Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's curious is why some of us haven't received a call or email as yet?

I'm doubtful it's a case of no news is good news, more that the SA haven't had time or potentially just haven't bothered.

Maybe there's a trend with some specific parts? Mines just a RWD, White, black, 18, No FSD.

Pretty disappointing If it's delayed..
The only silver lining is if theres any feature changes we might get them

Supposed we could also loose things if Tesla decide to remove them.. Maybe they'll decide usage on the reverse drive was super low too 😂
The only trend i could see (before getting yelled at by that New Zealander for trying to spot trends. Haha! And then getting yelled at for critical thinking and the whole 'burden of proof being on people who make the claim' caper.. which... For the record it absolutely is!) Was that early reports were mostly midnight silver and blue cars. Since then i have spotted a fair few whites though. But now i am thinking it's probably everyone.

Though i still haven't got a call. And the "no orders for Q2" claim doesn't necessarily play out in that email which sounds like a good way to appease an upset customer - telling them it's everyone and then not putting that in writing. Nor does a September delivery play out. Nor does the more extreme end of the pessimism spectrum's "Q4 or maybe 2023" prediction.

• Funny
Reactions: backle and penn_
The only trend i could see (before getting yelled at by that New Zealander for trying to spot trends. Haha! And then getting yelled at for critical thinking and the whole 'burden of proof being on people who make the claim' caper.. which... For the record it absolutely is!) Was that early reports were mostly midnight silver and blue cars. Since then i have spotted a fair few whites though. But now i am thinking it's probably everyone.

Though i still haven't got a call. And the "no orders for Q2" claim doesn't necessarily play out in that email which sounds like a good way to appease an upset customer - telling them it's everyone and then not putting that in writing. Nor does a September delivery play out. Nor does the more extreme end of the pessimism spectrum's "Q4 or maybe 2023" prediction.
I was clearly told “no orders for Q2”. Also that the OZ team only got the update yesterday and NZ got it a couple of days earlier.

I was clearly told “no orders for Q2”. Also that the OZ team only got the update yesterday and NZ got it a couple of days earlier.
Hey man. Your situation sucks for sure. But many people got deliveries since yours (Tassie and SA got more deliveries in that period which is likely why we don't see much representation of them in here). Plus your location's Q1 delivery window coincided with the floods. There was an article about delivery issues due to the floods. I will try and find for you.

And for us with an EDD window of May-June, delaying by just 3 weeks puts us into Q3. And June puts us into the predefined 6-9 month bracket. We're just trying to get the facts on the table at this juncture. So we all have a better knowledge of what the situation actually looks like.

Reactions: jacko306
Yes a 3 week lockdown where they didn’t produce cars should have only delayed our cars by 3 weeks not months
But it doesn't because of Tesla's policy to have as few as possible cars in inventory at the end of the quarter.
It's a fairly tight window for Aus deliveries, so someone in the US or China seemingly decided it was simpler just to strike a line through all that production.

Reactions: Maximillan
As the “earliest orderer” to my knowledge, I am getting increasingly pissed off.
Since I ordered my car on 06/11/2021, basically every month I have received the news that it will be delayed another month (or more).
The only real manufacting delay in that time was the three week shutdown, yet here I am still looking at possibly a 14+ week for my car.
This will be only my second brand new car in 45+ years of driving, the first being 1981 Datsun Bluebird, so I have been dealing looking forward to taking delivery.
As someone else said, the car is great, but the company leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
I ordered my lr on 16/1 and I’m angry and frustrated so you must be just about ready to punch some holes in your walls by now.
One point I’d like to put out there though is even though the full shutdown was only 3 weeks it seems there are ongoing supply chain issues which are making it difficult for Tesla to ramp up to full production. Tesla say they anticipate they will be back to full production in the second half of the year. Given the Chinese Govs stubbiness to give up on their zero case policy what are the chances of full production happening anytime soon? Also it seems Tesla are prioritising the Chinese and European markets over the NZ and Aus markets. There is apparently a ship on its way to Europe now with Teslas on board. Sorry for being my negative self but but I’m thinking if Tesla can’t reach full production in the second half of the year and they continue to prioritise the Chinese and European markets, will we get pushed into 2023?

I ordered my lr on 16/1 and I’m angry and frustrated so you must be just about ready to punch some holes in your walls by now.
One point I’d like to put out there though is even though the full shutdown was only 3 weeks it seems there are ongoing supply chain issues which are making it difficult for Tesla to ramp up to full production. Tesla say they anticipate they will be back to full production in the second half of the year. Given the Chinese Govs stubbiness to give up on their zero case policy what are the chances of full production happening anytime soon? Also it seems Tesla are prioritising the Chinese and European markets over the NZ and Aus markets. There is apparently a ship on its way to Europe now with Teslas on board. Sorry for being my negative self but but I’m thinking if Tesla can’t reach full production in the second half of the year and they continue to prioritise the Chinese and European markets, will we get pushed into 2023?
But you're still in the 14-20 week window aren't you? I feel you though, because it won't be here before Week 20.

Does make you wonder….

Still waiting for my call! Would just like an official notice so I can do other things with our cash.

It’s mildly disappointing Europe is getting cars and we aren’t, but such is life. Ultimately I want mine before February 2023 when I start a new job and will need a vehicle.

Had my call about 9am this morning - same same.
Although the SA (Brisbane) did stress that there is no indication at all whether its early H2 or late H2. Then said hopefully more information soon as they update our dates/timeframes online after they hear some more themselves.
Price locked in.

Also said most people they contacted had been disappointed but hadn't blamed the SA for the bad news. Obviously it indicates that some conversations were 'exciting'.

Time to back to lurking for a few months at least.

Vessels,, eg Turandot and MorningClara as well as others, we [especially hoopyfrood] has been monitoring closely for months are mainly operated by Armacup. Armacup still have voyages [Don Juan 9/6, Morning Crystal 13/6] scheduled from Shanghai during June. Undoubtedly they carry vehicles [and forklifts} for other makers with production difficulties as well. However, my questions then - is Armacup the only operator of ROROs to Australia [oh, and NZ]? what other carriers are on offer? will they send empty ships??[Unlikely.]

Thanks Penn, but no on my app, nor my account.
Maybe mgfletcher

is right about distance from city
Just to clarify. neither my account page nor my mobile app have ANY reference to EDD.
The consistent and unchanging entry since i ordered - "
Next Steps
We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account. Following this, a delivery representative will contact you to arrange final payment."