Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Main suggestion is to get your flat tyre plan organised.

Many owners get a compact air compressor (about $50 on Amazon) since you won't need to be taking the car to petrol stations any more.

Also worth keeping a tyre plug kit in the car (around $30)
Where do you guys drive that requires you to have a tyre repair kit handy? I haven't had an actual flat in years.

Where do you guys drive that requires you to have a tyre repair kit handy? I haven't had an actual flat in years.
my tyre problems have been mostly nails and screws from building sites near my home, and a couple of scrapes on the metal edge of a stormwater drain a few doors from my house
most plugged but last year my current car had a big nail through the side wall, so was replaced
that said, I bought a space saver wheel + tyre when I got the current car - it came with run-flats, but has a space under the boot for the spare
I've never used them in three years

Reactions: PcS000
Man, you Cray Cray. If she opens the check book - you take the opportunity. Never know when it'll slam shut again 🤣🤣
You have a Minister of Home Finance? Hand over your Man Card..
I will have to delete this post and Google history in case my wife checks...

I only have interior accessories so far, rubber mats, rubber cup holder inserts, boot hanger and wheel nut covers if I remove aero covers.
All from ebay and Amazon, just went for bargains (as regulated by my own minister of home affairs).

Don't have any charging cables, wall chargers etc, going to wait till I get the actual car and decide on those, I don't have 3 phase power so it kind of rule out some charging options there.

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Lyth
/
Not really, the wall charger works fine on single phase too. On single phase it maxes out at 7kW (on a 32A circuit) as opposed to 11kW on a 3 phase 16A circuit.
You may prefer the wall charger for convenience so it is still worthwhile but just for completeness, you can get 7kW of charging from the UMC supplied with your car if you use a "tail" designed to fit the the plug you have/had installed (5 pin 32A 3 phase plug being the most common).

You have a Minister of Home Finance? Hand over your Man Card..
I will have to delete this post and Google history in case my wife checks...

I only have interior accessories so far, rubber mats, rubber cup holder inserts, boot hanger and wheel nut covers if I remove aero covers.
All from ebay and Amazon, just went for bargains (as regulated by my own minister of home affairs).

Don't have any charging cables, wall chargers etc, going to wait till I get the actual car and decide on those, I don't have 3 phase power so it kind of rule out some charging options there.
Just get a 15amp GPO installed. The tesla comes with a 15 amp tail. If you're topping it up after each drive, you're getting 25km/h. i don't know about you guys but a round trip to the office for the days i go in is approx. 50km and it will take me 2 hrs to regain that charge.

It's nice to have 7kW but i honestly think everyone is over compensating (or future proofing i guess?). Even if you have solar (with no battery) and you're charging during daylight hours, 7kw is more than likely going to be pulling from the grid.

i know 3 tesla owners near me that only use the 10amp tail and have literally never had an issue with charge

Just get a 15amp GPO installed. The tesla comes with a 15 amp tail. If you're topping it up after each drive, you're getting 25km/h. i don't know about you guys but a round trip to the office for the days i go in is approx. 50km and it will take me 2 hrs to regain that charge.

It's nice to have 7kW but i honestly think everyone is over compensating (or future proofing i guess?). Even if you have solar (with no battery) and you're charging during daylight hours, 7kw is more than likely going to be pulling from the grid.

i know 3 tesla owners near me that only use the 10amp tail and have literally never had an issue with charge
I do less than 40km per day on average, I am planning to live on UMC (10km/hr) with overnight off-peak charging everyday or two. I do have solar but will be at work during the day so won't help. Occasional charging at nearby shopping centres. Upgrade only if life becomes too difficult with such practice.

Reactions: tagpro

Second this- I've got a 15amp GPO installed- cheap, easy and plenty of charge, I drive approx. 500-600km per week! I get 8 hours off peak over night x 3kw = 24kw/ 40 odd % at about 12c per kw.

I do less than 40km per day on average, I am planning to live on UMC (10km/hr) with overnight off-peak charging everyday or two. I do have solar but will be at work during the day so won't help. Occasional charging at nearby shopping centres. Upgrade only if life becomes too difficult with such practice.
SAME! I don't think I need it for day to day. And I'll use Superchargers/chargefox/etc. on a trip which I will actually do anyways