Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For us really unlucky people who ordered right after it changed over to 5-7 months (why oh why didn't I book the test drive the weekend before?)

Anyone know how long it usually takes to come up with an expected delivery date in your account? I ordered on the 19/2

I just want to see that 5-7 month date so I can forget about it and move on with my life for a bit lol

Hi everyone

For those interested, I got a call from my SA to provide an update on my expected delivery time.

Model: Performance, white with black interior
Ordered: 03/12/21
VIN: None
Expected delivery (on App): 8 - 12 weeks from order
Expected delivery (from SA): April - May

For us really unlucky people who ordered right after it changed over to 5-7 months (why oh why didn't I book the test drive the weekend before?)

Anyone know how long it usually takes to come up with an expected delivery date in your account? I ordered on the 19/2

I just want to see that 5-7 month date so I can forget about it and move on with my life for a bit lol
Generic EDDs like those don't tend to mean much from what I've gathered. For what it's worth, my EDD never appeared in my account or app until I got a delivery window (mine was 9/02 - 23/02).

So it's possible you won't see a date for a while

Reactions: Rowanhs
Ordered a M3, stock standard (white outside, black inside, normal wheels and base model) on 12/2. A week later the delivery estimate blew out to 5-7 months. My account still says 14-20 weeks. What does the brains trust think? Am I going to get bumped back to 5-7 months? Haven't heard a peep from SA.

Ordered a M3, stock standard (white outside, black inside, normal wheels and base model) on 12/2. A week later the delivery estimate blew out to 5-7 months. My account still says 14-20 weeks. What does the brains trust think? Am I going to get bumped back to 5-7 months? Haven't heard a peep from SA.
It is very hard to say.
I would trust your dates in the app and considering you got the most common spec they are more likely to build enough to cover that.
Another benefit of having that spec is you are more likely to be bumped up if there are cancellations. Just remember there will be people in front of you.

With all of this though the system isn't 100% and you may be in for a delay but fingers crossed you will be ok.

EDIT: Oh and congratulations on your new order.

Seems as a lot of people are gearing up for delivery, it's probably a good time to remind people about TOCA membership! Tesla Owners Club of Australia

Members get discounts at over 60 companies across Australia - accessories, cables, tinting/wrapping, accommodation, solar installers and more.

I'm about to buy my Type 2 cable and with the TOCA discount from the vendor its $35 off. I'll get another ~$15 off with the accessories I'm going to order. So that will cover my first years membership ($50). If I was getting tint or PPF the discounts available would almost pay for 1-2 years of membership (except there aren't any in Hobart, but the major cities are covered!).

Same here. Got my VIN on the 10/2, EDD between the 12th-26th March but still no invoice. They say it can take a couple of weeks.

Regards,
Stephen
There are many cars being delivered and an apparent backlog. You can ask your SA for the final invoice but it will probably still take a week or so. It's a busy time but it's coming especially if you have a RWD on order.

Reactions: whmacs