Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly, and this is just my assumption, but it could also be that Tesla is focussing its chips on the US and Europe market that's way bigger than Oz. For instance, you have two giga factories in US (Freemont and Texas), those two would suck maybe 40-50% of the chips?
Correct me if im wrong but the 2 USA factories only build for USA where China builds for the rest of the world.

How does China's output for M3 compare to the USA factories?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220308-092059_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220308-092059_Samsung Internet.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: PcS000
Another reason that may be why LR and Ps are delayed could be due to the batteries

RWD has LiFePhos chemistry and can be may from fairly common materials
While the LR and P need nickel and cobalt, which are quite rare.
Also the price of nickel has gone through the roof recently as the main supplier is Russia
I'd expect LR and Ps may get quite expensive to make soon

Reactions: PICCOLOFLYERR
While the LR and P need nickel and cobalt, which are quite rare.
Also the price of nickel has gone through the roof recently as the main supplier is Russia
I'd expect LR and Ps may get quite expensive to make soon
This.

If you're waiting for an LR or P, as a way of passing the time start to monitor the price of Nickel and keep reminding yourself about how clever you were to lock your price in. I saw an analyst report yesterday that the recent jump in the price of Nickel alone has added an estimated $400M/year in cost to Tesla.

This.

If you're waiting for an LR or P, as a way of passing the time start to monitor the price of Nickel and keep reminding yourself about how clever you were to lock your price in. I saw an analyst report yesterday that the recent jump in the price of Nickel alone has added an estimated $400M/year in cost to Tesla.
WOW. I order a M3P in Nov 21 and hope that its on the Morning Clara. May have to keep the sentry mode on to thwart would be Nickel thieves.