Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t. I have spoken with two Tesla staff, on the phone. One in Sydney, who checked a few things for me. She then got the Canberra office to also then contact me. I spoke with my actual SA there and he then sent me an email confirming everything. He called me back a week later to see if I had anymore questions.

Truthfully this forum has kept my sanity in-check. I know it’s still going to be a little while longer but the car will eventually get here. Me losing at someone won’t help the car get here any quicker.
I agree. Loosing it only alienates, and could conceivably push order down the queue.
My order date Feb 8, and still mid way to EDD, so no reason to be frustrated yet anyway.
However, communication with Tesla staff has been negligible. my SA [in Canberra] confirmed the order, and has only responded to my follow up email a month later. Nothing since. I live in QLD and so I rang the BNE office about two weeks ago, and had a courteous though markedly neutral, non committal platitude. so this forum has been a benefit in awareness, knowledge and information.
I gues the car will come when its landed here. till then Just waiting.....

Reactions: PcS000
Question for those who have already received their M3’s and live in Brisbane: Has anyone had any success getting an etag to work when placed in the centre console instead of on the windscreen?
I recently watched a video where I noticed that person had mounted their etag on the glass near the centre roof cross member. That seemed like a good idea to me but I haven’t ever needed an etag, so in reality it might be a stupid idea…

Hi All,
I have placed an order M3LR today but I reconsidering whether to change it to M3 RWD as I have been told that RWD is coming with a better battery in LFP where you can charge to 100% compared to 80-90% for NCA in LR ones and LFP have better degradation as well and also with NSW EV rebate price difference is about 15k, So any recommendations from RWD and LR owners what are the real world driving figures...when I test drove both LR was def quicker but RWD was quick enough for me...so advise guys

Hi All,
I have placed an order M3LR today but I reconsidering whether to change it to M3 RWD as I have been told that RWD is coming with a better battery in LFP where you can charge to 100% compared to 80-90% for NCA in LR ones and LFP have better degradation as well and also with NSW EV rebate price difference is about 15k, So any recommendations from RWD and LR owners what are the real world driving figures...when I test drove both LR was def quicker but RWD was quick enough for me...so advise guys
Yes the LFP battery is already in current RWD model 3s. It can be charged to 100% everyday and it is recommended. LFP batteries also last around 4 times as long as NCA in charge discharge cycles. It's estimated to last 1million miles(1.6m KMs). Yes degredation is slower than NCAs.

LFP batteries also don't use cobalt, which is mined in Congo via extremely exploitative practices, including child labor, if you care about that stuff.

Having tried both during testdrive I chose the RWD because I'm in NSW and I like free money

Yes the LFP battery is already in current RWD model 3s. It can be charged to 100% everyday and it is recommended. LFP batteries also last around 4 times as long as NCA in charge discharge cycles. It's estimated to last 1million miles(1.6m KMs). Yes degredation is slower than NCAs.

LFP batteries also don't use cobalt, which is mined in Congo via extremely exploitative practices, including child labor, if you care about that stuff.

Having tried both during testdrive I chose the RWD because I'm in NSW and I like free money
Ha nice congrats on your new purchase I am also keen on the real world kms for each of these models looking at stats and 100% charge should be more or less similar would be good to know from daily drivers of both the models

Also today I have been told that Aus may only get RWD model Y and performance model Y as AWD option by Tesla rep, so this begs the question if they will do the same for M3 in the future to have just RWD and Performance as AWD option....if that happens then LR will become a rare commodity here in AUS thus more valuable

Also today I have been told that Aus may only get RWD model Y and performance model Y as AWD option by Tesla rep, so this begs the question if they will do the same for M3 in the future to have just RWD and Performance as AWD option....if that happens then LR will become a rare commodity here in AUS thus more valuable
Currently all m3s are a rare commodity and are more valuable.

Question for those who have already received their M3’s and live in Brisbane: Has anyone had any success getting an etag to work when placed in the centre console instead of on the windscreen?
Saw a post on Facebook where someone said they had theirs stuck to the underside of the centre console lid, I think it was Melbourne though, so I don't know if the etags are different here. I plan on trying mine there to see how it goes. I'll be needing it on the way home from the distribution centre so I'll know pretty quickly if it works or not.

Reactions: Luddo
I found this video today on M3LR its mad if you can get so much range 640KM on single charge...
I need to find similar video on RWD M3 to see how much max it can go
With the a/c off and driving around at 60km/h like Bjorn in the video, you'll probably get 440kms out of a RWD.

Driving normally at 110km/h with the A/C on you could get 400km out of a RWD M3. If you're good doing 4 hours per drive and don't need a toilet stop, then a LR is probably right for you.

With the a/c off and driving around at 60km/h like Bjorn in the video, you'll probably get 440kms out of a RWD.
ABRP suggests a RWD TM3 will get somewhere like 550 km which is what I would think seeing the LR could get 640km. But who is really going to do 60kmh on such a long drive. Would go crazy. I reckon Bjorn is wasting his time doing these tests, better to keep it real world.

Reactions: Maximillan