Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know why Aus has the longest delays? Our of curiosity I flicked the order country to various others like Singapore, New Zealand etc. And it seems Aus is the longest. Even NZ is showing a current wait time of 6-9 months VS our 9-12.
Model Y wait times in the US is now 12 months. All manufacturers are having the same issues. My partner was looking at a Kia Carnival ICE and the dealer said it was a 13 month wait..

Model Y wait times in the US is now 12 months. All manufacturers are having the same issues. My partner was looking at a Kia Carnival ICE and the dealer said it was a 13 month wait..

Model Y may be different but the wait time for a M3P in US is June - Aug, some countries were only 4-8 weeks. I get global problems but it still seems that AUS has the longest delays by a decent margin. All models are 9-12, NZ for a M3P or M3LR are 6-9. Big difference in time for cars that are essential built and transported to the same part of the world.

Are there other Aus issues (regulatory?) That are slowing it down?

06/01 LR order here - like deliveries, does there seem to be any order in who they’re calling re. Q2 deliveries? I’m 18 weeks in to my 14-20 week wait and haven’t heard a peep. I’m surprised that those nearing the end of their originally agreed delivery window aren’t hearing about this promptly! I’ve spent 18 weeks desperately excited but the last two days have been really disappointing
I ordered on 11/1 and got a phone call and email last Friday 13/5. I was told more information would appear in my account in a few weeks.

I received a call today from Tesla to advise that delays will push our order into July/August. We ordered on January 4th.
Unfortunately, they do not know anything, except second half of this year. They informed me that My order, from December, would most likely be deliver November/December. They also said their quarter deliveries range from mid to late in the cycle. They summarised by saying Q3 late August to end of September, but not likely. Q4 delivery late November to end of December.

I got the call today too. I feel like I'm late to the party ;). Nothing new - but I did find it funny that my email came through with:

'I can see that you placed your order on (insert date) so I understand that you were expecting delivery soon, however we want to assure you that our team are doing everything possible to resume normal operations. We will continue to prioritise deliveries based on order placed date, location and configuration and provide further delivery timing updates as soon as they come to hand.'

I figure from now they realise they are way behind the scuttlebutt of the internet and they just be ticking boxes. 😁

I gave my local Tesla a call yesterday to fast-track the call I was already expecting (in my 19th week of "20", now pushed out by a few months) - after having a whine here about not hearing right away, I didn't have the heart to take any of that frustration out on the guy who had to deliver the news. Poor dude's voice was shaking and he sounded thoroughly defeated - I imagine these poor SA's have been getting a hard time. To anybody taking/making a call to Tesla, remember to not shoot the messenger!

I gave my local Tesla a call yesterday to fast-track the call I was already expecting (in my 19th week of "20", now pushed out by a few months) - after having a whine here about not hearing right away, I didn't have the heart to take any of that frustration out on the guy who had to deliver the news. Poor dude's voice was shaking and he sounded thoroughly defeated - I imagine these poor SA's have been getting a hard time. To anybody taking/making a call to Tesla, remember to not shoot the messenger!
I tried to defuse the angst for my SA by texting them first, to say I knew the call was coming and that I understand the situation. He called me with a lot of relief that he didn't have face a cranky person on the other end of the phone.

Reactions: Bennny and maxb
Maybe they'll plan a huge RHD production run for Australia so the 14-16 week people and 5-7 month people (plus all those LR/P people who been waiting extra long) get delivered all at the same time in 2H 😝...... maybe not actually ....... who knows
The bottleneck isn't the car production, it's the local delivery resources (in particular car carrier availability). Maybe they should contract QUBE or someone to rail the vehicles out from Port Kembla after they've gone through import processing.

The bottleneck isn't the car production, it's the local delivery resources (in particular car carrier availability). Maybe they should contract QUBE or someone to rail the vehicles out from Port Kembla after they've gone through import processing.
Where does this idea come from. The cars haven’t been made yet. They are not in this country, so there is no bottleneck here

I too got the dreaded call today , they said second half of 2022.... anyways we have to live with it now , I had ordered my
M3 RW
Midnight Silver with
Black interior on
19/01/2022
Melbourne
lets be positive and something turns around..... Miracle do happen sometimes so keeping my figures crossed and keeping a positive attitude
cheers

Reactions: Julcars