Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know how long it is from moment your car is built to your vin appearing in source code?

Do we think there will be vin allocations every day?? I'm buzzing, I have to know 😂😂😂 someone get that darth Veda guy back in here
Once those that have been assigned VINs get invoiced, the invoice will contain the Build Date. Hopefully some people will start reporting they've been invoiced (and usually start asking "should I really pay straightaway?").

With all the excitement of VINs being assigned (17/2 M3 Black on Black and still waiting) it now seems to align perfectly with me committing to buy my last ICE today, an Everest 4x4 to tick the family, weekends away camping etc box. Fingers crossed we might get 2 new cars in a month or 2 and have a truckload of new car debt to pay off at once :)

• Funny
Reactions: rtvanda and Ormaus
So what’s everyone’s theory with this? Seems an unusual time in the quarter for Vin allocation? Surely something to do with the impending shutdown. Build dates will start to tell the story of course. Have they had a late quarter run for us in leu of an early quarter run that will now be missed? Is this an extra run they managed to squeeze in so they can clear some of our backlog? Be interesting to know if these are yet to be built, just built today or maybe already on ship on their way here?

Reactions: rtvanda and j4rryd
I saw the 17.01.22 reply…is there a Feb one?
No sure im in feb and havent received anything, funny enough my SA just returned my phone call and he told me vin allocation will start in the first 2 weeks of july and will include up to march orders according him, so all Q2 orders, and they are expecting thousands of deliveries in Q3 to a point they requesting saturday deliveries from Q3. Thats what he said.

• Love
Reactions: Robdunc and Ormaus
Based on the spreadsheet, I'd expect to hear VIN allocation from:
RWD - @MonsterRat (17/1)
LR - @Mrhany (26/11), @breezy_tesla (1/12), hopefully soon @Luddo (8/1)
P - anyone?!

1656412717536.png

Reactions: Maximillan