Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to clarify. neither my account page nor my mobile app have ANY reference to EDD.
The consistent and unchanging entry since i ordered - "
Next Steps
We will shortly upload a copy of your final invoice to your Tesla account. Following this, a delivery representative will contact you to arrange final payment."
rtvanda, just wondered if your SA has an EDD for your order at their end?

I reached out to my SA, she's said they're doing the rounds currently.

I specifically asked about is it some vehicles or a blanket "No ships to AU"

Response seemed like a macro "We anticipate production to return to full scale soon with our market receive vehicles in the second half of 2022."

I asked for clarification on second half 2022 because that's a mighty big range, asked if we're talking July, or September +

Suppose it'll depend if they just bump us all to Q3 standard production run or play catch-up.

Shanghi lockdown I understand, but I should have got my car Q1, but for their failed production quantity control. Then for them to say yeah, no cars for Oz, even those that missed Q1. It's not like they didn't make any cars in April; they made a lot!
Yeah, it feels like they should definitely have prioritised production for those LR / P buyers who missed Q1 deliveries due to whatever production mistake happened there.

As the “earliest orderer” to my knowledge, I am getting increasingly pissed off.
Since I ordered my car on 06/11/2021, basically every month I have received the news that it will be delayed another month (or more).
The only real manufacting delay in that time was the three week shutdown, yet here I am still looking at possibly a 14+ week for my car.
This will be only my second brand new car in 45+ years of driving, the first being 1981 Datsun Bluebird, so I have been dealing looking forward to taking delivery.
As someone else said, the car is great, but the company leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
I sympathize also. But I remember when I bought the VW in Brisbane CBD a few years ago, driving to Springwood (20k) to look at it because they could sell every single one they got delivered. We have to remember Australia is a “forgotten land” when it comes to cars and deliveries, particularly since Covid-19.

Vessels,, eg Turandot and MorningClara as well as others, we [especially hoopyfrood] has been monitoring closely for months are mainly operated by Armacup. Armacup still have voyages [Don Juan 9/6, Morning Crystal 13/6] scheduled from Shanghai during June. Undoubtedly they carry vehicles [and forklifts} for other makers with production difficulties as well. However, my questions then - is Armacup the only operator of ROROs to Australia [oh, and NZ]? what other carriers are on offer? will they send empty ships??[Unlikely.]
The Turandot has just left South Korea headed for Brisbane. No Tesla‘s get off-loaded in Brisbane so it is probably full of Hyunda’s.

The Morning Clara arrives in June so it’s probably not that either.

In terms of whether people got there cars, I think it depends on what people ordered. My mate got his RWD which was ordered after old_gees ordered his Performance. Obviously they were not making enough P at the time.

Vessels,, eg Turandot and MorningClara as well as others, we [especially hoopyfrood] has been monitoring closely for months are mainly operated by Armacup. Armacup still have voyages [Don Juan 9/6, Morning Crystal 13/6] scheduled from Shanghai during June. Undoubtedly they carry vehicles [and forklifts} for other makers with production difficulties as well. However, my questions then - is Armacup the only operator of ROROs to Australia [oh, and NZ]? what other carriers are on offer? will they send empty ships??[Unlikely.]
I do love the ship watching! But in the end, the real winner today is forklifts.

The Turandot has just left South Korea headed for Brisbane. No Tesla‘s get off-loaded in Brisbane so it is probably full of Hyunda’s.

The Morning Clara arrives in June so it’s probably not that either.

In terms of whether people got there cars, I think it depends on what people ordered. My mate got his RWD which was ordered after old_gees ordered his Performance. Obviously they were not making enough P at the time.
I think we can fairly safely say there are probably no Teslas on Turandot. But with all the maximum confusion, it would be pretty funny if it was full of Teslas and nobody had any clue because communication was such a clusterfuck. If i have learned anything over the past few years, it's that anything can happen at any time.

Reactions: rtvanda
worse still is one of my friends ordered an M3P white/white one month after me (on my recommendation).
His was delivered Feb 28.
If my mates Blue RWD he got in the Feb shipment was a P model, you would have had yours and he would have missed out. Better still, if you had ordered a white/white P he wouldn’t have his and you would have yours. However I can understand your frustration, particularly as he got his but you didn’t. Because I ordered a LR in Feb, had I ordered earlier it probably would not have mattered, I still would be waiting.

I think we can fairly safely say there are probably no Teslas on Turandot. But with all the maximum confusion, it would be pretty funny if it was full of Teslas and nobody had any clue because communication was such a clusterfuck. If i have learned anything over the past few years, it's that anything can happen at any time.
My DW’s boss always says that when traveling, expect the unexpected.

Also i couldn't help checking Turandot. It's draught increased by 0.1 again. No dip. So our forklifts/Santa Fe's/magical phantom Teslas they accidentally loaded thinking they were off to Europe are still aboard. Off to Brisbane (which is currently flooding again *sighs at the doom*) and then Sunny Port Kembla.