Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to pay for the car before it arrives if it does arrive after 1st July? Really like the car but only purchased my m3p for tax reasons and don't want to have to buy something else instead 😭
Not that I've heard of - you have to pay for it ahead of delivery day however you can't pay until you receive your final invoice. You can't choose when that happens.

I was told that VINs are allocated before the car is built and assigned until after it's built. Has this changed to allocate after loading ?
Not sure we've ever known exactly what the process really is. The vin is created before before the car is built, but when that VIN is assigned to the buyer is unknown.
And processes change. With the supply chain issues it wouldn't surprise me if they were building whatever they have the parts to build and then telling Australian head office what they are getting as its loaded onto the ship. If the Shanghai lockdown caused them not to receive the battery packs from the gigafactory in Nevada (I think that's still where the cells for LR & P are made) we could see nothing but RWDs roll off the boat when it arrives.
Not saying that's what's happened but in these unusual times processes change to accommodate a changing world.

Reactions: Cmoney991
Not sure we've ever known exactly what the process really is. The vin is created before before the car is built, but when that VIN is assigned to the buyer is unknown.
And processes change. With the supply chain issues it wouldn't surprise me if they were building whatever they have the parts to build and then telling Australian head office what they are getting as its loaded onto the ship. If the Shanghai lockdown caused them not to receive the battery packs from the gigafactory in Nevada (I think that's still where the cells for LR & P are made) we could see nothing but RWDs roll off the boat when it arrives.
Not saying that's what's happened but in these unusual times processes change to accommodate a changing world.
There is certainly a chance they are only LFP battery cars given the supply issues of nickel and cobalt right now.

Aren't Tesla batteries manufactured by Panasonic, LG and CATL?

Having an optimistic or pessimistic view won't impact the universe at all. It'll only impact your own outlook in life and therefore wellbeing.

Come on, however long the wait, we're going to be driving brand spanking Teslas on the near(ish) future! We've made a bunch of cool new friends on here to wildly speculate with and who offer support aplenty! We'll get there!

I remember like 8 years ago there was a Tesla pop up in my local shopping centre. Ever since then i have been all "mannnn i want a Tesla!". For most of those years, that was simply never going to happen in my mind. And now it is! **** yeh!
My first encounter with Tesla was in Honolulu about 4 years ago. Wife saw the gull-wing doors on a Y [or an X] and loved the car. We were offered a test drive in LHD car and declined, though they forwarded our inquiry to Brisbane and we did our first test about a year later. Took some time to save [and to justify] so second test drive in Canberra in Feb and signed up for our M3LR.

I was told that VINs are allocated before the car is built and assigned until after it's built. Has this changed to allocate after loading ?
In the past VINs have been allocated both before the cars were on the ship and while the cars were at sea. And obviously some after arrival in Aus, back in the far off days when there were more cars brought in than had been ordered!

Reactions: DrewBytes
Just had a call from Plenti as my 90 days is fast approaching and they have confirmed that the interest rate has increased from the 2.99% to 3.99%. Spoke to my SA in Brisbane and they are easily able to switch providers on the system and I'll be doing a Macquarie application now to lock in the lower rate. YMMV

Reactions: penn_