3 for over 12 months. The regen is definitely stronger on the performance but I’ve found that after a few hours of driving you get really used to it, and as someone who does all their driving around busy city streets with traffic, roundabouts and speed bumps the one pedal driving is a godsend.

It also definitely helps with range, brake life and also stops brake dust building up on the wheels which is a look I hate and is a pain to clean as well.

Once you’re used to regen braking you’ll never want to go back to using a brake pedal all the time, I only ever really use it when I need to stop quickly, but most of the time I know how to slowly ease off the throttle to get the car to stop exactly where I want, Eg. At a stop sign or red light.

The only two things to be wary of is if you’re coming off a charge and have above 95-98%+ as the power of the regen will be greatly reduced. Secondly, in the wet, going over expansion joints on bridges and on/off ramps, while regen braking can result in a bit of a shunt, I’m guessing from the wheels momentarily skidding over wet metal, but hasn’t happen in the dry. To overcome this I’ll just ease the throttle to wear the car is essentially coasting without speeding up or slowing down. It’s a adjustment but it’s now basically second-nature or muscle memory on my commute.

A bit ridiculous that those fuel efficiency stickers still use the ludicrously unreliable NEDC measurements. Is this a stipulation from a government agency?
Yes. Its a government sticker..

The car (when in km mode) shows a US EPA figure, which is at least closer to typical real world driving, although unachievable on a highway at 110 as it's still a mixed cycle test.

A while back the US Tesla store got some Wall Connector faceplates. IMO they look great. Sadly they weren't available in Aus. I had a shipping company quote me how much it would cost to buy it there and ship it over. It was going to cost over $300 AUD.

As chance would have it I checked our Aus Tesla store again the other day. Sure enough, we now stock them!

This is my new Red faceplate to match my new M3. I'm a big fan.

They're currently $140 at the Tesla Shop: Wall Connector Color Matched Faceplate

Faceplate.jpg
PXL_20220217_034206528.jpg