Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A while back the US Tesla store got some Wall Connector faceplates. IMO they look great. Sadly they weren't available in Aus. I had a shipping company quote me how much it would cost to buy it there and ship it over. It was going to cost over $300 AUD.

As chance would have it I checked our Aus Tesla store again the other day. Sure enough, we now stock them!

This is my new Red faceplate to match my new M3. I'm a big fan.

They're currently $140 at the Tesla Shop: Wall Connector Color Matched Faceplate
Nice... I was considering the black faceplate but I figured the standard white would stand out less in the carport.

Reactions: Mosesvii
Tesla removed the ability to adjust the strength of regen braking some time last year.

To be honest it can be a little surprising at first, especially if you’ve come from an auto rather than manual trans car.

I recently took delivery of a RWD M3 for my business and have personally had a performance 3 for over 12 months. The regen is definitely stronger on the performance but I’ve found that after a few hours of driving you get really used to it, and as someone who does all their driving around busy city streets with traffic, roundabouts and speed bumps the one pedal driving is a godsend.

It also definitely helps with range, brake life and also stops brake dust building up on the wheels which is a look I hate and is a pain to clean as well.

Once you’re used to regen braking you’ll never want to go back to using a brake pedal all the time, I only ever really use it when I need to stop quickly, but most of the time I know how to slowly ease off the throttle to get the car to stop exactly where I want, Eg. At a stop sign or red light.

The only two things to be wary of is if you’re coming off a charge and have above 95-98%+ as the power of the regen will be greatly reduced. Secondly, in the wet, going over expansion joints on bridges and on/off ramps, while regen braking can result in a bit of a shunt, I’m guessing from the wheels momentarily skidding over wet metal, but hasn’t happen in the dry. To overcome this I’ll just ease the throttle to wear the car is essentially coasting without speeding up or slowing down. It’s a adjustment but it’s now basically second-nature or muscle memory on my commute.
thanks a million for the informative text.

A bit ridiculous that those fuel efficiency stickers still use the ludicrously unreliable NEDC measurements. Is this a stipulation from a government agency?
Yes, those are ADR81/02 stickers so they have to use numbers produced from the procedure documented in ADR81/02.

Which makes sense when you think about it, because the idea is that you're supposed to be able to cross-shop comparing the numbers on the stickers. ie don't take the numbers as gospel, but at least a car that says 550km should go further than one that says 450km.

It was really good.
Tesla has secured a bunch of parking bays at the Canberra Centre carpark for delivery. If you are familiar with the area, it's the carpark closest to Target. You go up a lift, walk to the back of the carpark, then down some stairs. Signage could have been better, but Tesla sent me a PDF with instructions prior to delivery to help out.
I'm not sure where the cars are living prior to the handover at the Canberra Centre. There are something like 22 bays they have locked down there, so I'm guessing there is a warehouse nearby where the cars live while theyView attachment 770604 awaiting delivery.
That's also the carpark where the Canberra Centre's EV destination chargers are located - on Level 1, just before the exits.

Frequently in use these days, though!

Reactions: Mosesvii
  • The navigation map does not show your car facing forward at all times (like on google maps). So it can be a little disorientating sometimes. The turn by turn directions next to the map helped though. I'm sure there is setting to change this, I have not checked yet.
Congrats!!

Surely there is an option to change this to what you want. Any other owners confirm if this is correct?

Congrats!!

Surely there is an option to change this to what you want. Any other owners confirm if this is correct?
Yep, this threw me when i picked up the car. Its super easy to change though.

You tap the maps and near the top in the middle is either a small compass or a squiggly line. You then tap the icon and it toggles the rotation of the maps. You can have it just like google does if that is what you prefer.

Quick search and I found this. It's for the S, but is the same process for the new 3s. From memory though my icon wasn't persistent and wasn't at the top left. It's was however the same icon in the doco: Model S Owner's Manual | Tesla.

Edit: Here is the Model 3s manual: Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

Just got the holy sms. Pickup in Brisbane next weekend.
I also got this 5 pin socket fitted for $300. It is only single phase but i can use the adapter in other three phase sockets around Australia. Fitted by Joel from Limitless NRG Solutions on the Sunshine Coast, if you need a decent sparky.
The socket and RCD was only $90 from eBay.

Attachments

• B541183D-7798-4C59-B48F-132FFB7A6F0E.jpeg
    B541183D-7798-4C59-B48F-132FFB7A6F0E.jpeg
    468.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Mosesvii
Just got the holy sms. Pickup in Brisbane next weekend.
I also got this 5 pin socket fitted for $300. It is only single phase but i can use the adapter in other three phase sockets around Australia. Fitted by Joel from Limitless NRG Solutions on the Sunshine Coast, if you need a decent sparky.
The socket and RCD was only $90 from eBay.
What was your order date and invoice date ?

Morning Crystal cars are being delivered next week in Sydney, just got the delivery SMS this morning & locked in the earliest pick-up date, transferred the full invoice balance straight after that. A few more sleeps to go, also confirmed the ceramic tint booking right after the morning pickup. 😃
Congrats Billy! Mind if I ask when your delivery date is scheduled? We are on the same boat but in Chatswood. Still wait for the lord sms :(

• Funny
Reactions: invincibl
Hey all,
Newbie here, ordered my white M3LR a couple of weeks ago. Been perusing this thread, looks like a lot of chat about buying additional chargers. Noting that I'm happy just using the included wall charger (I don't need the Gen 3 wall charger), should I be looking at getting any others? Heard something about an Eevee charger? Any links I can read up on?

TIA :)

Congrats Billy! Mind if I ask when your delivery date is scheduled? We are on the same boat but in Chatswood. Still wait for the lord sms :(
The earliest available date is 24/02, which I had selected without hesitation. I had spoken with my SA yesterday afternoon, he confirmed most of the M3's offloaded from Crystal are still waiting at PK to be picked up by trucks, including mine. Each truck can only carrier 6 M3's, so it'll take a while, also the unloading order from the ship impacts the truck pickup time of the M3. But once an M3 is loaded onto a truck bounded for 1 of the Sydney delivery centres, the buyer should receive the delivery SMS. He told me to expect the sms either today or the latest Monday. Did you talk to your SA?

Hey all,
Newbie here, ordered my white M3LR a couple of weeks ago. Been perusing this thread, looks like a lot of chat about buying additional chargers. Noting that I'm happy just using the included wall charger (I don't need the Gen 3 wall charger), should I be looking at getting any others? Heard something about an Eevee charger? Any links I can read up on?

TIA :)

By: Rudi Cheow / Last Updated: 25 November 2021 posted this in a forum that I cannot now find so sorry if I am infringing his IP if anyone knows where the original is please update

Most people will be fine charging every night at home on 10a (normal plug) If you have 15mp plug you can get better speeds using the supplied tail with the UMC.

I have bought a Type2 to Type2 cable as across the road from work is a FREE charger that used this type so the $220 made sense.

I also have 3phase in the garage already for welding so the $120 for the 3 phase 5pin made sense for those time I need to charge fast. and I have family in the country with farms and they have these on there sheds so it is a 250km drive so we can drive charge faster and return same day. Also in WA there are very few supercharges but many Pubs, Showgrounds and industrial places with the 3phase. This is a 3Phase plug but the UMS only uses 1 phase so it delivers 7kW I cannot justify the $780 to get a Wall charger to go up to 11kW

My use case is 30km average a weekday and frequent 300km trips into semi rural location and I don't want to stay overnight every time at the rural locations.

Why might I want to charge faster at home? about once a month I will visit parents in rural local. So home early 4:00pm after 30km day shower, food, pack the car with family and gear then hit the road at 6:30. Suck down 7kw out of the solar batter that has been charging all day

Attachments

• Model3HomeChargingGuideAustralia.pdf
    910.1 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Yayyyy another Red one coming soon.

Mine is:
M3 LR
Red/White
OD - 08/12/2021
Status is delayed to Q2 at this point
#TeamRed

M3 LR
Red/Black
Ordered 4th of Jan.

My SA, who has always been super responsive, has told me earlier this week not to expect a car until the end of May due to the LR delays for orders from Nov and Dec. He said Tesla underestimated the LR demand and produced way less than the orders and hence all the delays. I am being patient and hoping that Tesla does a huge LR production run soon.