Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going with NRMA and also tossing up what to do. The 2 yrs replacement for a write off is only if not at fault and NRMA can claim against the other parties insurance. If they are uninsured or a tree falls on your car, assuming written off then it doesn't apply. In that case you get market value which might be significantly under replacement cost. Insurance is full of fine print.
Hmmm not sure that is actually correct. See the attached Terms and Conditions page 32 for this.
Must say the only words that worry me are currently available in Australia, but if push comes to shove, as Nobody Famous says above market value will at least what you paid for it or more.

1647568837034.png

Last edited:
Hmmm not sure that is actually correct. See the attached Terms and Conditions page 32 for this.
Must say the only words that worry me are currently available in Australia, but if push comes to shove, as Nobody Famous says above market value will at least what you paid for it or more.

View attachment 782407
yep you are correct. I am not sure where I was reading could have been another insurance company duh! Anyway I also did a quote on market value or agreed value $60k or $67k and it was only $80 difference. Would choose agreed value for that difference.

Reactions: Benzz
Market value of as new 2022 RWD is $79k😄. Not many Model 3 in the used market below New price, even at 3 years old. Can't see how an insurer could short change on market value policy in this market.
Yep, but I asked somebody on their chat and all they could give me was that "We determine market value over a range of factors including industry data, condition of the car" blah blah, which I read as "we'll use this to ensure you're out of pocket." ... it's an extra $113 in premium for agreed value so think Ima just stick with that.

Nope months.. I placed my order and paid the deposit in November 2021
Unfortunately, for reasons we can only speculate, Long Range Model 3s seem to be taking longer to arrive than standard or RWD versions. It doesn’t help that Australia orders quadrupled from 2020 to 2021 and all manufacturers are facing parts shortages including computer chips. Given the constraints Tesla may be choosing to make more RWD versions as each one uses fewer battery cells, but as I said that is only speculation.

Well, Just about time for me to depart this waiting room as my delivery is scheduled for first thing next week. Since joining this forum early Jan after placing my order mid December. I've found that i'm not the only impatient bastard out there 😂. Was nice to find a bunch of like minded people going through what i was going through. It has been a great little community and to all the new guys/gals that have joined, you'll find some comfort in here.
Another huge shoutout to @Vedaprime for the service he/she provides. If you want to dig deeper than what you find on here, highly recommend joining the discord. I only joined for a month and was able to soak up enough knowledge that i didn't feel the need to renew. If you do the same, ensure you follow the rules :)

Lessons learnt

- The Tesla order waiting period is a roller coaster
- Take what your SA says with a grain of salt (If you even get assigned one). Some seem to be better than others so i recommend cross referencing information on here
- The EDD you are given in the app can & will change/dissapear multiple times
- Order date has NOTHING to do with Vin allocation date

I wish you all the best of luck and hope to give you the tesla wave on the roads in bris in the future. DAL333 out.
Good luck out there! I'll be leaving this forum soon too — all accessories purchased, charger installed and car to be picked up in about 11 days.

A few more lessons for anyone else out there — your final specific delivery date is about luck. People who ordered the same car as I did just a day or two earlier got their cars in February, and other people who ordered at the same time (like DAL333 here!) are getting theirs a week before me. Just unlucky on both counts, but in the long run it's not important. (Unless you ordered an LR, sincere commiserations there.)

The best thing you can do is honestly try not to think about it, and just wait until you receive some official communications from Tesla, like a narrowing of your delivery date. Once you receive a two-week window, it's getting close. In the meantime, you've got time to wait for slow AliExpress deliveries for those fancy floor mats.

There are many reasons your car might be delayed, but they're completely out of your control, and the EDD in the app might be accurate, or it might not. Delays happen with other cars too, and you simply never find out about them. Being better informed doesn't mean you can change anything, and these are weird times, with pandemics, and chip shortages, and inflation... it's messy. See you on the road!

I ordered my model 3 long range on 15/11/21 in Brisbane, I think I have a VIN number on my account (RNXXXXXXXXX number?) When I ordered it, I was told I was on the list for the Feb/March shipment, but got a call that delivery has been delayed until late May.
The app no longer shows a estimated weeks range, and when I log into my account it just says that they will reach out with the final invoice.

How long roughly before the actual delivery do they send out the final invoice? I am worried that maybe I keep getting bumped because I haven't paid the final invoice I never received.

I’ll see if I can help you out a little here.
The Long Range and Performance models had very few built in Jan and Feb.
Unfortunately for both you and me that means we missed out and will have to wait and see what April brings for builds.
Cars will get allocated a VIN anywhere from straight out of the factory to on the ship heading to Aus.

There were a lot of LR and P orders that got bumped to Q2 and that’s what the phone call stating May delivery was for.
Next builds will be early-mid April so fingers crossed you are first in line for one of those.

I’ll see if I can help you out a little here.
The Long Range and Performance models had very few built in Jan and Feb.
Unfortunately for both you and me that means we missed out and will have to wait and see what April brings for builds.
Cars will get allocated a VIN anywhere from straight out of the factory to on the ship heading to Aus.

There were a lot of LR and P orders that got bumped to Q2 and that’s what the phone call stating May delivery was for.
Next builds will be early-mid April so fingers crossed you are first in line for one of those.

Oh boy, as someone who ordered an LR in early Feb I don't have high hopes of the 14-20 week estimate holding true... I'll be a bit sad if they bump the Q1 orders to Q3 delivery