Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly I’ve discovered someone with the same spec as mine who has a delivery date, meaning that until it starts being loaded to leave we won’t see one.
I'm in the exact same position - current order is HW4 MY Quicksilver RWD Black. EDD is still at the original Mar-Apr 2024 (when I placed an order for a HW3 MY Midnight Silver).

Now the Midnight Silver is showing as current stock...so my dilemma is - is HW4 worth the wait, and is the EDD actually accurate.

I rang Tesla Perth and they indicated that orders have received updated EDDs, so they thought given mine hasn't changed that it is still accurate.

We are also down to one car, and it's a pain in the a$$.

Do we know the name of the next Tesla ship to hit Freo?

I'm in the exact same position - current order is HW4 MY Quicksilver RWD Black. EDD is still at the original Mar-Apr 2024 (when I placed an order for a HW3 MY Midnight Silver).

Now the Midnight Silver is showing as current stock...so my dilemma is - is HW4 worth the wait, and is the EDD actually accurate.

I rang Tesla Perth and they indicated that orders have received updated EDDs, so they thought given mine hasn't changed that it is still accurate.

We are also down to one car, and it's a pain in the a$$.

Do we know the name of the next Tesla ship to hit Freo?
Hi Rug, good to have you here waiting with us mate.,
What was your initial order date? I'm just using this to collate data. As I said a few days ago, my colleague ordered a white RWD Y the same weekend I ordered mine ( 8/3 vs my 11/3), but I changed mine to quicksilver. She has a delivery date 8-22 May, like you, no updated ETA for me.

I know for fact that the Paganella is due 14/6 into Fremantle, giving us a likely delivery date of the last few days in June. What I don't know is if there's something between the Morning Crystal due 27/4 which has all of the next shipment on it.

Hi Rug, good to have you here waiting with us mate.,
What was your initial order date? I'm just using this to collate data. As I said a few days ago, my colleague ordered a white RWD Y the same weekend I ordered mine ( 8/3 vs my 11/3), but I changed mine to quicksilver. She has a delivery date 8-22 May, like you, no updated ETA for me.

I know for fact that the Paganella is due 14/6 into Fremantle, giving us a likely delivery date of the last few days in June. What I don't know is if there's something between the Morning Crystal due 27/4 which has all of the next shipment on it.
Cheers Sturty,
My order date was 18th Mar.
Funnily enough, I'm picking up a car (Mitsubishi PHEV) for my niece tomorrow, they've been waiting for 12 months. Makes my wait seem so insignificant 🤣

Cheers Sturty,
Funnily enough, I'm picking up a car (Mitsubishi PHEV) for my niece tomorrow, they've been waiting for 12 months. Makes my wait seem so insignificant 🤣
As I said to my colleague, if we were initially told June it would be one thing, but as all but one rep I spoke to swore blind it'd be late April for delivery and now it looks like Late June, that's the difficulty in the mental and physical planning.

My view is like for like? Keep waiting for HW4 UNLESS your standard parking space is exceptionally tight, where as it stands today USS is superior to Teslavision.

My dilemma is now, there's an ex demo Long Range in the Perth Inventory for the same price as my ordered RWD. 2023 build, 8500 KM on the clock. I really would like to pull the trigger, but the other half is less convinced. HW3 LR v HW4 quicksilver for exactly the same price is a very different debate.

Cheers Sturty,
Just a bit of data I've collated, @Prashant Pai is the only person I've encountered with a Stealth grey, he ordered 14/2, he has an EDD within the May window 8-22. A chap I encountered this morning on the Tesla Owners Club WA page is the only person I've encountered with a RWD Quicksilver delivery date here, order date 8/2. Clearly there was a very small early run for the new colours. Yet to see anyone with the ultra red.

Someone else on the Owners club ordered a MYP in quicksilver early April, no EDD like us.

I've therefore dubbed Quicksilver as slowsilver.

Just a bit of data I've collated, @Prashant Pai is the only person I've encountered with a Stealth grey, he ordered 14/2, he has an EDD within the May window 8-22. A chap I encountered this morning on the Tesla Owners Club WA page is the only person I've encountered with a RWD Quicksilver delivery date here, order date 8/2. Clearly there was a very small early run for the new colours. Yet to see anyone with the ultra red.

Someone else on the Owners club ordered a MYP in quicksilver early April, no EDD like us.

I've therefore dubbed Quicksilver as slowsilver.
Haha... We've done the same in the household... Even considered number plates like that 😉

• Love
Reactions: Sturty
As I said to my colleague, if we were initially told June it would be one thing, but as all but one rep I spoke to swore blind it'd be late April for delivery and now it looks like Late June, that's the difficulty in the mental and physical planning.

My view is like for like? Keep waiting for HW4 UNLESS your standard parking space is exceptionally tight, where as it stands today USS is superior to Teslavision.

My dilemma is now, there's an ex demo Long Range in the Perth Inventory for the same price as my ordered RWD. 2023 build, 8500 KM on the clock. I really would like to pull the trigger, but the other half is less convinced. HW3 LR v HW4 quicksilver for exactly the same price is a very different debate.
It is tricky to debate, but we don't like white... So that was out of the question. Also, ex-demo don't qualify for the $3,500 rebate.

It is tricky to debate, but we don't like white... So that was out of the question. Also, ex-demo don't qualify for the $3,500 rebate.
Correct re: rebate, but as the comparible model wasn't eligible anyway it still makes it attractive.
I worked out that even factoring in the rebate, the LR demo model is $451 cheaper than our RWD Quicksilver, in part because the registration transfer is only $19 compared to the $350 for the new vehicle. $2600 off because white is the free colour.

Another factor is insurance - RAC's discount is effectively 25% off for the first year of an EV's life, as it's a '23 model registered in '23 it'd only be a 20% discount.

All things to consider.

Last edited:
Reactions: V3nom and TheRug80
IMG_1523.jpeg

Just on this point, in case my stance wasn't obvious, that sounds like an absolute fob off answer instead of the dreaded "I don't know", considering those WITH EDD's are all firmly in the May boat.

So unless they can conjure them up in the next week these dates are outright false. I can't see a path where our delivery date isn't June or later.

Reactions: TheRug80
Just on this point, in case my stance wasn't obvious, that sounds like an absolute fob off answer instead of the dreaded "I don't know", considering those WITH EDD's are all firmly in the May boat.

So unless they can conjure them up in the next week these dates are outright false. I can't see a path where our delivery date isn't June or later.
I think you're spot on there...I think with the whole refresh of the Model Y line, their logistics system doesn't account for this disruption. Therefore all previous rules around EDDs are out the window.
I honestly think they didn't know how the new colours would take with buyers, so they've just held back on giving EDDs until the ships have unloaded.

I think you're spot on there...I think with the whole refresh of the Model Y line, their logistics system doesn't account for this disruption. Therefore all previous rules around EDDs are out the window.
I honestly think they didn't know how the new colours would take with buyers, so they've just held back on giving EDDs until the ships have unloaded.
I went back last night and read threads about how the allocation process works from last year, and this read through the first 30 pages is very insightful.

Essentially I think we can fall into the boat where our new less common designs, IE the new / more expensive colours, LR seem to be made and allocated to us in far smaller batches. White RWD with geminis are made in the masses. From there the more common colours are sent. Then, previously we'd get a few multi coat reds in little lots, which why for us in the new ship there isn't a lot of love.

Reactions: TheRug80