Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know what contributes to the delay for CBR cars? Perhaps Port Kembla -> SYD -> CBR ??

If any Q1 delivered owners in Canberra could comment on the time between arrival at PK and delivery that outs be greatly appreciated!
I don't know exact reason, it's probably because Sydney is closer to port Kembla? But the consensus on the whirlpool forums seem to be as such as well as is said by Vedaprime. Hes been tracking VINs on ships.

If you are in Canberra, it is strongly advised to pick up Sydney as this is much faster.

A part of me is ok with the wait and hoping I will get a 2023 spec with a LFP battery upgrade as I understand the 2022 Performance spec still doesn't have the LFP
As I understand it, they are very unlikely to put LFP batteries in performance models as they are too heavy and cripple the 0-100 speeds.. additionally, the power output is slightly lower on LFP… they could modify the LFP chemistry for better performance, but I doubt it.
It could come to long range maybe, but again the extra weight could make all the difference for actually achieving longer ranges.

Reactions: moa999
As I understand it, they are very unlikely to put LFP batteries in performance models as they are too heavy and cripple the 0-100 speeds.. additionally, the power output is slightly lower on LFP… they could modify the LFP chemistry for better performance, but I doubt it.
It could come to long range maybe, but again the extra weight could make all the difference for actually achieving longer ranges.
Also physical volume, the 60kWh LFP pack takes up basically the same amount of space as the LR/performance pack, unless they improve energy density there will be no LFP long range or performance pack unless you make it taller.

Reactions: cafz
Today. But it won't be too far into the future when LFP batteries surpass lithium turnery batteries capacity and density.

First post and joining the cue!

Ordered 6th May 2022
Model 3 Performance
Midnight silver

Might clean the garage one inch at a time so it's ready for the 9-12 month delivery estimate
Congratulations on joining the wait! 😆

I'd encourage you to add your order to this M3 Tracker that's been going around. I've found it helpful to get a bit of reference where things are at.
I've even added this to my forum signature, hopefully this helps get more orders on this list! Feel free to copy and paste it into your signatures too.

Model 3 Tracker | Form: bit.ly/3P3d8Cc | Results: bit.ly/3PfHmlI

P.S. Be sure to use the temporary filter, and filter by Country and have 'Other' selected

Reactions: Loxmyf
There is talk of sulphur batteries in development. It has incredible energy density, think 200-300kw batteries. And is extremely abundant material. Could be promising, as its development is currently further along than sodium batteries.

I think NCA batteries will be the first to be phased out.

There is talk of sulphur batteries in development. It has incredible energy density, think 200-300kw batteries. And is extremely abundant material. Could be promising, as its development is currently further along than sodium batteries.

I think NCA batteries will be the first to be phased out.
Aluminium Ion batteries and graphene coating is looking pretty amazing too. I'm not sure how good it is from a high end performance perspective. But for affordability, durability, sustainability and ethical production it's looking pretty amazing. Their production model is amazing too. Producing graphene from Methane. They take a greenhouse gas and pull the carbon out of it. Don't even need to mine graphite. Pretty amazing. Imagine making a hugely damaging byproduct of industry a commodity.

Reactions: PcS000
Do you know what contributes to the delay for CBR cars? Perhaps Port Kembla -> SYD -> CBR ??

If any Q1 delivered owners in Canberra could comment on the time between arrival at PK and delivery that outs be greatly appreciated!
I don't think the delay is that great.
In Q1, a ship docked at PK roughly on March 12.
My car was one of the last to be picked up on March 26 (2 weeks).
Others in Canberra were picking up earlier than me by about a week and seemed to be on par with Sydney deliveries.
I don't think the carrier's go from PK to Syd to CBR, they should come straight to CBR.

I found the car to be not detailed as nice as it could have been. There was a layer of dust everywhere.
A quick wash and wax certainly helped.

Hopefully that helps

Reactions: Braz
Ordered a M3 RWD
Deep Blue / Black interior
Order date 14/04/22

I'm keeping a close watch on everything I read here and actually learning a lot from this community so huge thanks to you all.
It goes without saying, I'm not expecting anything until Oct/Nov. I hope all of you who are expecting receive great news soon! 👍🏼